Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

25 minutes ago, Stickem said:

.....yes apparently off sides are okay when playing the Bombers..but only if they're very flagrant and right in front of the officials nose...

I don't know... Do we really get jobbed by the refs? I say we do, but I also acknowledge the fact I do wear some heavily blue tinted glasses. 

But yeah, I think we get the short end of the stick with calls.

7 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I don't know... Do we really get jobbed by the refs? I say we do, but I also acknowledge the fact I do wear some heavily blue tinted glasses. 

But yeah, I think we get the short end of the stick with calls.

Every single team gets screwed by the refs according to their fans.. especially if they lose. If they win, the team overcame a horrible performance by the refs.

All teams benefit from and fall victim to the refs... usually multiple times every game. Those are the joys of cfl refs.

Edited by NotEZBeingGreen

2 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Als tried 3 kickers today... should we trade Castillo to them?

or Medlock ? ?

I was thinking about this too. And Medlock's name did come to mind. Then I remembered Popp is in all kinds of SMS trouble. He would have to trade us a viable player of equal or better salary status...that we would want...which is just about anybody.

4 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I was thinking about this too. And Medlock's name did come to mind. Then I remembered Popp is in all kinds of SMS trouble. He would have to trade us a viable player of equal or better salary status...that we would want...which is just about anybody.

I'll take in any one of their 5 Canadian O-linemen :).

16 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Als tried 3 kickers today... should we trade Castillo to them?

or Medlock ? ?

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Anyone know what Castillo is making? Any chance of getting a receiver or help for the Oline? Like, oh I dunno, SJ Green when he's healthy?

Edited by J5V

Do people actually think Medlock is doing poorly? You make the guy kick less 45+ yard field goals he'll stop missing some you know that right? The Bombers are so desperate for any point they can get they're kicking way more long field goals than they should. They need to pump the brakes a bit and remember that sometimes playing the field position game can work in the long run. 

20 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I wouldnt mind Bowman or Lavarias actually.

or even Nik Lewis

Interesting thought. I wonder how his personality would blend with O'Shea's.

wtfita1.gif

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Do people actually think Medlock is doing poorly? You make the guy kick less 45+ yard field goals he'll stop missing some you know that right? The Bombers are so desperate for any point they can get they're kicking way more long field goals than they should. They need to pump the brakes a bit and remember that sometimes playing the field position game can work in the long run. 

THIS!

We finally have a legit kicker and 6 games in people want to trade him???? HUH??? He isn't perfect but damn, it's not like he's missing extra points or 26 yard field goals. Trading the guy who has scored the majority of our points isn't going to end well for this team. Unless they can trade him for collaros/harris/reilly or BLM.

On 7/26/2016 at 6:20 AM, Bigblue204 said:

I don't see how the CFL can do any more to protect qb's beside making them a touch tackle player. I think the only way to better protect them is to start looking at bigger players. Someone who can take a hit. Though I suppose finding those types who aren't playing in the NFL would be difficult. Mobility certainly helps, but you're only one hard cut away from something serious there as well.

It is getting tiring watching back up qb's come in weekly.

Once a knee gets injured it doesn't matter if a qb weighs 180 or 245 lbs. The bigger they are the harder they'll fall.