Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

7 hours ago, tracker said:

I have never seen a team sack pretty much all their receivers in one swoop. If we wait a couple of days, we might get a certain Winnipeg ex-pat player for free.

Hazelton had been a healthy scratch for 5 of the last 6 games. None of the three have been lighting it up for the Argos.

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Hazelton had been a healthy scratch for 5 of the last 6 games. None of the three have been lighting it up for the Argos.

They have Logan Kilgore at QB for most of the season is big reason for that. But they proven last year that they are capable.

And none of our receivers are lighting it up either except for Darvin Adams prior to his injury. 

3 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Considering the state of the Argo offence in general and their quarterbacking in particular, I wouldn't put too much weight on the receivers' performance of late.

26 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Do you know that that was the case or are you just speculating?

Millanovich didn't give the names of the players doing that when he made that statement, but when nearly the entire receiving corps gets two in the back of the head less than 24 hours after - I wouldn't call it speculation.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

And none of our receivers are lighting it up either except for Darvin Adams prior to his injury. 

Gurley has 509 yards in 9 games.

Denmark has 533 in 7.

Dressler has 769 in 10.

So.....

2 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Millanovich didn't give the names of the players doing that when he made that statement, but when nearly the entire receiving corps gets two in the back of the head less than 24 hours after - I wouldn't call it speculation.

Denmark has 533 in 7.

Dressler has 769 in 10.

So.....

And Gurley got those stats catching footballs from 4 different QB's.

Bringing in One of the three would be just fine. Wouldn't want to bring in two. Bring in the one guy, have the leaders on the team explain to him what's expected from the players (never mind what the coaches want) and go from there. The bombers have zero to lose at this point.

I get the feeling Milanovich isn't the easiest guy to get along with.  See Trevor Harris.  Add the fact that these guys were getting minimum salary while diving for catches in the dirt from their new high paid QB. I would give one of these guys a chance and if it doesn't work out, so be it. A change of scenery may help adjust attitudes. Could fill a void at least until Darvin Adams comes back. Walters always preaching about upgrading all positions. Gurley is an upgrade. 

3 hours ago, mbrg said:

Denmark has 533 in 7.

Dressler has 769 in 10.

So.....

Gurley had 5 TD's so the yardage is understated a bit.  I would also note that Dressler hasn't played 10 complete games either. 

I like the idea of the Gurley we saw earlier in the year. I don't know about a Gurley that gets purged with teammates like the morning after a night out. 

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

I would like to sign Tory Gurley... and not just so I can wear my Todd Gurley jersey and fool people into thinking it's a Bomber jersey...

+1 for Todd Gurley II.

I saw so many Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk jerseys around CanadInns when we switched to the Rams clone jerseys.

Just now, Noeller said:

Henoc Muamba is back in the #CFL, signing with the #Riders. #Bombers

Interested to see if he has given up on the NFL and signed a longer term contract or if he is still going to **** teams around.

The Riders are getting better though, will be better next year depending on what their QB situation looks like.

Maybe Henoc only cares about money like most pro athletes do. Or maybe just maybe sask was the only team who was interested in his services.  

The Henoc Muamba from last year was not the same as the one who played for the bombers. I think he's regressed as a player.  I think its because he's barely played any meaningful games the last couple years now 

Edited by Goalie

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Henoc will announce his retirement within the week.

Or his third tour...or is it his fourth down south??? If he plays like he did in Mont. (sitting on the bench soaking up the rays and cash) then the riders will prolong their agony with signings like this...