Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

17 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Jake Thomas still hasn’t signed anywhere yet has he? Kind of surprising considering he’s a competent Canadian.

OR a good indication that he isn't as good/valuable as a lot of poster here kept professing...I never thought he was and was here mainly because we didn't have anyone better

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

If they were after Bazzie, then this probably has nothing to do with Muamba...  strange one for sure

If they were after Bazzie, that was a surprise to Walters as well, he discussed it in his presser, they did not make Bazzie an offer.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Roh is a player.  Very similar to Jeffcoat IMO as a versatile guy who isn’t pure pass rush either.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they do DI a DL for many games this season.  I believe the Bombers will be signing/drafting another NI receiver (could be JFG if he wants to play for cheap) who will be on the roster and a fullback/tight end type.  That Lankford DI spot should be gone if everything works out with Demski and the rest of the NIs on offense.  DI’s will be Medlock, a DB (likely Fogg) and a DL or LB.

2 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Roh is a player.  Very similar to Jeffcoat IMO as a versatile guy who isn’t pure pass rush either.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they do DI a DL for many games this season.  I believe the Bombers will be signing/drafting another NI receiver (could be JFG if he wants to play for cheap) who will be on the roster and a fullback/tight end type.  That Lankford DI spot should be gone if everything works out with Demski and the rest of the NIs on offense.  DI’s will be Medlock, a DB (likely Fogg) and a DL or LB.

JFG signed with the RB's.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

JFG has already signed in Ottawa I believe.

Also there are 4 designated international spots...so it could be Medlock Fogg, a LB AND a DL.

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Instead of Okoalaugo why not trade Medlock and go with Menard-Briere?

It has lesser impact on our roster, I think.

... really?

You think bringing in a rookie to replace one of the best kickers in league history is less impactful than releasing a rush end to replace him with a cheaper, slightly less productive rush end?

5 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Instead of Okoalaugo why not trade Medlock and go with Menard-Briere?

It has lesser impact on our roster, I think.

You wanna trade the best kicker in league history and use a completely unproven rookie......... Lets see how that works out........... 

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

Fogg, Medlock, Roh and Flanders?

Ideally, I don't know if my roster has Fogg on it. But I'm torn on that personally. 

Regardless of whether or not you have Fogg dressing, we’re going to have an import DB as DI. 

I really think we need Muamba. We need Flanders dressing and a DB, DI, LB, and a kicker as our DI’s.

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

... really?

You think bringing in a rookie to replace one of the best kickers in league history is less impactful than releasing a rush end to replace him with a cheaper, slightly less productive rush end?

12 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

After years of consistent inconsistency at kicker I'd rather stick with Medlock. He's a kicker that wins you games (maybe not from 62 yards out). We'd miss him a lot more than Okpolaugo.

12 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You wanna trade the best kicker in league history and use a completely unproven rookie......... Lets see how that works out........... 

Well we are expecting our Offense to score with all the upgrades we brought, at least thats what I understand. 

Unless we are relying on Medlock’s feet again to win games.

Iirc, Hajrullaju had a good rookie season with us.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Just now, M.O.A.B. said:

Well we are expecting our Offense to score with all the upgrades we brought, at least thats what I understand. 

Unless we are relying on Medlock’s feet again to win games.

Why not score and control field position any and every way you can the best you can? I don't honestly believe you think dealing Medlock is a good idea or you're out to lunch.

Not to mention what a solid team player Medlock was when he restructured his contract a season back. Doesn't seem like an O'Shea move to me, rewarding a solid player like that.

2 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Why not score and control field position any and every way you can the best you can? I don't honestly believe you think dealing Medlock is a good idea or you're out to lunch.

Not to mention what a solid team player Medlock was when he restructured his contract a season back. Doesn't seem like an O'Shea move to me, rewarding a solid player like that.

Is Medlock a really very good punter? Many will argue with that.