Game Day Thread - Revenge & Emotion

BigBlue

I feel like people don't fully understand and appreciate what happened on Leggett's punt return TD.  That OShea called that trick return.

Leggett was lined up 5 yards off the line of scrimmage across from the gunner when the ball was snapped.  Fogg sprinted to the far sideline and took 8 Riders with him.  In the meantime Leggett was tracking the ball over his shoulder while sprinting back to our end.  On that 97 yard return of his he ran 45 yards before he even started the return.

So much luck involved as well.  First, the ball went to the opposite sideline of Fogg rather than just the hashmarks, which completely eliminated 8 possible tacklers.  Second, the ball almost bounced out of bounds before Leggett was able to pick it up, but didn't.

Everything about that play had me geeking out.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

I feel like people don't fully understand and appreciate what happened on Leggett's punt return TD.  That OShea called that trick return.

Leggett was lined up 5 yards off the line of scrimmage across from the gunner when the ball was snapped.  Fogg sprinted to the far sideline and took 8 Riders with him.  In the meantime Leggett was tracking the ball over his shoulder while sprinting back to our end.  On that 97 yard return of his he ran 45 yards before he even started the return.

So much luck involved as well.  First, the ball went to the opposite sideline of Fogg rather than just the hashmarks, which completely eliminated 8 possible tacklers.  Second, the ball almost bounced out of bounds before Leggett was able to pick it up, but didn't.

Everything about that play had me geeking out.

Ya it was crazy.  TSN had no idea what was happening.  Even after a couple replays.  Crazy how well that play works given that the cover guys basically know where the ball is supposed to be kicked.  They just run blindly at the returner.  We better be prepared for someone to try that on us.

Just now, Floyd said:

If everyone kept their head to sell that after an accidental shank, that's unreal

Wasn't a shank.  The Bombers return team just sold it that the punt went across the field and were setting up the return that way while Leggett ran back and grabbed the ball on the opposite sideline and ran past the two Riders that actually tracked the ball.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Was that supposed to be a sask trick play or just a shank?

The kick wasn't exactly a shank.  It didn't have much arc but at least medium distance.  It looked like he got more toe than he was trying.  It was the play immediately after he took a delay penalty - only 11 on the field - so he might have been a bit unsettled.

If you change what Fogg does - goes to his right and fields the punt like normal, he's probably pinned on the sidelines and Bartel is getting praised for his accuracy.

3 minutes ago, mbrg said:

The kick wasn't exactly a shank.  It didn't have much arc but at least medium distance.  It looked like he got more toe than he was trying.  It was the play immediately after he took a delay penalty - only 11 on the field - so he might have been a bit unsettled.

If you change what Fogg does - goes to his right and fields the punt like normal, he's probably pinned on the sidelines and Bartel is getting praised for his accuracy.

Should be the highlight of the night but almost nobody actually understands it.

9 minutes ago, mbrg said:

It would be hilarious if Bartel was miked up on that play, he must have been losing his mind.  "Mates, yer going the wrong way, Mates! Mates!!!!"

15 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Interesting!

Bombers lose last week and Bender was extremely active on twitter lambasting the Bombers over their loss to the Riders.  This week we win and win big and he sends out one half hearted tweet. 

Guys a ****.  :)

I had to stop following that guy. He spews too much venom. He's got a serious problem with the Bombers and I cannot fathom the why. He s acting like a spurned teenager with a crush. Or an athlete

(ok , I know I can't picture that either) who was cut from the team without reason.

And that's his writing...without reason.

Edited by Mr Dee