Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

16 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Maybe Henoc chills at home and waits for a team to run into national injury trouble, then signs at a premium for a partial season?

Keeps his mileage low and his salary high?

(and then he gets cut again the next year because he's overpaid)

But he'll only get a premium for part of the season. Better to get $10k/game for 18 games, rather than $12k/game for 10 games.

If Henoc and Hardaway want to have a big bidding war, I'm already tired and over it. Maybe we can get Bear cheap, or we go with what we have. I have zero interest in spending humongous dollars and sitting close to the cap trying to outbid someone else...

Edited by Noeller

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If Henoc and Hardaway want to have a big bidding war, I'm already tired and over it. Maybe we can get Bear cheap, or we go with what we have. I have zero interest in spending humongous dollars and sitting close to the cap trying to outbid someone else...

Sounds like he's at the high-end... I suspect if he was 'cheap', he'd still be an argo...

I love how its not even 24 hours since Muamba was released and we're all sick of Hardaway and his bidding war because Muamba hasn't landed in Winnipeg yet... ha

I'm going out on a fairly strong limb that we won't sign any of the available MLB's.

We could have been in on Bear Woods last year and passed. Muamba goes to the highest bidder and I doubt that's us. Walters has said over and over that they are happy with the LB's they have.

Based on what Walters said in his press conference it sounds like Fenner will play SAM and Leggett will play one of the halfback positions. He said that SAM was definitely Fenner's best position.  I wonder if they believe that Leggett will have a better chance to stay healthy if he's further away from the line of scrimmage?

Also..  Both Lefrance will be learning the hybrid runninback/receiver position and Demski will have an opportunity there as well.  After Westerman moved on they signed LeFrance because they may not have the luxary to play an american at runningback.  If this team needs to shed salary I wonder if Flanders is a possible trade target?  Maybe to Toronto??

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Based on what Walters said in his press conference it sounds like Fenner will play SAM and Leggett will play one of the halfback positions. He said that SAM was definitely Fenner's best position.  I wonder if they believe that Leggett will have a better chance to stay healthy if he's further away from the line of scrimmage?

Whoa, I didn't even believe myself... #mindblown

On 2018-02-04 at 1:11 PM, Floyd said:

My shocker prediction...  we move on from Leggett and sign Chandler Fenner...

I know we didn't 'move on' but I can't picture anyone at SAM other than Leggett

7 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Also..  Both Lefrance will be learning the hybrid runninback/receiver position and Demski will have an opportunity there as well.  After Westerman moved on they signed LeFrance because they may not have the luxary to play an american at runningback.  If this team needs to shed salary I wonder if Flanders is a possible trade target?  Maybe to Toronto??

LOVE THE MULTIPLE RB/SB IDEA....!!!

Serious question - why would you shed Flanders salary and not Dresslers?  WD is on the wrong side of 30 and pretty busted up...

9 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Serious question - why would you shed Flanders salary and not Dresslers?  WD is on the wrong side of 30 and pretty busted up...

If we can keep him healthy Dressler is still a 1000 yard type guy.  When you give some of the rough stuff he had to do to Demski and Bowman I think he's going to have a great year.  He'll have a huge role.

Edited by Colin Unger

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

If we can keep him healthy Dressler is still a 1000 yard type guy.  When you give some of the rough stuff he had to do to Demski and Bowman I think he's going to have a great year.  He'll have a huge role.

Big if for all of Dressler, Neufeld, Adams and Wild...

I'd love to see this opening day lineup though - move Dressler out to Field WR

Adams-Bowman-Harris-LaFrance/Flanders-Demski/Coates-Dressler/Wolitarsky

I think everyone is underestimating Lafrance's YAC - he will click with Lapo instantly

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Big if for all of Dressler, Neufeld, Adams and Wild...

I'd love to see this opening day lineup though - move Dressler out to Field WR

Adams-Bowman-Harris-LaFrance/Flanders-Demski/Coates-Dressler/Wolitarsky

I think everyone is underestimating Lafrance's YAC - he will click with Lapo instantly

I think that the main reason Dressler was getting hurt is we were relying on him as being that guy who catches a 7 yard catch and turns it into a first down .  Running sweeps with him ect.  With two talented bigger guys being added to our receiving core I think we can use Dressler in a different way which would help him to stay healthy.   With injuries there were times where Dressler seemed to be the only reliable receiver we had out there outside of Harris. Both of those guys were taking on a lot of physicality. We need to shelter both of them a bit more this season.

Interesting bit on Bomber linebacker Kyrie Wilson,

https://justblogbaby.com/2016/05/10/oakland-raiders-kyrie-wilson-looking-reach-high-ceiling/

In addition to his production, Wilson drew interest from the NFL because of his above-average size and athleticism; he posted 4.57 and a 4.62-second 40-yard dash and leaped nearly 41” in the vertical jump at 6’1”, 228 pounds during his Pro Day, according to NFL.com. If Wilson were able to put up those numbers at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine, he would have ranked No. 3 in the 40-yard dash and three-cone drill (6.99) and No. 1 in the vertical jump among all of the linebackers who participated. In addition to his success in the field drills, Wilson registered 23 reps at the bench press.

I suspect part of the rationale for bringing in Fenner was protecting against lingering injury issues with Leggett.  Maybe he won't be ready for the start of the season and it's not totally uncommon for someone coming back from an achilles injury to have other muscle pulls when they get back on the field at full speed.

I think Fenner starts at SAM week one and then we move forward from there.  Because it was obvious when Leggett went out last season that "We'll figure out who can play SAM if we need to" isn't a sufficient plan.

52 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Because Dressler is still a way better player?

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

I suspect part of the rationale for bringing in Fenner was protecting against lingering injury issues with Leggett.  Maybe he won't be ready for the start of the season and it's not totally uncommon for someone coming back from an achilles injury to have other muscle pulls when they get back on the field at full speed.

I think Fenner starts at SAM week one and then we move forward from there.  Because it was obvious when Leggett went out last season that "We'll figure out who can play SAM if we need to" isn't a sufficient plan.

Anything ahead of a calendar year is ahead of schedule for an Achilles.  That puts Leggett at October for a return.  If he’s back before that we are lucky and as you say it often takes another year on top of that for the player to be anywhere near 100%.

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Anything ahead of a calendar year is ahead of schedule for an Achilles.  That puts Leggett at October for a return.  If he’s back before that we are lucky and as you say it often takes another year on top of that for the player to be anywhere near 100%.

Didn't Sherritt make it back for the end of season after his pre-season injury...?