Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

As early as it is in the season I think this is a make or break game for the Als.  They are not completely without talent,  they have a lot of talented guys around the team.    

I would hope they would lean on Sutton a lot early in the game and then hopefully add in plays for guys like Williams to help kick start that offense.

And why TF is Jackson still playing WR and not slot? I didn't understand that last year and I still don't.

What a classy group around here. Yukking it up because Collaros got hurt again. These are the same fans who were rightly upset when some Riders fans yukked it up when Nichols got hurt. Don't like it when others do it to you, but it's OK to do it to them? Yet another double standard.

IMO: It sucks for the CFL and their fans that any of Nichols, Collaros or Ray have been hurt. More beatdown weekends are likely on the horizon.

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

What a classy group around here. Yukking it up because Collaros got hurt again. These are the same fans who were rightly upset when some Riders fans yukked it up when Nichols got hurt. Don't like it when others do it to you, but it's OK to do it to them? Yet another double standard.

IMO: It sucks for the CFL and their fans that any of Nichols, Collaros or Ray have been hurt. More beatdown weekends are likely on the horizon.

Am noticing this group has thicker skin than another board that I won't mention the name of on here.  

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Context.  If someone laughs because a player got hurt, ie: "I'm glad he's hurt", that's wrong.  If someone laughs because as a result of an injury, a team now sucks, that's different because it's the team's, not the player's, misfortune that is the issue.   And for further context, other than laughing a player's injury, it is always ok to laugh at the Riders, always and all ways.  Get with the program.

16 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

Context.  If someone laughs because a player got hurt, ie: "I'm glad he's hurt", that's wrong.  If someone laughs because as a result of an injury, a team now sucks, that's different because it's the team's, not the player's, misfortune that is the issue.   And for further context, other than laughing a player's injury, it is always ok to laugh at the Riders, always and all ways.  Get with the program.

Quite the hair splittin' you be doing.

1 hour ago, TBURGESS said:

There is a huge difference between laughing at Collaros for getting hurt and laughing at the rivals from the stink pit known as Regina. I did not read anyone pointing out glee that ZC was hurt. Would you please quote the note that troubles you? You figger it’s a “group” problem. We’ll see if the “group” agrees with you. 

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Drew Willy needs a really good O line and he might be ok.

That ship has sailed. He threw for something like 278 yards & a couple of touchdowns but his team really went nowhere on the field. Just up & down between the 35 yard lines. Need ten yards for a first down, okay throw for eight. Imperative he doesn't get sacked. He gets sacked. Don't throw a pick. He throws a pick. Provide leadership. No leadership given. Vince Lombardi couldn't win with a qb like that.