Labour Day Classic Pre-Game Thread: Depth Chart, etc

Noeller

3 minutes ago, tracker said:

From ThreeDownNation: they predict- Bombers 36. Riders 15. Spread = 21. Total Points = 51

The Bomber point score seems about right, but I doubt the Riders can muster 15 points.

Well, that fits right in with some digging I did and found out that the watermelon kings have cancelled their plans to chainsaw watermelons after the Riders score TDs. 

First of all, all the watermelons would spoil from not being used, and second of all, the guy who knows how to start the chainsaw will be out of town this weekend.

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Namaan Roosevelt targets: Was #2 among all CFL receivers last week with 175 yards on 11 catches from 14 total targets.

Maybe Loffler will be in contact with him.

Makana Henry, who hasn't played a football game since 2009, will be the #Riders' starting nose tackle tomorrow. You can't make this up. #CFL

He's well rested, and has been keeping in game shape.

Edited by Mark F

39 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well, that fits right in with some digging I did and found out that the watermelon kings have cancelled their plans to chainsaw watermelons after the Riders score TDs. 

First of all, all the watermelons would spoil from not being used, and second of all, the guy who knows how to start the chainsaw will be out of town this weekend.

Not to mention that Rider fans are phobic about anything relating to water.

4 hours ago, Bingo_Arms said:

The city opened up the new Mosaic today for an open house walk through. Just thought I'd mention it as I know there's lots of Bomber fans in Regina this weekend that may want to take a look at it. 

bury a Bomber flag at the 55 yard line.

Riders only win was against a third string  quarterback. We have several players that feel a personal connection to the Riders and would like nothing more than to show up Jones. We're on a roll, dominating on defense and special teams. 

We'll win by 20. 

(And predicting that we'll win has no impact on the outcome of the game)

I  feel like the past is the past and presently the bombers are just a way better team than sask. I don't really think that past labour day games mean anything. I get anything can happen on labour day... bit I think it's more about football in general than it Is about labour day. On any given Sunday etc.... but I think that because we are a better team in all 3 phases and especially considering our D and special teams are monsters that this game might not be that close... what I'd like to see is us woop their ass big time and not go all conservative on them once we are winning and legit score as many points as possible. I guess... if we are winning by 30 I want us to win by 40. I want us to absolutely woop sasks ass as bad as we possibly can. If we hit 50... with time left I want 60... I want 70. I want to embarrass that team tomorrow.  

Edited by Goalie

For the first time in a dozen years, I get to sit down and watch the Bombers beat the Riders in the labour day classic. I doubt it will be a blowout, because the Riders save their best games for labour day, but I'm confident that we're a much better team. They've only won a single game, against a 3rd string QB, where they got the benefit of some 'close' (read bad) calls. Honestly, I'd be pretty pissed if we don't beat them back to back this year.

It's Labour Day.... We can get killed today and then come back and go on another 4 game run like nothing happened. It's like the Bermuda Triangle.... Or games at McMahon.... They don't really mean anything in the big picture...