2019 CFL Season: Around the League

Mr Dee

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Its not like attendance issues only pertain to the CFL, the big four also have had trouble getting people to actually go to games.

No doubt but the CFL is always in a precarious position. Our TV revenue is locked in for the foreseeable future, so growth will have to come from sponsorship and gate/concession revenue. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

#Redblacks’ linebacker Jeff Knox Jr. having ‘strange year,’ hits tiger on highway

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/05/redblacks-linebacker-jeff-knox-jr-having-strange-year-hits-tiger-on-highway/  #Ottawa #RNation #Riders #Argos #CFL

He hit a leopard, not a tiger. 😄

Still weird, but something you can recount for many years.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

Its not like attendance issues only pertain to the CFL, the big four also have had trouble getting people to actually go to games.

.. We looking 100 plus bucks for 3 ppl plus food etc. So lets say 200 bucks as a rough estimate. Or watch at home for free pretty much. This is the problem. Pro sports are actually pricing out famillies. Me GF and our5 yr old.. 200 plus for sure..  Just not worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

.. We looking 100 plus bucks for 3 ppl plus food etc. So lets say 200 bucks as a rough estimate. Or watch at home for free pretty much. This is the problem. Pro sports are actually pricing out famillies. Me GF and our5 yr old.. 200 plus for sure..  Just not worth it. 

And Winnipeg is one of the cheapest places to see a football game. 

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

The big thing is that todays target demographic is the type that wants an experience in their entertainment. But they are harder to lock in as hard core season ticket types. The jets split that market and make it harder still to lock them in. This age range also mostly hasnt seen a grey cup. 

The real issue with eating at the game isnt the price, its the combination of what you pay and what you get. People would buy more and care less if the food was better. I eat before the game. Because I dont want to pay strong prices for food worse then what you can get at gas stations. The walby burger etc address this a bit, but im in the group that finds it revolting. 

Its a perfect storm of trouble drawing. Imo, if you want to fill the seats and try to lock in some market share in that demographic, keep the 5 dollar beer price. And win a grey cup ofc. Maybe try to get the league to push back the start of the season as early as possible. Rather then worrying about NFL TCs, avoid as much of the NHL season as possible to maximize revenue. 

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would bet that they were accepting Canadian Tire money for tickets  in both Toronto and Vancouver.

And give up valuable Canadian Tire money? I doubt it. 

I could probably redeem my McDonald's coffee stickers. 

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

Y'all want to witness the craziness? Hurry! Only 2,000 tickets left for the Eastern Semi-Final on Sunday! 🎟️bit.ly/Nov-10-game

Should be a hoot.
I just hope they don’t blare those damn vuvuzelas all game. 

Capacity of 23,420 and they've known for a month+ that they were hosting the ESF. 

16 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Claybrooks never should have left Calgary. He won't he coming back as his protégé Brent Monson is doing a very good job with far, far less talent on defense than Claybrooks ever had. Getting a HC job based on limited experience coaching with only one team. What could possibly go wrong? I guess the flavour of the month went sour. He grew into the job as the season went on but the first half of the year, Claybrooks was totally lost & so was his inexperienced coaching staff.  It really showed. By the time he was able to get a handle on things it was too late.

Edited by SpeedFlex27