2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Well guys...   You got it done.  Congrats to those of you that have had season tickets and supported the team through the drought, you made this possible.  enjoy the off season

Much appreciated good sir...Thats the 4th cup I've got to witness in my 48 years...didn't think number 4 would take this long...

8 minutes ago, ddanger said:

walked around outside in the rain wearing my Death Roh shirt and didn't care! May have been the beverages.....but I don't think so. So happy and excited for our city and the team!!

Forgot about Roh... crazy the depth on our DL

Just now, Booch said:

Much appreciated good sir...Thats the 4th cup I've got to witness in my 48 years...didn't think number 4 would take this long...

I am a year older than you, and I have seen 3.  Have to enjoy them when they come, never know when the next one will be there. 

A lot of superstitious things being posted here. A lot of Cats are this and Cats are that and Speedy Banks this and blah Blah BLAH. The Blue and Gold are gonna slap Simoni in his yappy mouth. They will rob the Banks and make him cry like the little bitty baby we all know he is. This will be a Big W for the Bombers and I for one am 100% for sure on that! I don't really give a damn how they do it, roll on the ground, fly in the sky ****** wheel barrow race the ball into the endzone I don't care! Just get that Big W boys! Go out there and lay everything on the line and bring that Grey Cup home to God's Land! Manitoba! Bring her home to FortHew!

I was 100% confident that the boys would bring the cup home! Things were just falling into place ever since the Collaros trade and there was no way these Bombers were going to be denied! Your 2019 Grey Cup Champions - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers! See you guys at the parade tomorrow!

I don't post much, but I read pretty much every comment made on MBB.

I just have to say that I'm still coming to grips with the fact that we are Grey Cup Champs!

After the last game against Hamilton, I was really down, sitting in the stands and questioning how such a promising season could have gone so wrong, how a team could be so cursed. My wife said that all teams have losses like this and to stay positive.

Trading for Collaros provided some hope. Didn't quite know what to expect though. 4 games later, and he will go down as a Blue Bomber legend! The way Lapo used him and Streveler was brilliant!

Andrew Harris played the game of a lifetime in the Grey Cup (or for Harris, a game he has 5 times a season)! Couldn't have asked for a better performance! And screw all of the haters!

The D was amazing in the playoff run! Props to Richie Hall for coming through big time when it counted! Jefferson and Jeffcoat were absolute BEASTS in the GC! Giving up 3 tds in 3 games? Crazy! 

Medlock was money all playoffs. Thought he should have been an all-star for his punting. But now he's Grey Cup champ, so I'm sure he'd take that in a heartbeat.

It's funny how things turn out. I've been a season ticket holder for 12 seasons. A fan for much, much longer than that. I've been through so many ups and downs (many more downs). Of all of the years that we could have won the cup, so many crazy things had to happen right this year to do it! This was our year!

Winnipeg Blue Bombers, 2019 Grey Cup Champions! Has such a good ring to it! 😁

Edited by The Ginge

I need to stop reading this thread at work, there is always another story that gets the tears streaming...

By 2000 I had given up on the Bombers but was hired by a great man that had a 1991 ring. He worked on my for years, gave me his tickets for some games but shirts for all the staff every time they appeared in the Cup. 2007 I got my own season tickets, I lost my father in 2009 and never got him to a game, lost my professional mentor in 2010 and he never saw the new stadium or another Grey Cup for the Bombers.

I know you watched Bruce, thank you for re-kindling my fandom.

24 minutes ago, nawrockp said:

Could not have gotten here without Matt Nichols. His leadership marked the change of course for this organization towards the right direction, in 2016

Getting Collaros and Nichols for pennies on the dollar and trading Willy for a modest return are three incredible moves that shaped not only our team to respectability but to eventual Grey Cup champions. Walters deserves a lot of credit as well!

Just sitting here reflecting back a July evening in 2016 in Edmonton where this team at a fork in the road. A loss that night might of meant the club going down a different road but the character of that locker room turned it around leading to a winning run that has not happened in Winnipeg in a long time. The other road was taken and 4 yrs later it ends in the cup coming home.