Andrew Harris suspended for 2 games

blue85gold

Harris missing the next two games for pretty much any other reason, and I'm ecstatic. 

This, however,  sucks on every level for everyone involved

I wish I could hope for a lab error or something,  but these things usually have so many quality controls in place to avoid false positives,  that's why it takes two months to announce 

Frack

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Tiny traces suggest it was not something he knowingly took. 

Like Evgeny Kuznetsov's excuse of yeah it was right in front of me but I didn't take it so that's why i tested positive a year later.

If you test positive for drugs your first line of defense will be "I did not take drugs." and the second line of defense is "Trace amounts, it was only trace amounts!"

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Everyone is going to defend this because it’s Andrew Harris and we are Bomber fans but let’s get real.

He tested positive because he did it. They don’t just throw Dianabol into supplements, you don’t just whoopsie daisy your way into consuming it. The reality is whatever he was taking to mask it, he messed up and he got popped. And I say that as a huge Harris fan. But let’s not cover our eyes and ears and ignore reality just because he’s a Bomber.

Im not. I just read all the statements and how many times hes been tested and the fact he was tested 10 days prior.

To me, this is def something he didnt knowingly take. 

Besides this test was done July 12th.. Over a month ago. Hell 6 weeks ago. Results just out now? 

Harris is a stand up guy.. Straight shooter. U don't have to believe him but i will. 

1 minute ago, bearpants said:

This is really disappointing... I - along with basically everyone here - am a huge Andrew Harris fan... it's hard to not to view him a little differently now...

I agree.  Steroids don’t randomly contaminate legit supplements.  I am beyond pissed at him. Until proven otherwise I’m blaming Harris for this situation.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Im not. I just read all the statements and how many times hes been tested and the fact he was tested 10 days prior.

Besides this test was done July 12th.. Over a month ago. Hell 6 weeks ago. Results just out now? 

Harris is a stand up guy.. Straight shooter. U don't have to believe him but i will. 

If it's masked, trace may only show up. Also, it takes a few weeks to get results. Then, appealed and they go to the second sample. And here we are. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

This must be your first time experiencing news about a positive test for steroids.

what do you expect him to say? “yeah I did it, oops”?

The test results take time, you don’t just pee on a stick and have it turn colors. He appealed which caused a second sample to be tested. It’s no wonder the process took time.

2 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

Throw the book at him. Don't want to see any appeal or more excuses.

Love him, heart and soul guy, but rules is rules.

He damn well knew what he was doing.

He did the crime, now do the time man.

The punishment has already been announced....? and the appeal has already been done...