Game Day Thread- Week Seven: Toronto @ Winnipeg July 27, 2018

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Fringe penalties? Hands to the face is called every game and so are late hits. PI is PI. You sound like Suitor. 

The one unnecessary roughness call on Ball was absolutely horrible and the jersey tug was ... eh

1 minute ago, Mike said:

The one unnecessary roughness call on Ball was absolutely horrible and the jersey tug was ... eh

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one who thought that.  I mean, the score speaks for itself with our guys up by 15, but I feel offenses in the CFL are already getting a crazy amount of advantages, and these handicaps being put on defenses have to stop.

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The Ball penalty needs to be called 100% of the time.  Way late and how you end up with an injury list full of stars.

He was still on the playing field. Ball was coming over. I don't know what he  could have done?

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That was a bad call. Great it helped us set up the first TD but next time we could be the victim of a bad call like that. 

Yeah, had it been helmet to helmet or something cheap like that, I'd have agreed with the call.  But a collision like that ... I don't like flagging it.  Big hits are part of football and those who don't like them should just stop watching the game.

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

He was still on the playing field running forward. I don't know what else Ball could have done?

Stopped?  The ball hits the turf and Adams pulls up nearly a full second before Ball levels him full speed.  That's dirty as hell.  He still would have hit him if he slowed down but nowhere near that amount of contact and force.  Totally unnecessary as the play was obviously over.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Stopped?  The ball hits the turf and Adams pulls up nearly a full second before Ball levels him full speed.  That's dirty as hell.  He still would have hit him if he slowed down but nowhere near that amount of contact and force.  Totally unnecessary as the play was obviously over.

It wasn't dirty. He hit him shoulder level. Didn't spear him or go low. It was a clean hit as far as I saw.  It didn't look late to me.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Play was definitely over no need for the hit, hard hits are a part of the game, late hits are not and should be penalized whether its on a qb or any other player

Edited by bustamente