Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

What was the mistake?  Juicing or getting caught?  Filthy cheating Stampeder scum!!

Not to mention the fact of his choice of words. Sorry to have failed the test? Translation: I wish I had cheated better?

Seriously speaking, I hope he kicks the habit and becomes a role model for younger football players aspiring to be pro. 

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Stamps DL Quinn Smith takes responsibility. "I am sorry to have failed a drug test...This is my mistake and no one else’s." Refreshing. #CFL

Way to go Quinn.  Making the league punish you completely ruins the conspiracy theory that only goes after the Riders.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not to mention the fact of his choice of words. Sorry to have failed the test? Translation: I wish I had cheated better?

Seriously speaking, I hope he kicks the habit and becomes a role model for younger football players aspiring to be pro. 

If he kicks his habit then he become what as a football player? probably nothing as being juiced got him to where is he now in the CFL. But that was dirty & not clean. Maybe all he really is, is a third string backup. There's a reason why he never stopped juicing & I'll speculate by saying it's because he knows that clean he'll never be good enough to stick around & play in the CFL. He cheated before the Combine & put up eye popping stats. Then he was discovered after the combine he cheated. Still, the CFL rewarded his cheating by drafting him. Now he's caught again. The only role model he is, is that of a cheater & a liar. Someone kids should look up to & say,"No thanks".

Apparently Duron Carter is working his magic again, according to 3Downnation.  He was apparently at odds with Higgins and Popp chose to keep Carter over Higgins, but even when Carter went to the NFL his attitude was one of the main reasons he did not stick there. Now, he seems to have alienated most of his team and has become a distraction to the point where it has nearly resulted in a fist-fight. Popp is truly screwed here- he cannot trade Carter and if he does not cut or suspend Carter, Popp will lose whatever respect the team has for their coach/GM. The Alouettes have become the free space on the CFL bingo card.

When i envision a "entitled spoiled brat child of a superstar athlete" Duron is like the poster child.  What a waste of god given talents.  I read of few of his tweets and am now convinced his sure handed receiver father had one big drop and dumped Duron on his head as a child, leaving him with the IQ of a potato.  His only chance to play next year is Chris Jones or arena football.  But he can at least enjoy the heel role he keeps bragging about, must be a defence mechanism for not being able to live up to anything remotely close to his dad.       

On 08/09/2016 at 9:46 PM, iso_55 said:

Ol' Reliable Kevin Glenn is probably available if Popp decides to go with Cato & Adams. I could see Glenn in an Argos uniform. I mean, why not?

Because Glen wants to go to Edmonton.