Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

So Riders sign a DB..again another former NFL washout..who has been out of football a while..and has a rap sheet as long as my leg..gf assaults.. drugs..like wtf?!?! How does Jones scout and find guys? What a sad state of affairs there and you wonder why that team shows no semblance of a team?? Bringing in questionable character and head cases...its almost not even funny anymore

26 minutes ago, Booch said:

So Riders sign a DB..again another former NFL washout..who has been out of football a while..and has a rap sheet as long as my leg..gf assaults.. drugs..like wtf?!?! How does Jones scout and find guys? What a sad state of affairs there and you wonder why that team shows no semblance of a team?? Bringing in questionable character and head cases...its almost not even funny anymore

I don't understand why he hasn't brought back Vince Young, Jones gives up too easily. :huh:

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Who would that be? Can't find any info.

1 hour ago, Zontar said:

Riders plucked a cdn o liner off HAMs garbage pile. Week 4 and Riders are in full scrap heapin' mode.

Wonder how long before they kick the tires on speller. 

Im surprised they didnt go after tyler johnstone. 

Ohhh maybe we could trade them neuf. Thatd be great...

44 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'd point out to them they could just play Elam as a DB and Carter as a WR but fear that the Gappers would shout me down for not seeing Jones's vision.

Based on what I read there lately, I think the tide has turned at riderfans as far as Chris Jones is concerned. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

Based on what I read there lately, I think the tide has turned at riderfans as far as Chris Jones is concerned. 

Jones has very few supporters there at the moment and the language the posters are using to describe him are the same as the postings in this forum. How have the mighty fallen.

Jesus, Chris Jones loves him some criminals. He's always signing some ****** with some kind of assault, domestic violence charges. I mean, this guy is probably a slight step up from having a receiver as a DB, but still scraping the bottom of the barrel.

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So this should bump up the bombers 2 first round picks this year right? All in all pretty sweet. This is of course assuming the Als wind up dead last.

That is also assuming it isn't the Riders who finish last, which at this point looks likely.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Jones has very few supporters there at the moment and the language the posters are using to describe him are the same as the postings in this forum. How have the mighty fallen.

True but their opinions are meaningless.  

On that site it's the opinions of a select few that matter.

Some are subtly defending Jones by trying  to spread the blame around. Others are warning against "knee jerk" reactions and putting critics on the defensive for being over reactive and not providing solutions...as if thats the fan's responsibility.

Yeah in the draft next year we will have 2 picks in the first round where there will only be 8 picks in the round..so for us that's a pretty sweet deal.

Over last 3 years..and with next year we will have built some nice depth and talent via the draft and not had to overpay for free agents.

12 hours ago, Mike said:

Apparently they’re converting Elam to receiver ... you can’t make this up 

Didn't see this when I posted earlier. What the actual hell? Put Carter at receiver (his normal position) and Elam at DB (also his normal position). Not rocket science, Jones, you stubborn idiot! This Carter experiment has already failed.

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Apparently they’re converting Elam to receiver ... you can’t make this up 

Actually, you or someone can make stuff up as Elam a DB has been brought in by the Riders to try out at CB.

Otoh, the QB that Riders recently released was not brought in to be a QB but to try out as a CB. So, Mike it turns out that you are right after all....you can't make this stuff up.

Edited by DanoT