Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

23 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

He's always had the ability to get the rock to the house, 

Definitely untrue. When I think of Bowman, I think of a ton of drops. I think of him disappearing for long stretches of time. Thankfully they got him for a song (relatively speaking) so it's likely a worthwhile gamble... 

I was kinda scared wed end up with bowman. The guy was elite previous to last year despite a ton of drops. If he came fairly cheap, that makes it a lot better. He has no1 wr talent, and if he isnt depended on to be the no1 its even better. Physically he gives us a change of pace from what we have, which is great. If we can still poach demski, this is the best shape our wr core will have been in since the early 2ks.

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Definitely untrue. When I think of Bowman, I think of a ton of drops. I think of him disappearing for long stretches of time. Thankfully they got him for a song (relatively speaking) so it's likely a worthwhile gamble... 

In edm, even when he wasnt having a big game he was still productive. Not as hero today MIA tomorrow as denny has been for us. But the drops are real. Still dressler adams and bowman gives us a scary top end of our wr core when healthy. If we started those 3 + jfg and demski we are in a fantastic spot.

I hope its a TC battle between denny, bowman and new guys like givens for the roster spot. 

Thing with him he really thrives with lots of balls...and is a huge yac guy and will draw lots of attention...especially if we establish going to him often and early.

This is really going to help Harris...in production, and wear and tear as he will a lot of times only have to contend with 1 guy on him as opposed to usualy 2 and 3 converging on him immediately....same with Dress in the middle now, and just think the room and match-ups that Darvin will have to contend with.

Sure he 32...soon to be 33 but he showed last part of season he is still a force...and the fact that 4-5 teams were after him shows that most teams believe he still has lots of upside.

yeah...like their spin on that price drive thing..what a bunch of assbags.

They have no cap room to sign anything significant now, and still have huge holes to fill...and slashes to be made...and if they do make a big signing...even more slashing

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Price isn't unreasonable for a guy with his resume, telling the Riders that he won't go there even for more money is even better, but god it's still Bowman... Still a guy prone to drops and inconsistency. 

The Riders were just offering him that deal to drive up the price and didn’t really him! Didn’t you know?! 

The Rider fans are such a joke :lol:

4 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

They didn't really want him, Jonesy was just driving up the price for a rival. He's always two steps ahead...

I don't know about that....With the uncertainty regarding Carter, I think Jones was trying to fill the expected void for the short or long term....140,000 isn't exactly the moon ...  If that's the result regarding Riders driving the price , then they failed

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

The Riders were just offering him that deal to drive up the price and didn’t really him! Didn’t you know?! 

The Rider fans are such a joke :lol:

Don't they realize that driving up the price can only be claimed if he actually signs for more than they offered? He told em no not even for more money. That's a **** off. Cause honestly 140k for Bowman is less than I expected he would get from someone. Not my favourite player but the numbers are there and someone is always willing to pay for those numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I don't know about that....With the uncertainty regarding Carter, I think Jones was trying to fill the expected void for the short or long term....140,000 isn't exactly the moon ...  If that's the result regarding Riders driving the price , then they failed

Is your sarcasm dector broken mate?

20 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

I like the signing. He started to come on at the end of last season, presumably once he got healthy. Getting him for <$160k is a good deal imo. His drops will drive me crazy though...

Living in Eskiblow land, Bowman has become a great ambassador for our game if that means anything.  I met him a few times at football functions and seems to be a great guy which is a favorable thing to have for our locker room dynamics. I think he's become a better rounded player since leaving the Bombers not without some deficiencies as Booch and others have alluded too.

Maybe he isn't sold on his crew in Regina..Roosevalt is I bet one good smack away from more concussion issues...and is also 30 so not like he a young pup..Bakari Grant had an anomaly season...probably won't match that again....Carter...who knows whats going on there with that clown...I wouldn't put too much commitment in him being a  guy you want to entrust as being there and consistant all the time..Bagg...pffft...and then what else they have...same type of middling imports as everyone else

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah the Rider fans over rate their receiving corps a lot I think. Some good players to be sure but I don't know they're as deep as all that and heavily dependant on the health of Roosevelt and the head of Carter. Not gambles that I think are sure winners. 

I wonder if Carter will ever have the season his "superior talent" says he should. He's been in the CFL for four years and 1,043 is his season best for yards.