Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe

Rich

9 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Imo this likely means Lapo as HC in Montreal next season. Assuming, of course, that Reed gets to keep his job for another season.

I thought I read it here but maybe it was on twitter... someone said it's hard to imagine LaPo goes to Mtl if Joe Mack is still there...

That team will be a gong show for as long as kavis is in charge. He was one of the most unqualified candidates for a GM in recent history. 

People keep thinking Lapo is gone, but I think his HC ship has sailed. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see him extended as the highest paid OC in the league again. He wants to be here after all.

Also Thorpe=no brainer. And he plays an aggressive game which I'm sure o'shea would love. O'shea would never do that to one of his assistants though. Maybe in the off-season 

Edited by Judd

I'm curious if Richie Hall's health issues (as reported during this last off-season) will maybe make for an easier, less-hostile transition. I.E. He'll want more time, we'll need to replace him....everyone's happy....kinda thing.