Montreal Fires Chapdelaine and Thorpe

Rich

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

What a train wreck. Kavis Reed has been a disaster as a GM so far.

This is a winner right here.  If anyone should be fired, it's him and the complete front office staff due to the chicken**** garbage they gave the Montreal coaching crew to work with.  It's like I said, Jim Popp is sitting in his office in Toronto just laughing at how bad this has gotten over there.

I say that owner needs to sell this team because he's lost his marbles.

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd like to bring in Thorpe,  be it as an advisor or something for the remaining of the season then full on DC next year. As for the notion Lapo may head to montreal for the HC gig,  if that was true,  I wonder what title we could give Khari Jones to come over to Wpg (AHC?) and run our OC. 

I don't see Lapolice wanting to go there now.  Did you see Moe Khan's tweet?  He just pointed out how the average lifespan of MTL coaches since Trestman left has been 20 games or something like that.  That is really bad.  I thought we were bad about firing coaches when Bauer was here, this franchise has now become the most unhinged unstable place to work in CFL history.  If I'm a prospective HC, no way I'm going to accept any offers from Montreal.

Edited by USABomberfan

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

I don't see Lapolice wanting to go there now.  Did you see Moe Khan's tweet?  He just pointed out how the average lifespan of MTL coaches since Trestman left has been 22 games or something like that.  That is really bad.  I thought we were bad about firing coaches when Bauer was here, this franchise has now become the most unhinged unstable place to work in CFL history.  If I'm a prospective HC, no way I'm going to accept any offers from Montreal.

it really depends on circumstances IMO. Offer enough money and you can get a lot of people lining up even if there is a risk of it being short term.  OR maybe for someone like Lapo this is the opportunity needed to get another crack at being a HC.  Montreal is either going to get coordinators calling to get a shot or they will be getting retreads looking for redemption. Either that or they promote from within (AC maybe) 

LaPo isn't going anywhere right now , I believe he is quite committed to being closer to his young family, especially with his wife and her family being from Winnipeg and lets not forget Joke Mack in Mtl.  The dynamics are not there.

As for Thorpe, he is not going to sign with any team this season.  Fired, but still being paid by Mtl for the remainder of the season, so why would he jump to sign with a team mid-season when he could receive multiple offers in the off-season.

1 minute ago, Bob the Bomber said:

LaPo isn't going anywhere right now , I believe he is quite committed to being closer to his young family, especially with his wife and her family being from Winnipeg and lets not forget Joke Mack in Mtl.  The dynamics are not there.

As for Thorpe, he is not going to sign with any team this season.  Fired, but still being paid by Mtl for the remainder of the season, so why would he jump to sign with a team mid-season when he could receive multiple offers in the off-season.

This right here, and I'd also add one of the very reasons why Lapolice accepted the chance to return here is because we changed our approach by keeping O'Shea even if there was good enough reason to fire him for the 2015 season.  It was us showing we're committed to stability and building something.  Montreal has done the exact opposite over the last 4 now 5 seasons and now they're paying for it.

22 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I'd like to bring in Thorpe,  be it as an advisor or something for the remaining of the season then full on DC next year. As for the notion Lapo may head to montreal for the HC gig,  if that was true,  I wonder what title we could give Khari Jones to come over to Wpg (AHC?) and run our OC. 

I'm definitely on board with the idea of luring Thorpe in some sort of advisor/consultant for the balance of this season. Not sure if that would rock the boat, though.

I'm curious if HC is even on LaPolice's mind and if he wants to leave stability and success for that disaster in Montreal.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm curious if Richie Hall's health issues (as reported during this last off-season) will maybe make for an easier, less-hostile transition. I.E. He'll want more time, we'll need to replace him....everyone's happy....kinda thing. 

dare to dream my friend, dare to dream.

As of right now - very little interest in Thorpe and I would bet Claybrooks gets an offer to HC before Lapolice.

Lapolice is showing the whole CFL the same things he is showing us - same things that don't make him a good bet to be a good HC. He designed a great offense but still plenty of issues with game management and play calling.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think it is entirely possible that old man Wetenhall is senile and doesn't know what he's doing half the time these days. 

I believe his son Andrew is calling a lot of the shots these days, and I say that because remember 2014?  It was him who passed right over Popp's head to hire Tom Higgins as head coach, and I'm betting he was doing something with this current circus show that now has taken center stage there.  I'm guessing Bob has kinda taken more of a backseat approach even if he still holds the title as Chairman.

4 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Imo this likely means Lapo as HC in Montreal next season. Assuming, of course, that Reed gets to keep his job for another season.

edit, responded to / covered in prior comments.

Edited by Mark F
superfluos.