Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

I GUESS for the amount we used Normand we could sign Lafrance as his replacement...he can take rotational reps in game and not affect the ratio and saves us using a DI designation for whatever Import running back we choose to dress be it Flanders or Bauman

If he fits into the SMS system as a national back-up/rotational piece he would be worth the look

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

If I could summarize this forum's thoughts on LaFrance: Basically, if he'll come cheap, we'll take him here.......if he comes cheap. 

I think thats the optimistic side as well. I think plenty of people would be happy to have flanders flanker role expanded, and more 2 back set with harris and flanders.  Demski i very much want. And i want JFG back too. 

As to your prior comment about taman not having any thing around him, let us not forget an era when we didnt have money to employ QB coaches even.  Taman did some crazy stuff. And made some poor decisions. But he also scouted and signed the likes of blink and wick. Our franchise has come miles and miles from what it used to be. It wouldnt be possible if not for what taman and bauer did. But idk if those two could shape it into what we have now. 

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

He didn't scout Blink...Blink was refferred to him and he actually didn't want to invite him to camp because he figured he couldn't cut it and it be a waste of TC spot...same with Gavin Walls

Fwiw, they were scouting Frito Ray........and Blink happened to be on that game film......and they kinda got distracted. Lol. COULDN'T WE HAVE HAD BOTH???!!!!

yeah thank god for that...and a lot of player referrals from former and current guys. Especially since Taman had no real football background whatsoever...never mind having an eye for talent and what to look for.

I still laugh of how he claimed Blinks hands wee too small to hold the ball effectively and Walls was just not strong enough to be a successful DE so why waste tc roster spots...sheesh

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fwiw, they were scouting Frito Ray........and Blink happened to be on that game film......and they kinda got distracted. Lol. COULDN'T WE HAVE HAD BOTH???!!!!

The story i remember from wicks dad among others was taman was sent to scout wick. At the Sac state pro day. He was then exposed to blink and called back to richie, not having much ability to actually offer contracts and grabbed both. Why they didnt grab ray we will never know. If you remember the release from when we signed blink it was pretty massive. Normally then, even now they are paragraph blurbs. This was like a page and a half on blink. 

11 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:
Believe Harris Demski and LaFrance all train together during the off season.

If LaFrance had signed anywhere other that Riders, this forum would be all over signing him...

The guy is a YAC machine - perfect for Lapo's offence

Huge upgrade over Normand and a potential camp challenge for Flanders...

20 minutes ago, Floyd said:

If LaFrance had signed anywhere other that Riders, this forum would be all over signing him...

The guy is a YAC machine - perfect for Lapo's offence

Huge upgrade over Normand and a potential camp challenge for Flanders...

I think this is the perfect spot for him, I don't know his age but can't imagine him being over the hill. Have a couple seasons backing up Harris and groom him to become the all purpose 2 down back Andrew is now.

egads. Dom.

I thought Kienan looked very good when he got a chance to play last season.

I thought he didn't run as upright as he had with Ottawa, and must have been hitting the weights hard, cause he had a lot of power..... broke tackles nicely.

at last that's what it seemed like. to me.......

Edited by Mark F

On 1/30/2018 at 6:22 PM, Floyd said:

This is clear evidence that Demski is coming here and has talked LaFrance and Muamba into breaking their contracts and following him... but all of this will only happen if we sign Cauchy Muamba.

Only need Muamba to somehow make Jones release him,  and Floyd's dream will be realized.  ;)