Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Just now, Blueandgold said:

We have JSK & Wild to play at WIL. 

Why would we move Loffler there?

Leggett is by far the better safety... so if you're easing him back in after the injury, Safety is where I'd do it.

I think JSK is penciled in for MLB right now - platoon Wild/Loffler at WIL just to decrease wear and tear on Wild

Basically, you have enough talent on the field that you don't even blink if there's an in-game injury also.

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

Whats that site? ive never heard of it before. 6'1 228 is not above average for a LBer in the nfl. Thats the problem. That said a guy like him (and most who get an nfl look tbh) could make a full career go of it if they put 100% effort into teams play every play and in prep. Instead of the classic de/lb tweener hes a newer lb/db tweener. Big for a db small for a lber. Awesome combo for up here though. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Whats that site? ive never heard of it before. 6'1 228 is not above average for a LBer in the nfl. Thats the problem. That said a guy like him (and most who get an nfl look tbh) could make a full career go of it if they put 100% effort into teams play every play and in prep. Instead of the classic de/lb tweener hes a newer lb/db tweener. Big for a db small for a lber. Awesome combo for up here though. 

When I researched him, one website listed him at 245lb, so he may have either bulked up for an NFL shot or oinked out. Either way, that would bear watching, and one of the knocks on Muamba was that he showed at Rider training camp overweight and out of shape. If true, that is not encouraging or professional.

4 minutes ago, tracker said:

When I researched him, one website listed him at 245lb, so he may have either bulked up for an NFL shot or oinked out. Either way, that would bear watching, and one of the knocks on Muamba was that he showed at Rider training camp overweight and out of shape. If true, that is not encouraging or professional.

More likely his college listed size was bunk. A lot of schools will list guys at what ever they say instead of what they measure out at. Certainly a guy poised to make things happen in camp this year. 

I take every thing that comes from riderville with a severe grain of salt. That said its possible. Hes still a guy who is incredible at scraping to the ball and making hard tackles. He is also a guy you dont have to hide on passing downs. And hes a strong teams player. Henoc muamba is just a damn good football player. Hes the type of Mlber you want. If you replaced hurl with henoc last year the season would have been a lot different. I dont think we could find or get a better player or fit at MLBer. Iirc we gave hurl some thing like 80-100k last year. Id give henoc 200k right now no questions asked. 

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Anything ahead of a calendar year is ahead of schedule for an Achilles.  That puts Leggett at October for a return.  If he’s back before that we are lucky and as you say it often takes another year on top of that for the player to be anywhere near 100%.

Not to mention the level of play most players return to after the age of 30 from an achilles. But who has time for science when blind faith says hes stil Mo. And mo knows football. 

Im not holding my breath. If half way through next year mo is close to the mo of old, ill be tickled. I love mo. Im pulling for him. Weve had guys who were good players (and not) that I didnt really like but hoped would work out. Mo is borderline blue bomber royalty. Hes an all star in the community, and as a person. And he conducts him self in a manner more people should strive for. And hes one hell of a football player. A guy who does all the little things that made careers like wade millers, while being incredibly talented and athletic as well. 

27 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

A 30 year old Eliminian was MODP the year after he torn his Achilles 

Which is kind of like making a budget by saying "that guy won the 50/50 and got $40,000, I'll buy a ticket and it'll happen to me too."

All I'm saying is that relying on a guy coming off an injury like an achilles or ACL is dangerous and clearly the Bombers have already built contingency for that with Fenner and the rookie DB's from last year plus Gaitor/Clarke being added to Fogg, Randle, Loffler.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Which is kind of like making a budget by saying "that guy won the 50/50 and got $40,000, I'll buy a ticket and it'll happen to me too."

All I'm saying is that relying on a guy coming off an injury like an achilles or ACL is dangerous and clearly the Bombers have already built contingency for that with Fenner and the rookie DB's from last year plus Gaitor/Clarke being added to Fogg, Randle, Loffler.

Some were wondering why they resigned Fogg - that’s probably why. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Taylor Loffler is our Safety....he's been an All Star two years in a row.......

Heath... all-star... meh he's over-rated...

Westerman... all-star... too expensive, whatever...

Bond... all-star...  our OL won't even blink

Loffler... you can't seriously suggest moving him to another position... HE'S AN ALLSTAR!!!

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

A 30 year old Eliminian was MODP the year after he torn his Achilles 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

but hey, don't let positivity stand in the way of a good negative rant...

Aside from being one guy in the face of a mountain of names who didnt come back at all, he was 30 in his come back season and recovered at 29. Mo was 31 when he blew it out. Those couple years believe it or not do make a difference. One successful case also doesnt change the probability. Want to buy some used lotto tickets? They COULD  be winners....

This type of injury past 30 isnt like a pulled hammy. Its like your third TJ surgery on the ucl. 

"that on average players took eleven months to return to play, had an average 50 percent reduction in power ratings, and around 30 percent never returned"

The versatility of Fenner and Maurice Leggett also gives the Bombers some options on defence as both have played strong side linebacker and halfback.

“Moe’s very versatile and he and I had a chat when he re-signed,” said Walters. “He’s willing to do whatever it takes to help the team and he’s a team-first guy. He has a willingness to say ‘Put me wherever and I’ll play strong half, weak half, (strong side linebacker)… it doesn’t matter’ certainly made it easier to go target a guy like Fenner.”

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/02/15/gm-kyle-walters-free-agency/

Edited by Atomic
to make post better