Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

33 minutes ago, Mike said:

Randle for Carter would be trading one of the best leaders in our locker room for one of the dumbest athletes in North America. 

No thank you.

Duron Carters Wonderlic score was 39. The average score for a professional WR is 17. Sure he's had his issues in Montreal, but he's the big, physical receiver. It's not like a talented head case hasn't rejuvenated his career before (randy moss)

21 minutes ago, Mark F said:

don't think there is much chance of that happening. It'll be interesting to see where Duron ends up... don't think he'd want to live anywhere like the Canadian prairies. Maybe Wally's place.

If Carter goes anywhere, I would bet it would be Regina. One problem, though: the Riders would have to double the size of their meeting rooms. I'm pretty sure none of them would be big enough to accommodate Both Jones' and Carter's egos at the same time.

10 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Duron Carters Wonderlic score was 39. The average score for a professional WR is 17. Sure he's had his issues in Montreal, but he's the big, physical receiver. It's not like a talented head case hasn't rejuvenated his career before (randy moss)

I've read in several places how Carter had the physical talent to be in the NFL, yet here he is, getting paid a small fraction of what he could be earning down south.  If he has the physical skills, what's holding him back?  (By the way, that's really a rhetorical question).  He ain't coming here.  Let it go. 

1 hour ago, tracker said:

If Carter goes anywhere, I would bet it would be Regina. One problem, though: the Riders would have to double the size of their meeting rooms. I'm pretty sure none of them would be big enough to accommodate Both Jones' and Carter's egos at the same time.

the inside of their meeting room is bigger than the outside.  Fact.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

The Wonderlic is the stupidest thing ever.

Carter may be a headcase/cancer, but talent wise he's probably worth a lot more then their current stable of QBs, and Popp might be willing to get rid of his qbs at this point before carter until he finds one that works well with him. I'll assume hes gambling that Adams and Carter will be on the same page next year and the rest will work itself out. this year tho I'm sure popp's only concern is the SMS as GM and getting it under control more so than anything

8 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Carter may be a headcase/cancer, but talent wise he's probably worth a lot more then their current stable of QBs, and Popp might be willing to get rid of his qbs at this point before carter until he finds one that works well with him. I'll assume hes gambling that Adams and Carter will be on the same page next year and the rest will work itself out. this year tho I'm sure popp's only concern is the SMS as GM and getting it under control more so than anything

What makes you think that Carter would get along any better with any other quarterback? According to a reliable report, one of the big reasons Carter was not kept in the NFL was his attitude. Carter's ego will allow him to accept any team or QB where he is not the center of the universe and featured in every play. There is no question about his talent, but no matter which field of endeavour, talent is not enough and great performers everywhere have screwed themselves out of promising careers. Maybe Carter and Casey Printers could start their own league.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Honestly if anyone can rein in a guy like Carter, it would be Mike O'Shea.  However I wouldn't risk it mid-season when the team is playing so well together.  I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in prior to next season.

Has Osh ever had to deal with a player like Carter? Sounds like since he rolled into town they have vetted most players to insure they were decent people as part of the requirement to come here.

I really think Carter ends up somewhere west of us next year if they do infact cut him lose for cap and on field issues in montreal. If Jones was willing to bring in Khalif Mitchell, Carter would be a saint

11 minutes ago, LeBird said:

So Carter is the decoy this week. Wouldn't you love to see Carter in Regina? First day the fans would have his picture next to Mother Theresa.

Yup and everything they are saying about him now will be spun into something positive and he's such a good person and player and not to look on the past blah blah blah