2019 GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

JCon

29 YEARS!!! I have 3 sons.  The middle one is 12 and the only sports fan. Telling him how I was 14 in 1984 and to remember this.  He’s a big Raptors fan so probably thinks this is normal.   I remember 1990 like it was yesterday.  My current licence plate ends with 34N.  My mnemonic is 34 is Greg Battle’s number.  2 interceptions.  2019.  Harris. Jefferson. Jeffcoat.  The German.  Everybody.  Much maligned midget Rider halfback crying.  I am very very happy.  My Edmonton  cousin I last talked about sports to in the WHA days called.  Over the moon.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.    Way too much beer, but I need to drink some go for Do or Die.

Just now, no71 said:

29 YEARS!!! I have 3 sons.  The middle one is 12 and the only sports fan. Telling him how I was 14 in 1984 and to remember this.  He’s a big Raptors fan so probably thinks this is normal.   I remember 1990 like it was yesterday.  My current licence plate ends with 34N.  My mnemonic is 34 is Greg Battle’s number.  2 interceptions.  2019.  Harris. Jefferson. Jeffcoat.  The German.  Everybody.  Much maligned midget Rider halfback crying.  I am very very happy.  My Edmonton  cousin I last talked about sports to in the WHA days called.  Over the moon.  Fuuuuuuuuuuuck.    Way too much beer, but I need to drink some go for Do or Die.

Ha! I’m a big raptors fan but their journey was very similar to the Bombers. Mostly terrible teams, a few under achieving teams, and waiting for the right moment to win it all! It’s been a great year for sports. Hopefully the jets can make some noise. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I’m not going to get into a big argument here. Everyone here is over the moon about this. This isn’t about “showing the haters” or any other garbage like 

Since when did you not want to argue? 

Alot of people who stuck with this regime and players( unlike you) deserve some credit. 

Just that...

After the win in 1984 I was 14 and we were in a traffic jam on Portage ave in downtown wpg.i got out of the car and was running around celebrating with all the drunk Bomber fans.When my Dad called me back to the car,there was an old fashioned pepsi glass on the roof of our car.Earlier in the week ,I texted my Mom a pic of the glass and asked if she knew where it was from.She did;tonight she asked if I was drinking form the glass...yep.Once the  game ended...first beer and now rum..sorry Do or die..I hate gin 😝

5 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Alot of people who stuck with this regime and players( unlike you) deserve some credit. 

Just that...

I’m too happy to waste my time with someone who would rather spend the hours after the biggest victory in 29 years doing “I told you so’s”. 

52 minutes ago, JBombers said:

Just witnessed my first ever Bomber grey cup win. I was born on November 27, 1990, two days after their last grey cup win. I'm extremely happy for all us fans. See everyone at the parade!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

I'm so happy for fans like you. That stuck with this team while never experiencing a championship. In the days ahead, the feeling will just get better & better. 

Just now, AKAChip said:

I doubted this team. I thought they couldn’t win with this offence. I think most of us had significant doubts going into the playoffs. I could not be happier to be wrong. Above all else, I am a Bomber fan. Nothing is sweeter than this. 

Nothing matters right now. Just enjoy this!

49 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Just that...

Oh, so you want to take this moment to make it about you getting credit for sticking with this regime and players. Wonderful. Thanks for adding to the great ambiance of our first Grey Cup win in 29 years. Just what I wanted to read at this time.

So tell us, so that you get the credit, just what is it that you want us to say to you?

Don't post much here, but would like to share a few things about what tonight's Blue Bomber Grey Cup victory meant to me, if that's ok. Some info to put it into context...

- had a car accident in January. No one was hurt, and 0% my fault, but my car was written off. Had to buy lower quality vehicle with the settlement.

- spent nearly two weeks in the hospital with a nasty leg infection.

- engine blew out on my above-mentioned new (used) car. Ended up S.O.L. on that one.

- got another new car and got into another accident less than two months later. No one was hurt, but I will admit to being at fault for that one. Just a brain fart on my part. My bad. Had to buy another car.

- my mom, who let me move in with her 16 years ago, when my divorce cleaned me out, is moving into a nursing home at the end of this month, i.e. the end of this week (cue jokes re: grown man living with his mom, not to worry, no offence will be taken). What with the packing, searching for a place to live, plus the arranging of two moves, plus searching for three new (used) cars in one year, a hospital stay, and this being the last Grey Cup we'll watch under this roof, and all that upheaval and stress of this whole ***ing year... well, my mom and I had a good cry (good tears!) and a good hug and we both let out a loud WHOOP! when Zach took that knee at the end of the 4th quarter!

Anyways...

Cheering for a sports team may seem meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but, at least for me and my mom and my brother and sister and their spouses (all of us life-long Blue Bomber fans), tonight, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers winning the 2019 Grey Cup means... well... everything. I love the Blue & Gold, win or lose, but needless to say, I❤my Winnipeg Blue Bombers now more than ever! Congratulations to the 2019 Grey Cup Champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers! What an amazing game! Congrats to Andrew Harris! And thank you!🏈🤗

Having said that, as Tyrone Jones, James "Wild Wild" West and the rest of the Blue Bombers once said back in the day...

WHO GOT 'DA CUP?

WE GOT 'DA CUP !!!

Thanks for indulging my rant. Smiling now like I haven't in a long time! 😁👍🏈

2 hours ago, JBombers said:

Just witnessed my first ever Bomber grey cup win. I was born on November 27, 1990, two days after their last grey cup win. I'm extremely happy for all us fans. See everyone at the parade!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

On you day of birth I was still trying to get out of the YVR airport....so,lets say one of the many beers I had in the airport was in honour of your birth lol.

#FORTHEW