Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

Another destination for the 'tour man' would be T.O......BUT didn't Popp cut him when he was in Mont.....Can't see that as being a cozy arrangement...B.C. signed his brother BUT they have Solo who they just re-upped for a couple of years...can't see that one.....Redblacks....maybe....We would have to be a pretty good destination IF Muamba and his agent can get over what ever it is they didn't /don't like about us...Seems to me money is this guys motivator and the more the merrier for these two....I think they're on their way of wearing out their welcome anywhere in the CFL...if they haven't already....Walters says he'll still kick the tires but maybe Henoc  and his agent have a fantasy figure in mind that nobody cares to entertain???

I am confident that the bombers still have the money but it was more public posturing for the negotiations that are about to take place. If we had money for the possibility of bringing Westerman back. We should still have a large portion of that avaialbe to sign Henoc if interested. Why show your hand by saying we have the SMS space for a contract like his because that takes any ability to negotiate out of your hands. 

11 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Another destination for the 'tour man' would be T.O......BUT didn't Popp cut him when he was in Mont.....Can't see that as being a cozy arrangement...B.C. signed his brother BUT they have Solo who they just re-upped for a couple of years...can't see that one.....Redblacks....maybe....We would have to be a pretty good destination IF Muamba and his agent can get over what ever it is they didn't /don't like about us...Seems to me money is this guys motivator and the more the merrier for these two....I think they're on their way of wearing out their welcome anywhere in the CFL...if they haven't already....Walters says he'll still kick the tires but maybe Henoc  and his agent have a fantasy figure in mind that nobody cares to entertain???

I think money might be getting less of a motivator now that he's 28 and hasn't won anything or been an all-star...  NFL dream is dead

2 years at $180-200k - I'd offer that no problem - I think you get a slight discount this year because he's already been paid $35k ha

At worst, you cut Dressler...  at best, you cut Fogg for the $$ 

We're certainly not cutting Dressler, and I'd be surprised if we cut Fogg or Wild. Only because we just signed them. That's bad business and I don't think the Blue Bombers organization operates in that way. I think we have the space for him if not maybe someone minor is a cap casualty. 

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

We're certainly not cutting Dressler, and I'd be surprised if we cut Fogg or Wild. Only because we just signed them. That's bad business and I don't think the Blue Bombers organization operates in that way. I think we have the space for him if not maybe someone minor is a cap casualty. 

Agreed. The problem is, if we do need to create salary cap space I can't think of many other potential causalities.  Going back to an import at guard and cutting Neufeld could be a solution, but the Bombers seem to really like Patty. I'm not sure who else could be on the chopping block.

20 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I'm not campaigning for it...  just saying that if $$ are needed, that's what you have to do.

If it was me, I'd cut Neufeld - but they won't do that.

Neufeld would never be cut...traded but not cut.

Also Foketti is more than ready and could start on any team in the CFL...Could have last year actually...how we have been able to keep him here this long is baffling..He must really like it and has to be a tip of the hat to the culture/locker room here

And truthfully...we don't really have to cut any of the salary until the season starts...so sign him...let all the pieces battle it out for spots in TC...then decide what and where you can slash and either trade...offer a pr spot at a cap friendly amount....and if all else fails then release

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

The problem with Henoc is that by the time his agent says they are ready to talk $, the other starting MLB's might be off the table. If you are Walters do you want to take that risk?

The simplest method, although not necessarily the best, is to take your top two or three prospects for MLB and make each your best offer to each with the understanding that the first one to accept gets the contract.

6 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

The problem with Henoc is that by the time his agent says they are ready to talk $, the other starting MLB's might be off the table. If you are Walters do you want to take that risk?

Considering it seems we were never likely to sign the other MLB's you are referring to, there is no risk.

I could see the Bombers signing one of those guys if they presented a value opportunity, but it sounds like Woods is pricing himself at the high end of the market, so he is out.  As for Reed and the rest, these guys are more likely to become value opportunities the longer they sit at home without a contract.  That's when the discussion shifts from "I'd like to cash in" to "I'd better make sure I have a job".

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

I think money might be getting less of a motivator now that he's 28 and hasn't won anything or been an all-star...  NFL dream is dead

2 years at $180-200k - I'd offer that no problem - I think you get a slight discount this year because he's already been paid $35k ha

At worst, you cut Dressler...  at best, you cut Fogg for the $$ 

Is it? Sometimes it takes a while for reality to sink in for some. Maybe his agent has convinced him to see if there are still any takers down south.

1 minute ago, Jacquie said:

Is it? Sometimes it takes a while for reality to sink in for some. Maybe his agent has convinced him to see if there are still any takers down south.

Oh that could happen...  I just mean the dream is dead - at age 29 after already getting a shot - its over no matter what anyone believes.