Loffler's Hit on Duron

49 minutes ago, Sard said:

They were both definitely in-bounds when Loffler jumped.  I was wondering why Carter didn't get a facemask penalty because it looked to me like he had a pretty good grip on the facemask of the other defender who was there (can't remember who it was).

Just saw it again as I was reading this and he never grabbed the facemask just two straight arms. They usually let that go.

On 26/08/2016 at 11:43 PM, Sard said:

They were both definitely in-bounds when Loffler jumped.  

I disagree. They are replaying the game on TSN2 as I type this and just re-watched that play. The penalty was the right call.

Edited by Jacquie

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'd rather Loffler play on the edge like that and take those 15 yards every once in a while.

Westwood tweeted something to the same effect last night, and I agree....if it's not constant, and it's not costing us games, I'm okay with putting the fear of God into other teams...

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

John Bowman's two back to back penalties were even more stupid. Huge change in field position for us.

Yep, although the first one was quite the sell by Bond. I re-watched it a few times laughing hard at the fact that the refs fell for Bond's act on that one. 

Edited by O2L

1 hour ago, O2L said:

Yep, although the first one was quite the sell by Bond. I re-watched it a few times laughing hard at the fact that the refs fell for Bond's act on that one. 

What do you mean act? That shove by Bowman could have broken an egg, it was way worse than a push, it would actually have made Henry Burris proud. Big, bad Travis Bond being man-handled by John Bowman..aka the pusher. Hilarious call by that ref. Tremendous over-reaction by Bowman.

10 hours ago, O2L said:

I was skyping with my son in Victoria last night. We were both watching the game & we just laughed when Bond looked like he took a punch from Mike Tyson stumbling back with his head tilted & arms flailing. Then the ref threw the flag.  :)

Edited by iso_55

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, no71 said:

Late

Penalty

Perfect

when I saw it I figured that Loffler went at Carter purely because the defence knew all they had to do was get Carter angry and he'd be useless the rest of the game, so when Loffler saw Carter had the ball and was going out of bounds it was the perfect opportunity to pop him and presto, Carter pretty much disappeared after that.

On 27/08/2016 at 10:52 AM, Noeller said:

Westwood tweeted something to the same effect last night, and I agree....if it's not constant, and it's not costing us games, I'm okay with putting the fear of God into other teams...

The Grady Cavness factor. :-)

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:52 AM, Noeller said:

the beauty was that someone suckered Kyries Hebert into a retaliation, so the end result was offsetting penalties anyway.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

the beauty was that someone suckered Kyries Hebert into a retaliation, so the end result was offsetting penalties anyway.

True, dat. The veterans are supposed to lead by example, but Bowman and Hebert displayed the discontent within the team.

On 28/08/2016 at 0:16 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

when I saw it I figured that Loffler went at Carter purely because the defence knew all they had to do was get Carter angry and he'd be useless the rest of the game, so when Loffler saw Carter had the ball and was going out of bounds it was the perfect opportunity to pop him and presto, Carter pretty much disappeared after that.

I would say Johnny Adams also had a hand in that.