Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Do you know what depth means? You can't have a team of all-stars at every position. And some of the depth signings are going to be less than ideal. That's just the way it works (in the CFL anyway).

Demski, Lafrance, Coates, Wolitarsky, Thera-Plamondon, Henry is depth...  Baines is like a Jordan Reaves project.

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Demski, Lafrance, Coates, Wolitarsky, Thera-Plamondon, Henry is depth...  Baines is like a Jordan Reaves project.

Thera-Plamondon is a long snapper masquerading as a receiver and Henry couldn't make it out of rookie camp last year. Baines may not be great or even good, but he's better depth than either of those guys. Though I am certain you know nothing about any of those three.

3 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Thera-Plamondon is a long snapper masquerading as a receiver and Henry couldn't make it out of rookie camp last year. Baines may not be great or even good, but he's better depth than either of those guys. Though I am certain you know nothing about any of those three.

So you bash me and then claim that an injured Tylor Henry 'couldn't make it out of camp' ?  Or that Baines is better than either of them while pointing out that at least T-P is a long snapper.

Typical.  Pot calling the kettle black... while acting superior.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

So you bash me and then claim that an injured Tylor Henry 'couldn't make it out of camp' ?  Or that Baines is better than either of them while pointing out that at least T-P is a long snapper.

Typical.  Pot calling the kettle black... while acting superior.

If you are calling a long snapper "depth" at receiver, I don't know what to tell you. 

9 hours ago, AKAChip said:

If you are calling a long snapper "depth" at receiver, I don't know what to tell you. 

I’m calling Coates and wolitarski depth behind demski and lafrance.  The rest of these guys - except maybe T-P are fighting to be the first phone call to rejoin the practice roster.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Why do you think that? Baines tore it up in college. Reaves was a basketball player trying to learn how to play football.

Neither were drafted - both were projects... anyway lots of debate over a guy who probably won’t make it to camp

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Neither were drafted - both were projects... anyway lots of debate over a guy who probably won’t make it to camp

Baines?  He'll make it to camp.  If we plan to start 2 Canadian receivers we'll need the depth.  Right now it looks like Demski, Coates, Wolitarsky, and Baines will hold those four spots with Henry, Thera-Plamondon, and any draft picks fighting for a spot.

So it sounds like the Bombers are interested in Henoc (of course they are...) but figure they'd have to shed a pile of salary to make happen. The agent isn't even taking offers yet. Still figuring out what he wants to do. Hopefully not a crazy process like The Tour.... 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

So it sounds like the Bombers are interested in Henoc (of course they are...) but figure they'd have to shed a pile of salary to make happen. The agent isn't even taking offers yet. Still figuring out what he wants to do. Hopefully not a crazy process like The Tour.... 

If Henoc (or his agent) is going to be doing any of the silliness like the tour, or if it's going to cause us to have to shed salary in order to sign him, I'd be in favour of looking at someone like Woods.  I'm thinking that they already have a plan for the ratio so it's not like we absolutely need a Canadian MLB.  If we can get him for a reasonable price though, then sure, why not?

Just now, Mike said:

Sounds like Henoc still has his awful agent working for him. I wonder why he hasn’t caught on that signing for the most money he possibly can and milking every dollar out of a club is what makes him the first guy cut every offseason.

Is that Hardaway? Man, that guy..... Not helping the kids reputation... 

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would think so...we have adequate national back-ups..Fenner..Leggett..Fogg have SAM covered...and I think Jones is really gonna impress and take Knox's spot...so odd man out be Wild...possibly Flanders and we use Baumen in his spot

Cutting two good foot soldiers to sign a mercenary sounds like a bad decision imo, I can't see O'Shea going for this.