Bombers vs Riders GDT

Nolby

1 minute ago, Rod Black said:

Medlock won us many a games last year....and things don't seem to have changed this year. Great money spent on an non national.

could you imagine if he nails that 61 yarder last year? the guy woulda become an urban legend with the kick being longer and longer each time it was told to future generation about one of the greatest kickers the bombers ever had lol

52 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Lapo and his questionable play calling was at it again. It seemed like it was either a long, slow developing pass play or nothing. No rhythm at all. Then you watch Glenn and its 8-12 yard quick hitters eating up yards, getting in a rhythm, and churning out 1st downs. Then late in the game when you need to milk the clock you call a slow developing pass play and take a 9 yard sack?? Brutal. So friggin' lucky we won that game. Could have just as easily lost.

Buuuut they didn't.

1 minute ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

could you imagine if he nails that 61 yarder last year? the guy woulda become an urban legend with the kick being longer and longer each time it was told to future generation about one of the greatest kickers the bombers ever had lol

Yeah. That 73 yard kick would have been awesome.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Didn't watch. Listened. Seemed like bombers were tenuous early. Not having played week one. 

Seems to my uneducated ear they there is room for quick improvement. Now they have real game time. They can make adjustments 

we won. I'll take it 

My dad, as the usual negative nelly he was, was ready to call it quits when the bombers were down 10-0 and watch the Yankees/Astros game. I figured we would have trouble with the crowd and the team feeding off it early, and the game plan was literally just to play conservative ball and keep it close, which for the most part I suppose the did.  But I do think there was some rust showing.  Harris appeared to not have his legs under him for most of the first half,  either slipping on the field, leaving his feet before contact with a defender..etc  He was a lot more clutch later in the game but by that point we were pretty far ahead 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Hard to get a read after that game. Nice to see Hurl playing with confidence but I don't know that he was properly tested with the Glenn rolls all night, no run attempts and a weak Sask team. And I want to say that I liked the pieces on D but on the other hand we gave up 40 lol. Anyway great to start the season with a W! Need to shore things up before next week.

6 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Oh mercy, the guard towers are finally crumbling over on Riderfans and there's going to be casualties.

Yup, a lot of "trust the plan" folks are doing the walk of shame this morning.  So desperate to win again they skipped the courtship with Jones got drunk and  jumped in the hot tub with him. Now they're starting to remember what happened next.

You could empathize with fan desperation but  the sudden realization that Glenn isnt a winner is just willful ignorance

12 minutes ago, Zontar said:

... So desperate to win again they skipped the courtship with Jones got drunk and  jumped in the hot tub with him. Now they're starting to remember what happened next... 

The imagery here is super funny... Well done.