Andrew Harris 1000/1000 Watch

Saidin

He did well this last game (Edmonton)

Rushing: A. Harris (8 CARS, 54 YDS, 1 TD)

Receiving: A. Harris (9 REC, 81 YDS)

Did some quick math on what he needs to do the next 5 games.

Rushing  793 5 41.4
Passing  718 5 56.4

Think he'll do it?  This last game he got a TON of screens (I think we tried at least 5-6 screens in that game) and most of them had big gains.  

32 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

If Harris gets 1000/1000 then we better have the MOP and the Most Outstanding OL. 

I think the problem becomes choosing one OL out of that whole crew......but I agree that whoever the OL is that gets chosen by the local reporters, that person better win league MO OL if Andrew hits 1k/1k...

This is really going to come down to our next 5 opponents. I believe he can hit over 1K rushing pretty easy  the receiving will be much more of a task. We have:

Ham

BC x2

Tor

Cal

He should have some good stats at home against Hamilton (I'll predict 80yr rushing and 50yr passing)

Tor has a pretty solid D and might not allow a lot of rushing yards so say he only goes 50 rushing and 40 passing. 

BC might give up some big numbers as well. If he can average 60yrds rushing and 40 passing each game for a total of 120/80. 

Leaving Calgary who doesn't like to give up a lot of either! 

I think he finishes around 1,050 rushing and about 900 receiving. Which is still pretty incredible concidering they are using a 2 back system!

Sadly had he not dropped that ball from our backup QB the other day he would have even more receiving yards; he actually has a couple drops he wishes he could have back that would have stacked up his receiving yards

All he needs to do is break one for an 80 yard touch down scamper and then the target will become really easy :P

9 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

At this point I want to give to Hardrick, the guy has become the heart of the team 

I'm always tempted to lean towards Stan Bryant when the conversation of "who's the best O-lineman" shows up... he's the anchor of the line, he leads with his play... and how often is Nichols pressured from the blind side?

9 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm always tempted to lean towards Stan Bryant when the conversation of "who's the best O-lineman" shows up... he's the anchor of the line, he leads with his play... and how often is Nichols pressured from the blind side?

Agreed.  Bryant is incredibly consistent... he would get my vote.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

I love the fact that we need to have a discussion about who would be our most outstanding O lineman versus "would any of our O line start with any other team"!

Yet, its amazing that we have the third best O-line as judged by the number of sacks given up. I can't recall who the better ones are for sure, but I think it was Calgary and (WTF?) Edmonton.

yeah the sacks allowed is a deceiving stat...pressures allowed is more of an indicator.

Some of the sacks allowed are a result of Nicholls not trying to force a throw into double/triple coverage or just toss up something when he shouldn't be and risking giving up a pick.

It's a result of a smart QB not turning the ball over and taking that sack if he cant just throw it away...and I am o.k with that as we keep possession of the ball. Also we lead the league in rushing yards per game on top of the least pressures allowed, so that tells you where our line is at...top of the league

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Edmonton giving up few sacks makes sense given how elusive Reilly is. What are the pressures given up by Edmonton? Cause that to me would tell a better story. I don't think their OL is all that spectacular, they just got a qb that can get away. 

Is it just me or has Nichols looked more elusive as well the last 2 games or so? Seems like he never used to find his way out of pressure, but I noticed a few plays where he showed some escapability lately.  And I mean that separate from ability to run the football.