2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

Rick Moffat twitter feed: 'Asked one of #Claybrooks’ players if Coach had a mantra or fave saying he preached: #FIFO. Fit in or ____off. He’ll won’t be unemployed for long'.

DC's mantra doesn't fit with everything in life but I think it's an appropriate saying in football for the most part. :-)

I met Ed Hervey some years back when my son was playing peewee, nice guy, knows football but at some point he is going to run out of mulligans.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

pretty sure Jon Ryan is not the best punter.... NFL cred impressing people

Oh for CRyan out loud.
There’s way more to punting than just hoofing the ball. And Ryan is a hoofer. No way he works as hard at his craft than Medlock, who’s always trying something innovative and very much succeeding at doing it.
It’s hard to argue a lot of the choices..such as linemen, but it shouldn’t be hard to recognize a master like Medlock.

Voters made a mistake on this one.

The best case scenario is Osh wants to stay and signs another contract and changes up both OC and DC. Don't really care who (either from within - fine - or quality guys from outside...) but have to change up the two main coordinators... Boudreau as STC can definitely stay. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

What concerns me is that he sort of interned under LaPolice, and O'Shea who have not been ideal mentors.

Osh is the perfect mentor for someone who wants to be HC. I'm hoping Buck can take the best of Lapo (and to be fair there's good in Lapo the OC) and add some balls. Some aggressiveness. Then we'd really have something... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Osh is the perfect mentor for someone who wants to be HC. I'm hoping Buck can take the best of Lapo (and to be fair there's good in Lapo the OC) and add some balls. Some aggressiveness. Then we'd really have something... 

A run first offense is an 80's style attack. I don't want more of the same with Buck that we had with LaPo. I want an offense that stretches defenses downfield & can score from anywhere on the field. I'd rather have Harris run for a thousand yards,  a qb who throws for 4,000 yards & have at least 2 receivers with a thousand yards each.