Injury Report

BigBlue

21 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

It's up to LaPo to take full advantage of the two RB's skill sets as he did in Edm.  3-4 touches a game is not enough to get a RB going, he has to double that to be effective,  rewards are reaped later in the game from a tired out D.

Tough to keep it up if the RB is averaging less than 5 yards and putting us in 2nd and long.

this is a good look into the logic behind this week's (potential) roster:

1. A healthy Weston Dressler is back, 100%, and will play in the Sunday's Labour Day Classic. He missed 4 games — lower-body injury. #Bombers

When Dressler was down, running back Timothy Flanders came in. Now? Looks like Flanders sticks, and receiver T.J. Thorpe comes out. #Bombers

13m

Why? Thorpe has been v.good, but the overall versatility Flanders brings to the entire LaPolice system on O is too much to give up. #Bombers

12m

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

@Ted_Wyman  
 T.J. Thorpe and Ryan Lankford are not working with No. 1 offence for #Bombers today. Coates is in there for Feoli-Gudino. Flanders still in

@Ted_Wyman  
 Flanders has been lining up at slotback today. Could be way to keep him on roster for #Bombers, with Dressler back. Thorpe odd-man out?

Harris at receiver and Flanders at RB would be the better idea if they wanted to go that route IMO.

59 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is a good look into the logic behind this week's (potential) roster:

1. A healthy Weston Dressler is back, 100%, and will play in the Sunday's Labour Day Classic. He missed 4 games — lower-body injury. #Bombers

When Dressler was down, running back Timothy Flanders came in. Now? Looks like Flanders sticks, and receiver T.J. Thorpe comes out. #Bombers

13m

Why? Thorpe has been v.good, but the overall versatility Flanders brings to the entire LaPolice system on O is too much to give up. #Bombers

12m

This isn't logical. The logical thing would be to take out the team's worst receiver in Lankford who can be replaced more than adequately in the return game. 

4 hours ago, AKAChip said:

This isn't logical. The logical thing would be to take out the team's worst receiver in Lankford who can be replaced more than adequately in the return game. 

Aside from his role in ST, Lankford has 2 TDs to show. Thorpe has none.

I think this is a question of Production on the field. Thorpe may turn out to be a great receiver someday but this week he's the odd man out.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, AKAChip said:

You don't take the team's returner - one of the best in the league at present - out of the lineup. I don't think you know what the word logical means.

15 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You don't take the team's returner - one of the best in the league at present - out of the lineup. I don't think you know what the word logical means.

Actually he does because Thorpe is already a better receiver than Lankford...that was his point. As a returner we have Fogg and Flanders. 

18 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I realize his numbers are pretty good but Lankford only returns kicks and is more or less invisible as a receiver save for one long touchdown. Let's not make Lankford out to be more than what he is. 

43 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Actually he does because Thorpe is already a better receiver than Lankford...that was his point. As a returner we have Fogg and Flanders. 

Fogg returns punts and Flanders has been used sparingly on returns so far.

Nobody is disputing Thorpe being the better receiver. Lankford's versatility is better, though.

42 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I realize his numbers are pretty good but Lankford only returns kicks and is more or less invisible as a receiver save for one long touchdown. Let's not make Lankford out to be more than what he is. 

And that's why he remains in the lineup over Thorpe: the return game. Field position will be important this upcoming weekend.

Besides, Dressler is back and will no doubt see a ton of action. I'll trust the judgement of the coaching staff over a disgruntled fan any day.

Edited by blue_gold_84

6 hours ago, AKAChip said:

Yes because O'Shea has never made the wrong call when it comes to roster management before...

Isnt he leading the league in average returns tho? I mean the guy doesn't suck as much as you like to think. Special teams is pretty darn important. 

Edited by Goalie

I think Lankford should have come out of the lineup. Thorpe can also return kicks, he set school records in college returning kicks. Plus, hes a better receiver than Lankford is. You can really make a case for any of these players in terms of arguing they should stay in the lineup - a good problem to have I suppose.

Should Lankford play as expected ie: league leading return stats and with the possibility of a big play, as he had several times this year, there is less for the staff to work on in terms of prep allowing them to refine a few things during the closed practice. Dressler for Thorpe is the question. So Dressler has great games against the Riders, holds perfectly for Medlock, and is now being referred to as coach by the other players. I'm not disappointed in the teams decision on who's playing. It's their job to make those tough decisions. 

Edited by Rod Black

43 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Should Lankford play as expected ie: league leading return stats and with the possibility of a big play, as he had several times this year, there is less for the staff to work on in terms of prep allowing them to refine a few things during the closed practice. Dressler for Thorpe is the question. So Dressler has great games against the Riders, holds perfectly for Medlock, and is now being referred to as coach by the other players. I'm not disappointed in the teams decision on who's playing. It's their job to make those tough decisions. 

I may not be interpreting  you correctly but to me inserting Dressler back into the lineup is not a tough decision. Yes, who comes out is, but there is no way you don't dress Dressler. Arguably the best player on our team when healthy.