Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Thanks, that was good for a laugh. Lol. 

You'd think Putin was pulling the strings all game. Rewatching the game right now, really don't understand why TSN would put Rider fans like Suiter on commentary during Bomber games, just terribly biased. 

Edited by Gotmilt

Really?   It was no better or worse than any other game Suitor does.  that's a tough game to do because as the house broadcaster you need to be looked at as providing as close to a balanced call as you can given the score.  What these guys would like to say would probably get them fired.  The panel at half time are given considerably more freedom in their opinions and commentary and thats why it's much more entertaining.  

I'm not his biggest fan but suits is not as bad as many of you make him out to be.  

This was a solid three-phase win. Thought all aspects of the team played well last night. Gotta give credit to the coaching staff again. Toronto may be a weak team, but any team with Marc Trestman shouldn't be overlooked. Osh, LaPo and Hall were solid for both games against TO.

Franklin was supposed to be the next big thing but if that turns out to be true this was one helluva detour.  Throwing a lot more interceptions and showing less mobility than I anticipated.

13 hours ago, Mike said:

These refs are actually atrocious but here's a legit question - if they can reverse a call AFTER it's been called with one team not having a challenge in their pocket, what on earth is the point of the challenges in the first place? Why is the booth not just reviewing every call and making decisions like that?

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a reversal of a penalty call made by review when there was no turnover or challenge. I can’t come up with any reason why a penalty was reversed without cause. Why?

So, when does the next penalty get reversed and why?

What are the parameters? Who makes that decision?

I’d be very interested to know what Coach O’Shea has to say about that.

Good call or bad call..what? The reviewers can go fishing on plays now?

Damned lucky it wasn’t a game changer.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a reversal of a penalty call made by review when there was no turnover or challenge. I can’t come up with any reason why a penalty was reversed without cause. Why?

Why? Because the refs were giving Toronto a freebie. Possibly as a make up for some of the soft ones earlier, possibly just to keep it from really spiralling out of control.

40 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Really?   It was no better or worse than any other game Suitor does.  that's a tough game to do because as the house broadcaster you need to be looked at as providing as close to a balanced call as you can given the score.  What these guys would like to say would probably get them fired.  The panel at half time are given considerably more freedom in their opinions and commentary and thats why it's much more entertaining.  

I'm not his biggest fan but suits is not as bad as many of you make him out to be.  

He's not terrible on a normal night... but he definitely seemed bias throughout the game.    I have no problem with them calling out the refs ...  but he shouldn't be dead quiet whenever the offense does make well executed plays rather then bringing up the fact that the drive was penalty aided and focus on that all night long.

He also said the game was close which clearly it was not.  

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He's not terrible on a normal night... but he definitely seemed bias throughout the game.    I have no problem with them calling out the refs ...  but he shouldn't be dead quiet whenever the offense does make well executed plays rather then bringing up the fact that the drive was penalty aided and focus on that all night long.

I was laughing when he would go silent for stretches at a time near the end of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

This, he's fine when calling teams other than WPG and SSK but mannnnn every time a penalty would be called I cringed because he'd make an ass out of himself every time.

Just wanted to add my MVP for the game was that kid running around all game with the big TSN camera, I swear that guy must have run a marathon with that 50 pound camera on his shoulder.

Edited by Gotmilt

13 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

#2 Thompkins looks like he has some skills. But wtf was he doing when he had both Argo d backs beat and decided to stutter step, get tackled, rather than burning into the end zone? 

He probably won’t be doing that again. 

Could not figure that out.  I was at the game and thought maybe I was seeing it from a bad angle, but the replays certainly didn’t show the need to make a move there.  That being said, the move to get him free was a peach.

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Could not figure that out.  I was at the game and thought maybe I was seeing it from a bad angle, but the replays certainly didn’t show the need to make a move there.  That being said, the move to get him free was a peach.

Thompkins has all the attributes necessary to become a star in this league and is going to get better every game.

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Thompkins has all the attributes necessary to become a star in this league and is going to get better every game.

Every time I watch him I just see a bigger Darvin, he's got the same soft hands and runs super smooth routes. Just gotta finish now.

Well Thompkins improved the position left by a weak performer by about 500%....It's nice to have all of your weapons loaded and ready for action instead of having a dud in the chamber...Only one way...and that's UP for Thompkins...He looks hungry enough to be here awhile

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Suitor rarely calls a good game. Also consistently wrong on PI. His general commentary of its not PI because the  DB turned back and looked at the ball is flat wrong. Been to a few fan clinics with head of officiating, Glen Johnson, who always points this out.

It's not so much Suitor is biased ( & he is). It's how he just goes on & on & on about certain players. Like Jonathan Jennings. He is only one in a long list of qbs he fawns over & keeps telling us how great he is when he clearly isn't.  It just gets so tiring listening to the same thing every game.

20 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Suitor rarely calls a good game. Also consistently wrong on PI. His general commentary of its not PI because the  DB turned back and looked at the ball is flat wrong. Been to a few fan clinics with head of officiating, Glen Johnson, who always points this out.

I don't understand how you can say the UR call was a bad call? That has been the rule forever. The ball was clearly overthrown Darvin didn't even touch it. Ball could have pulled up but decided to demolish him after the ball hit the turf.

Edited by Gotmilt

8 minutes ago, Gotmilt said:

I don't understand how you can say the UR call was a bad call? That has been the rule forever. The ball was clearly overthrown Darvin didn't even touch it. Ball could have pulled up but decided to demolish him after the ball hit the turf.

Basically the definition of "unnecessary "