Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

6 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

So Bowman's rejection of a higher salary with the Riders confirms what many of us have suspected - there is a premium that needs to be paid by any pro Saskatchewan teams to convince players to sign there.  Guess it makes sense, lower standard of living and all that...

I think role may have played into this and having to be on the same team as Duron Carter may have been a deterrent as well :)

23 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm sure it has something to do with the QB situation. Who'd you rather have throwing you the ball, Zack 'I used to be good' Collaros or Matt 'I'm in the top 3rd of the league' Nichols? 

Surely you jest.......there is a thread on RF.... about how the Riders have the best group of Qb's in the league.

3 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

On the topic of Rider fans. Why is it They think Bowman is injury prone and declining and at 32 won' be the same he was 2 years ago. But think Collaros who has struggled with injuries and concussions and will be 30 this year will miraculously turn into the QB he was a few years ago? 

What I found funny was before when it was said that they were interested in signing him... the guy was a lethal weapon all mighty unstoppable.... the moment we signed him he is now over the hill and drops every pass and apparently Nichols has terrible accuracy and Bowman and Dressler will be bumbling around the field diving at wild throws and dropping them all.    

In fairness the first page or so of comments with the regular users over there were complementing the move and said it was a good signing.... the trolls however took over the thread and it's nonsense.  

19 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

On the topic of Rider fans. Why is it They think Bowman is injury prone and declining and at 32 won' be the same he was 2 years ago. But think Collaros who has struggled with injuries and concussions and will be 30 this year will miraculously turn into the QB he was a few years ago? 

In general bowman has been pretty healthy. Much more so then dressler/adams. 

Yeah the foolish junk flying about with respect to collaros has me baffled. cfl.ca on FB saying hes a top 3 qb?The same guy who lost his job twice to jeremy masoli?  Harris i can see the argument. Harris healthy on the riders would be a threat to break some records. 

Collaros is far down the list of guys id want. Id rather have jennings. Hes only 25, no doubt his best football should be in front of him. Get him with the right system and coaching staff and look out.  Harris, id honestly take glenn over collaros. And durant. And masoli. Time will tell i guess. 

19 hours ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

That's the problem there. 

Just now, Floyd said:

Nice to see Fogg back as our 6th DB and a return guy...  crazy to see Heath, Thomas and Westerman all heading to FA

I guess... They have decided to see what they are worth... So be it.. Just cuz they are testing FA dont mean they wont be back but i think part of it is... Do they want to be here?