Game Day Thread - Revenge & Emotion

BigBlue

Apparently a certain Pederson source from Regina said the the Blue are going to start the game with great emotional intensity ..... he says  if the Riders can hold the Bombers in check for just the first quarter, they will have weathered that storm and will take over control of that game

How thoughtful, how deliberate , how determined do you think the Bombers will be in the BowL?  Joe Cool wants to know ....

That Rod Pedersen guy must be related  to Captain Obvious. Of course the Riders need to weather the storm if they want to win. But no, they will not "take control of the game."

Anyways, listening to those two clowns on 620 radio Regina talk about the Riders is hilarious. I'm sure their mental state borders on delusional. 

Edited by blueingreenland

I would suspect that that best chance for the riders is likely holding a ramped up Bomber team to start.  Bomber's also have to avoid what have been big contributors to the last 3 rider wins, which has been explosive starts combined with turnovers and bounces going their way.  Being too jacked up can be a bad thing to, but I will take my chances and side with that extra energy most times lol

I expect the Riders to try to slow the game down as much as possible and go to ball-possession plays to take the crowd out of the game. They will expect the Bombers to come out storming but the Bomber counter to that will be a similar ball-control game plan, which means Thorpe will be sorely missed. Bombers absolutely cannot give up the big easy scores or turn the ball over. One of these teams is going to be exposed today.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Back on the CFL beat today, I'll be with @MattDuniganTSN for Sask/Wpg, the "Banjo Bowl" at 3pm et.

The original Matty Ice.....as in, ice cubes tumbling out of his glass of Jim Beam when he gets a little too excited calling the colour.

Love this guy in the booth.

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

I tend to get too jacked up for these games so I am keeping a wait-and-see attitude. That way if it's 0-30 at the end of the first quarter I may not suffer that coronary that this team has been trying to give me. If I have no expectations I can't be disappointed. Low key, for me, from now on. go bombers.

whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game IMHO. I hear lots of folks saying we need to put significant pressure on Glenn however to date we have not had much success with putting pressure on the QB. Maybe we don't have the horses to do so.  Given that the Riders probably (IMHO) will not run the ball all that much maybe we replace Hurl with another DB  in order to cover the Rider receivers and maybe put a few blitz packages together etc.

I don't think the Riders will be able to put all that much pressure on our QB so hopefully he will have a better game than last week.

If Blue come out strong on O, moving the ball with a string of first downs early, I think we'll be fine. I expect a much better showing on D. Does Glenn have another 3 TD/0 INT game against us? Wouldn't bet on it. Closed practices this week hint at some Osh and Lapo trickery. 

One thing I would bet on is IGF crushing 104 decibels. 

Stay classy & have fun everyone. Most importantly, GO BLUE! #FortHew 

16 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Apparently a certain Pederson source from Regina said the the Blue are going to start the game with great emotional intensity ..... he says  if the Riders can hold the Bombers in check for just the first quarter, they will have weathered that storm and will take over control of that game

How thoughtful, how deliberate , how determined do you think the Bombers will be in the BowL?  Joe Cool wants to know ....

They need to be worried about Sask running up a big score in the 1st Quarter again, not whether they are going to come out on an emotional high. That was not a fluke that it got out of control so early last game, and for this game to be close in any way, it will take everything Bombers have to prevent that from happening again. Have to avoid giving up any big explosion plays within the first 15 minutes, and Nichols has to be ready to throw the ball away and take some sacks rather than let Sask get a few INTs in the first 15.

KG will put up big numbers, but you have to keep them from getting easy ones. If they do that, maybe LaPo and Nichols can utilize that "Nickle and Dime" offence to squeak out a close win.

21 minutes ago, TheSource said:

They need to be worried about Sask running up a big score in the 1st Quarter again, not whether they are going to come out on an emotional high. That was not a fluke that it got out of control so early last game, and for this game to be close in any way, it will take everything Bombers have to prevent that from happening again. Have to avoid giving up any big explosion plays within the first 15 minutes, and Nichols has to be ready to throw the ball away and take some sacks rather than let Sask get a few INTs in the first 15.

KG will put up big numbers, but you have to keep them from getting easy ones. If they do that, maybe LaPo and Nichols can utilize that "Nickle and Dime" offence to squeak out a close win.

Honest question: are you a bomber fan?

Only a beat down will do in my books. An old fashioned take em behind the woodshed and beat the living green crap out of them. That's it...a small victory would be hollow in my books.This is not the time to be civil with the inbreds the only thing they respect is pain. Welcome green slime to the Blue house of pain!?