Eskis @ Bombers: Playoffs Are Here / Raise Expectations

USABomberfan

4 hours ago, TrueBlue said:

Practice starts on Wednesday. Time TBD.

Why bother? Reilly is the MOP already and the Esks are the hottest team in the league right now! They are the clear favourites to win the Cup, I heard it on TV so it has to be true, Bombers might as well spend the week cleaning out their lockers because there's no chance to stand up to the dominance of the Eskimos. 

15 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

I think the stadium noise that Reilly is going to face this Sunday is something he hasn't heard in a very long time, and will give him fits all day.   He's good, but that's an element that does not show in any statistic!!

Anyone on this site that lives in Manitoba better be in the stands Sunday afternoon!... Otherwise a full banishment from this site is the only acceptable solution...

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Why bother? Reilly is the MOP already and the Esks are the hottest team in the league right now! They are the clear favourites to win the Cup, I heard it on TV so it has to be true, Bombers might as well spend the week cleaning out their lockers because there's no chance to stand up to the dominance of the Eskimos. 

No ****- we should just not play and give them the win.  I mean that win streak is as unbeatable as week 9.

17 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Listening to Jock Climie is bad for your health

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

Anyone on this site that lives in Manitoba better be in the stands Sunday afternoon!... Otherwise a full banishment from this site is the only acceptable solution...

I showed this to my boss.  He had a second option if I felt that I really had to go.  Banishment will hurt, but at least I won't have to live under a bridge...:(

21 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Jock was extolling the virtues of Calgary having the best O-line  in the league last week at halftime of the Bombers-Stumpeders game. He doesn't even watch the games anymore. He's probably thinks Ray will outshine Calvillo in the Grey Cup, the Esks beating the Als.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Jock was extolling the virtues of Calgary having the best O-line  in the league last week at halftime of the Bombers-Stumpeders game. He doesn't even watch the games anymore. He's probably thinks Ray will outshine Calvillo in the Grey Cup, the Esks beating the Als.

I bet Hank Burris could be sitting right beside him and he'd still think he was out there playing.

21 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

With injured QB and a receiving core that is under 6' average the D is going to have to win this. Medlock the only one im not worried about.

of the 7 receivers on game day roster only 2 of them are under 6 feet...so that comment/assessment holds no real merit...and really it would have no effect on things any way

Special teams will have to dominate as they have for several games this season with some good kick/punt returns.  D will need 3 to 4 turnovers to give the Bomber offense some short fields to work with.  I still expect them to give up 450+ yards though.  With Nichols likely to be nowhere near 100% we have to hope he can somehow make it through the game without getting further hurt - a monumental task with his lack of mobility.