Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

6 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

There is a huge difference between laughing at Collaros for getting hurt and laughing at the rivals from the stink pit known as Regina. I did not read anyone pointing out glee that ZC was hurt. Would you please quote the note that troubles you? You figger it’s a “group” problem. We’ll see if the “group” agrees with you. 

All I know is the Rider official twitter account tweeted after Durant stole $70,000 from the Bombers & Nichols was injured something like, "Hey Bombers how's your qb situation?" And Burgess is bitching about the people here boasting about Collaros injury? Whatever... Where's the so called class from the Riders? I just see it as Karma. 

19 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

All I know is the Rider official twitter account tweeted after Durant stole $70,000 from the Bombers & Nichols was injured something like, "Hey Bombers how's your qb situation?" And Burgess is bitching about the people here boasting about Collaros injury? Whatever... Where's the so called class from the Riders? I just see it as Karma. 

Don't complain about what the Riders fans do if you're going to do it yourself.

Whining about the classless Riders doesn't give anyone the 'right' to be classless too.

Karma's only a ***** if you are.

9 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Whining about the classless Riders doesn't give anyone the 'right' to be classless too.

Nah. The point needed to be made. He just posted what many of us were thinking.

35 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That ship has sailed. He threw for something like 278 yards & a couple of touchdowns but his team really went nowhere on the field. Just up & down between the 35 yard lines. Need ten yards for a first down, okay throw for eight. Imperative he doesn't get sacked. He gets sacked. Don't throw a pick. He throws a pick. Provide leadership. No leadership given. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with a qb like that.

Willy suffers from D-line shock.

I doubt there are many here who would cheer when a player from another team gets hurt. Especially when it is a head injury. No one said. "LOL Collaros. You're hurt, ha, ha, ha".  What people are enjoying is watching the Rider fanbase & the team itself taking some smack being shot back at them. The Riders may not be as good as they think & the arrogance shown by that tweet... No other team would ever do that. I don't take any joy seeing Zach Collaros suffer thru another concussion. But it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing the Riders & their fans suffer instead.

2 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

No one here is cheering that ZC is hurt- people are cheering because karma came and bit the crider fans in the ass, that and that their team sucks ass. 

Why you gotta be a wet sandwich?

49 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I doubt there are many here who would cheer when a player from another team gets hurt. Especially when it is a head injury. No one said. "LOL Collaros. You're hurt, ha, ha, ha".  What people are enjoying is watching the Rider fanbase & the team itself taking some smack being shot back at them. The Riders may not be as good as they think & the arrogance shown by that tweet... No other team would ever do that. I don't take any joy seeing Zach Collaros suffer thru another concussion. But it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing the Riders & their fans suffer instead.

Coach Jones' indifference to shoring up his O Line during the off-season is what makes me grin...not ZC's injury. 

Rider fans & Media (I'm not making this up), have brought up the possibility of getting Darian Durrant back in Rider colours due to the injury to Collaros.

Okay, now what would that look like?

Chris Jones: " Hello, Kyle. I was wondering if you could let us have the rights to Darian back?" 

Kyle Walters: (hysterical laughter in background...click).

Chris Jones: "Hello My Walters. Uh, I wasn't kidding. We really need him."

Kyle Walters: ".Let me think about that...No!" (click)

Chris Jones: "Hello Mr. Walters. Sir. I'm desperate here sir. What would it take for us to complete that trade?"

Kyle Walters:. "For starters...$75,000." (click).

9 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

Rider fans & Media (I'm not making this up), have brought up the possibility of getting Darian Durrant back in Rider colours due to the injury to Collaros.

Okay, now what would that look like?

Chris Jones: " Hello, Kyle. I was wondering if you could let us have the rights to Darian back?" 

Kyle Walters: (hysterical laughter in background...click).

Chris Jones: "Hello My Walters. Uh, I wasn't kidding. We really need him."

Kyle Walters: ".Let me think about that...No!" (click)

Chris Jones: "Hello Mr. Walters. Sir. I'm desperate here sir. What would it take for us to complete that trade?"

Kyle Walters:. "For starters...$75,000." (click).

I'd do it for their 2019 2nd round pick. Should be good for no worse than 12th overall, and I'd love to watch an old and out of shape Durant play behind that line.

I'm a hypocrite in my hate for the riders. I've never tried to hide it. I hope they never win a game again. I thought that remark via Twitter was classless. But now I'm super happy to shove it down their throat any chance I get.

As for Durant coming back. If I was Walters I'd gladly hand him over. That would essentially guarantee a 5th place finish by the riders.

Edited by Bigblue204

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

18 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

15 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Folks are simply complaining about exactly the same thing they themselves are doing and don't like getting called on it and of course SpeedFlex is taking it personally😁

How could he not take it personally- YOU made it personal. Do you even see what you are doing here or is this just wasted keystrokes?

GD...

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

50 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm a hypocrite in my hate for the riders. I've never tried to hide it. I hope they never win a game again. I thought that remark via Twitter was classless. But now I'm super happy to shove it down their throat any chance I get.

As for Durant coming back. If I was Walters I'd gladly hand him over. That would essentially guarantee a 5th place finish by the riders.

Can you imagine what this year's Banjo bowl would be like if Darian Durant was starting for the Riders. Not that it needs anymore hype but man that would be crazy awesome.

20 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Can you imagine what this year's Banjo bowl would be like if Darian Durant was starting for the Riders. Not that it needs anymore hype but man that would be crazy awesome.

I would love it...

Realistically though, he would never make it through two weeks behind that o-line 

Genius Jones wants to bring Durant back and utilize him where he would be most effective....on the Oline.

Jones-“Hey Darius just stand there between Clark and Coleman. Don’t worry that you are slower than everyone else on the oline. Your fat ass is bigger than theirs and nobody in the defencive front seven can get around you in time to get to Brandon.”

Durant-“Okay coach. I’m willing to do whatever is best for the team.  I’m still getting paid in doughnuts right?”

Edited by Dirty30

2 hours ago, Marshall said:

**** Durant and the Riders.  Durant essentially told Us  to **** off by retiring after taking the Bonus. 

So Durant can Sit there all season long. 

I'm not clear on how retirement works, but i assume if he wants to unretire, his rights are owned by the bombers for the length of his contract?

Edited by Adrenaline_x

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am not sure what is more petty... wanting Durant to have to sit at home retired or making him play for the Riders... Help my spiteful self decide. 

Not sure its Petty at all.  He made a decision in is best interest, and i think the bombers should do the same. Unless Sask is willing to pay for his rights, around 75k, or are willing to take over his previous bonus payment and some picks, then the bombers should do nothing. 

The bombers would not see any benefit by making the Riders better (aaaahahahahahahah) by giving them Durant for nothing.

Do you guys really think Chris Jones even wants Durant on the Riders team? He was correct in his previous assessment of Durant when let him go to the Als and nothing has changed.

Lets be real here. The emergence of Strevler would likely not have happened if Durant hadn't retired, so it turns out that every penny that Durant did not deserve to keep turned out to be the best $70k in cap money that the Bombers have ever spent.

19 minutes ago, Adrenaline_x said:

Not sure its Petty at all.  He made a decision in is best interest, and i think the bombers should do the same. Unless Sask is willing to pay for his rights, around 75k, or are willing to take over his previous bonus payment and some picks, then the bombers should do nothing. 

The bombers would not see any benefit by making the Riders better (aaaahahahahahahah) by giving them Durant for nothing.

This would not make the Riders better. That's the point. Let them have Durant. It would help the Bombers.