Bringing the Riders back to earth and their fans back to reality ...

IC Khari

On 26/08/2017 at 0:26 AM, IC Khari said:

Starts next game  ... this Bomber team needs to break that ridiculous streak this year, stat!!!

Got to be hard up when 2 games become a streak! In Saskatchewan one game is a streak, two... a Grey Cup finalist.

I didn't see that much pressure on Jennings... I saw a guy who was beyond rusty.    The guy had steamboats and still tossed a pass right at the DB.

With Reilly he was throwing on the run... several feet above the receivers heads.  Williams made some absolutely amazing catches but Reilly was way off.  These weren't passes with guys right in his mug where he just tossed it up as a prayer.   He had to leave the pocket at times and throw on the run which he used to do with great ease... yet against the Riders his throws were far off.  

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I didn't see that much pressure on Jennings... I saw a guy who was beyond rusty.    The guy had steamboats and still tossed a pass right at the DB.

With Reilly he was throwing on the run... several feet above the receivers heads.  Williams made some absolutely amazing catches but Reilly was way off.  These weren't passes with guys right in his mug where he just tossed it up as a prayer.   He had to leave the pocket at times and throw on the run which he used to do with great ease... yet against the Riders his throws were far off.  

The thing is Reilly wasn't great against Winnipeg either, one of the TDs bounced off Lofflers head for gods sake and another big play he made had 2 dbs near the receiver just failed to make the play on it. Then there was another int taken away on a BS PI call, I think Heath flat out dropped an int from him and Randle had one thrown right at him too which was picked, so really the difference between the two games was the Bomber dbs didn't have the hands while the Rider dbs did. 

Edmonton got their asses kicked by Winnipeg no matter what the final score said. 

23 hours ago, Ripper said:

Lots of mature responses here, some not so much.  Pretty easy to see who talks football and who just likes to complain.  No wonder you don't see many fans of other teams posting here, I post about the riders in a rider thread and I'm a troll?  

Take a look in the mirror. Did Migs hack your account? Seriously, drop the fanboy douchecanoe routine. It's an ugly look, even for a stubble-jumper.

The two wins by your Riders were impressive as hell, no doubt about it. But don't think for a second they'll just roll over a team on a five-game win streak. Regardless of how you win, a win's a win. But hopefully, your team is as dumb and arrogant as you and your fellow greenies are. That'll play into the hands of the opponent.

Unfortunately, with the way the Riders are playing, combined with the Labour Day factor, I think the Bombers getting wrecked on Sunday is a near certainty. I would put my money on a Rider blowout Sunday, and a Bomber squeaker in the Banjo Bowl. The Riders defence is good enough to keep it close in the latter, and the Bombers defence bad enough to get destroyed in the former.

4 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Take a look in the mirror. Did Migs hack your account? Seriously, drop the fanboy douchecanoe routine. It's an ugly look, even for a stubble-jumper.

The two wins by your Riders were impressive as hell, no doubt about it. But don't think for a second they'll just roll over a team on a five-game win streak. Regardless of how you win, a win's a win. But hopefully, your team is as dumb and arrogant as you and your fellow greenies are. That'll play into the hands of the opponent.

We all share the same contempt for the Riders and want to see them screwed into the ground every game, but lets show some class by avoiding the personal invectives .  That takes us down to places we should not be,

8 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Unfortunately, with the way the Riders are playing, combined with the Labour Day factor, I think the Bombers getting wrecked on Sunday is a near certainty. I would put my money on a Rider blowout Sunday, and a Bomber squeaker in the Banjo Bowl. The Riders defence is good enough to keep it close in the latter, and the Bombers defence bad enough to get destroyed in the former.

Not convinced that is correct.  If we can get a few long ones early they won't be able to go with eight guys within 15 years of the line of scrimmage.  I think Montreal played us as tough as Riders might. Harris over the MLB would change some plans and Nichols showed he could do that. Until proven otherwise, my money is with the 5 game streak. 

10 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

1 hour ago, LeBird said:

Not convinced that is correct.  If we can get a few long ones early they won't be able to go with eight guys within 15 years of the line of scrimmage.  I think Montreal played us as tough as Riders might. Harris over the MLB would change some plans and Nichols showed he could do that. Until proven otherwise, my money is with the 5 game streak. 

And in a nutshell I think these two possible viewpoints are what is going to make the game this Sunday so interesting to watch. Traditional thinking is that a dominant defense will always win in these situations, but the CFL has featured more offensive production over the past several years, so we'll see...

Not looking forward to seeing more of Hurl out there though... I re-watched the Montreal game and he played a factor (in a bad way) on at least 3 Montreal scoring drives. When Carmichael is not on the field he is the single biggest liability that the team is currently carrying. 

11 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Living up to the name like we all expect. 

It never ceases to amaze me when people who call themselves fans of the Bombers will predict a loss.  Sure, a loss is possible every game, but personally, I go in expecting the Blue to win.  Especially against the Riders.  So to all of you saying "we're going to lose on Labour Day", shame, shame on all of you!

Edited by WBBFanWest

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎26 at 10:35 AM, Ripper said:

We are riding high, I don't see that changing next week.  I don't guarantee anything. Its called a opinion. Am I allowed to have one?  

When you say "The Riders are going to win next week. Book it.", not only are you making a silly statement you are making a definitive one. If you want people to respect your right to have an opinion don't offer it up as fact.

Ever cute. The little bitty Rider fan wants to puff out his chest when his team hits mediocre for the first time in 3 years. It's too bad Kevin Glenn is their QB and will be tossing up soul crushing interceptions to us. He is overdue as it is.

It's like a kindergarten kid challenging the grade 4 boys to a fight  because he managed to beat up the grade 4 special needs kid.  Sad really.

Edited by gcn11

Riders are a big play team right now, they worry me because they have beat some pretty good teams (given that those teams have also endured significant injury).  The Bomber have not blown anyone out this season, other than maybe Hamilton (depends what you view a blow out), but the Bomber have shown their ability to rise to the occasion and fight back from some tough wins.

LDC will come down to one thing and that is character.  Which ever team can control emotion and play football will win.  In my opinion, the scale tips in favor of the Bombers.  4 (or however many, lost count) come from behind or last play wins shows what a team is made of.  Big spread wins with cocky showboating attitudes usually proves to be disastrous when you are in a close game.  The Rides have not had a character win (shown what the team is made of) this season, but they have lost a couple of games in the dying seconds cause they couldn't keep their emotions in check and choked.

Mikey O will have the Bomber ready to play (mentally and physically).  Jones will have he Riders ready to play as well, but with his typical arrogance.  Jones lacks character and that reflects in the team he coaches.  

Bomber win a close one simply because they play as a team focused on a win, not as an individual trying to gain the spotlight.

50 minutes ago, tracker said:

Boy, is there going to be a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on a Rider or Bomber forum next Monday.  I just hope for a good game with lots of excitement that is not determined by the referees. And for the Bombers to sweep the series, of course.

Meh- if the Riders do pull off a win because they played better- I am gonna be good with that. I am happy that I now have faith in the Bombers will always play well. So if the riders do win- it's cuz they will have been the better team because of their own merits, not because we shat the bed. 

However... if the ******* Zebras let those same type of Helmet hits on Reilly go unflagged, continue into this game - I am going to be incensed. I think Reilly played poorly because of the several un-flagged shots to the head.

This is really a hard game to predict an outcome. Naturally Rider fans are going to say the Riders will win and Bomber fans are going to say The Bombers are going to win.. (for the most part anyways). Truthfully, I have no idea how this game will turn out, Bombers are hot, no doubt about it, and the team is playing with confidence. The Riders on the other hand, are what I believe to be a much improved team than what they were at the beginning of the season, and while not on a streak like the Bombers are, do have a couple of confidence building wins and hopefully take that onto the field Sunday. (just not over confident lol) 

I think each team has certain advantages over the other.. you guys have a better qb in my opinion, and at this point of the season, I think our defense is playing a little better than yours. That being said, the guys in your secondary are pretty quick to the ball when it's thrown. Is home field an advantage for us? I would say probably, even though you guys took the first game from us at Mosiac. I'm pretty sure it will be loud and the noise will cause a few mistakes for Nichols. Might just come down to who want's it most lol. Regardless of the outcome, looks like it's going to be a good couple of weekends of spewing mud back and forth. 

I've been saying this for the past few weeks. The bombers are not playing their best football yet. And that's exactly what you want for the first half of the year. Now is the time to see if I was right or wrong. I obviously believe I was right,and think that they start turning in dominating performances on all 3 teams. Which includes 7 points instead of 3 from the O and more 2 and outs from the D. No long punt/kickoff returns for opponents etc etc you get the idea.

The same can be said for SSK. Have they peaked? Or are they just getting their feet under them? We won't know for another few weeks. But if I'm a betting man, I'd bet they have shown all they can. Which isn't bad for a team in the 2nd year of a rebuild. I have zero faith in Glenn. And I'm not convinced the O line is as improved as others have said. And Duron will Duron eventually, either taking points off the board or yards etc etc.

Too many times I've seen the hot team in the 1st half of the year be quieted come November. I honestly feel this Bomber team is different and still earning their stripes. Not sure SSK is in the same mind set.

32 minutes ago, szaroz71 said:

This is really a hard game to predict an outcome. Naturally Rider fans are going to say the Riders will win and Bomber fans are going to say The Bombers are going to win.. (for the most part anyways). Truthfully, I have no idea how this game will turn out, Bombers are hot, no doubt about it, and the team is playing with confidence. The Riders on the other hand, are what I believe to be a much improved team than what they were at the beginning of the season, and while not on a streak like the Bombers are, do have a couple of confidence building wins and hopefully take that onto the field Sunday. (just not over confident lol) 

I think each team has certain advantages over the other.. you guys have a better qb in my opinion, and at this point of the season, I think our defense is playing a little better than yours. That being said, the guys in your secondary are pretty quick to the ball when it's thrown. Is home field an advantage for us? I would say probably, even though you guys took the first game from us at Mosiac. I'm pretty sure it will be loud and the noise will cause a few mistakes for Nichols. Might just come down to who want's it most lol. Regardless of the outcome, looks like it's going to be a good couple of weekends of spewing mud back and forth. 

Welcome to MBB Scaroz71. Hope you enjoy yourself here. 

My apologies. I fell asleep reading your post.

3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

It never ceases to amaze me when people who call themselves fans of the Bombers will predict a loss.  Sure, a loss is possible every game, but personally, I go in expecting the Blue to win.  Especially against the Riders.  So to all of you saying "we're going to lose on Labour Day", shame, shame on all of you!

Well, in my years watching the Bombers in the LDC they have mostly lost the game. They have lost despite having some very good teams going play very bad Rider teams. As such, I can see why some Bomber fans will favour the riders going into the LDC. I most certainly will not judge their devotion to the team based on such calls. I think it is very unfortunate that you would attack other fans for having an opinion different from your own. It doesn't make for a very welcoming community.