Injury Report

BigBlue

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Thorpe fumbled twice last week...  I'm willing to let the guy have a few more games.   You can't bench every rookie if they have a bad game once in a blue moon. 

I wouldn't be benching him solely on that. There's only so much room on the roster. I don't think it would kill his confidence or anything 

8 hours ago, BBlink said:

I'd consider sitting Thorpe. I think that was his second fumble last week and Denmark has been doing a lot for us of late. But it may come down to scheme.

I'm not down on Thorpe but he is a rookie! 

Lankford makes way more sense IMO.  Not worried about kickoffs and he has zero chemistry with Nichols.  He's catching less than half his targets and that's by far the lowest of all Bomber receivers.

Correct...but technically Flander's took Dresslers spot on the roster.

I would for the LDC sit either Lankford and let Thorpe do his return role and see what we have there, or sit Santos-Knox for a game and see how that affects special teams. I think the addition of Dressler and his production far offsets Knox on the teams, tho he is good, but we have a lot of Canadian ST players who could fill in just fine.

Also, Poop needs to be in as well...so either or of jeffcoat/Opo

The other crazy idea maybe is to have Thorpe take on Flanders role and sit Flanders...Thorpe has running back experience and would garner same type of attention that Flanders would...possibly more because he is more of a threat catching coming from back field 

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

The other crazy idea maybe is to have Thorpe take on Flanders role and sit Flanders...Thorpe has running back experience and would garner same type of attention that Flanders would...possibly more because he is more of a threat catching coming from back field 

If this was the plan, wouldn't it just make more sense to sit Thorpe and let Flanders continue the role he has been doing?

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Denmark or Flanders

My guess... Flanders because his 4 carries a game isnt worth keeping on. However he does play teams which Denmark does not. 

I think he has more value than just that stat line.  It's a headache for opposing defenses to account for both Harris and Flanders, when they're on the field at the same time.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything said in here, but it's worth noting that Lankford is the #1 KR in the league, statistically speaking.........not sure how much stock the coaches put in that, but #JustSayin

and yet we have people complaining about him and his production lol.

38 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I think he has more value than just that stat line.  It's a headache for opposing defenses to account for both Harris and Flanders, when they're on the field at the same time.

this.  having both RBs on the field at the same time is causing some massive match up headaches for DCs it seems.  I'd hate to move away from this as its working so well AND i'd like to see us perfect it before the cold arrives..

@Ted_Wyman  
 T.J. Thorpe and Ryan Lankford are not working with No. 1 offence for #Bombers today. Coates is in there for Feoli-Gudino. Flanders still in

@Ted_Wyman  
 Flanders has been lining up at slotback today. Could be way to keep him on roster for #Bombers, with Dressler back. Thorpe odd-man out?

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything said in here, but it's worth noting that Lankford is the #1 KR in the league, statistically speaking.........not sure how much stock the coaches put in that, but #JustSayin

Lankford also prevented a TD by chasing down the Als returner, which is a play O'Shea tends to take note of. 

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Denmark or Flanders

My guess... Flanders because his 4 carries a game isnt worth keeping on. However he does play teams which Denmark does not. 

It's up to LaPo to take full advantage of the two RB's skill sets as he did in Edm.  3-4 touches a game is not enough to get a RB going, he has to double that to be effective,  rewards are reaped later in the game from a tired out D.