Labour Day Classic Pre-Game Thread: Depth Chart, etc

Noeller

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

It's Labour Day.... We can get killed today and then come back and go on another 4 game run like nothing happened. It's like the Bermuda Triangle.... Or games at McMahon.... They don't really mean anything in the big picture... 

The tandem that concerns me is Durant to Bagg. We shut that down, goodnight Irene.

When D. Adams and Smith come back, we've got a huge logjam at import receiver: McDuffie, Smith, Dressler, Adams, Mayo, Sheppard, Denmark. Who are your four? We're going to have to sit a couple quality players, which is  a weird position for the BB to be in.

Liked what I saw of Sheppard tonight, a couple clutch catches, using that big body to advantage.

I think it's hard to keep more than one of Smith and McDuffie on.  McDuffie has unique skills in terms of speed but isn't the most polished.  Sheppard can play a role that Lapo loves.  Might be moot with Adams, but with Smith ready I think our best lineup is Denmark, Dressler, Smith and Sheppard.  Might try to DI McDuffie to rotate in but that means taking someone off the DL or special teams.

I dont know why i sometimes go over to riderfans after a game.....yes i do, to watch them meltdown and cannibalize each-other. But today is a whole different animal. Apparently they outplayed us all game, the refs cost them the game, their kicker cost them the game, etc, etc.  One guy said the game wouldnt have even been close if their kicker made all of his kicks???? He left 7 points on the field. Unreal. Also, anyone who isnt a lemming and displays an alternate view of the game is a troll and told to f*** off. That place is like a whole other world full of likeminded, koolaid drinking, nutjob, conspiracy theorists that refuse to see the world in anything but green-colored glasses. Its quite amazing.......and frightening. After a few minutes there you begin to understand how the nazi movement swept over Germany.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

I dont know why i sometimes go over to riderfans after a game.....yes i do, to watch them meltdown and cannibalize each-other. But today is a whole different animal. Apparently they outplayed us all game, the refs cost them the game, their kicker cost them the game, etc, etc.  One guy said the game wouldnt have even been close if their kicker made all of his kicks???? He left 7 points on the field. Unreal. Also, anyone who isnt a lemming and displays an alternate view of the game is a troll and told to f*** off. That place is like a whole other world full of likeminded, koolaid drinking, nutjob, conspiracy theorists that refuse to see the world in anything but green-colored glasses. Its quite amazing.......and frightening. After a few minutes there you begin to understand how the nazi movement swept over Germany.

Feel free to not bother going there again if it is so concerning to you...

6 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Done and done.

Fans after a loss have a tendency to be pissed off. I wouldn't expect any Bomber fans to have any problem with either pass interference call involving Dressler but wouldn't be a big stretch to imagine that some Rider fans might have a problem with it. That late call was a big one.   

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Fans after a loss have a tendency to be pissed off. I wouldn't expect any Bomber fans to have any problem with either pass interference call involving Dressler but wouldn't be a big stretch to imagine that some Rider fans might have a problem with it. That late call was a big one.   

Karma is a funny thing. I was at the LDC two years ago and you guys got away with murder. Numerous PI calls that weren't made, horrendous holding penalties that were never called, etc. Evened out as far I'm concerned. The better team won.

14 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Fair enough but iffy calls happen every single game. I cant even recall how many times over the last handful of years that weve been jobbed by a borderline call. Every team deals with it.

Maybe Durant's brutal toss that was intercepted on our 2 decided the game, maybe he would have thrown another if he had gotten the ball back, maybe your kicker cost you the game, etc, etc. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....1 penalty in the grand scheme of things isnt the sole reason for a loss is my point.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think it's hard to keep more than one of Smith and McDuffie on.  McDuffie has unique skills in terms of speed but isn't the most polished.  Sheppard can play a role that Lapo loves.  Might be moot with Adams, but with Smith ready I think our best lineup is Denmark, Dressler, Smith and Sheppard.  Might try to DI McDuffie to rotate in but that means taking someone off the DL or special teams.

Hmmm...thought McDuffie looked pretty shiny to me as he has all through training camp.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Fair enough but iffy calls happen every single game. I cant even recall how many times over the last handful of years that weve been jobbed by a borderline call. Every team deals with it.

Maybe Durant's brutal toss that was intercepted on our 2 decided the game, maybe he would have thrown another if he had gotten the ball back, maybe your kicker cost you the game, etc, etc. If ifs and buts were candies and nuts....1 penalty in the grand scheme of things isnt the sole reason for a loss is my point.

Agree with a lot that you have said. You know as well as I do that as the clock ticks down that a late call can decide a game. That late PI call on Dressler that took the ball away from the Riders was a back breaker? Yes or NO?

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Agree with a lot that you have said. You know as well as I do that as the clock ticks down that a late call can decide a game. That late PI call on Dressler that took the ball away from the Riders was a back breaker? Yes or NO?

You guys have got 11 years of every call go your way on Labour Day for once we got one. 

2 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

You'd think they'd be used to losing by now and more resigned to the fact their team sucks., rather then looking for excuses.  If the PI call bothers them so much, blame their coach for wasting his challenges.

46 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

You guys have got 11 years of every call go your way on Labour Day for once we got one. 

Yeah, no sympathy at all for the Riders. How about the way Jones lost that game with 2 stupid challenges & 2 dumb 3rd down gambles in Rider territory. Those were backbreakers & not the PI call. Those 4 plays cost the Riders the game. Jones is incredibly stupid. #textbook

38 minutes ago, Ripper said:

So that is a Yes.  Ok then, as you were. 

True that was a rough penalty to call.  But then again, they could have *not* thrown an Interception on the one yard line.  Or the kicker could have hit a couple.  Plays and calls happen.  Penalties like that can go either way.  If it happens in the first, probably no one is talking about it.  

2 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Yeah, no sympathy at all for the Riders. How about the way Jones lost that game with 2 stupid challenges & 2 dumb 3rd down gambles in Rider territory. Those were backbreakers & not the PI call. Those 4 plays cost the Riders the game. Jones is incredibly stupid. #textbook

Rider fans should focus their anger on someone who deserves it.  Their Head Coach.