Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

Definitely looked like a fuller crowd this time.

Can't say I blame the Argos for pulling the the CFL down though.  The on-field product keeps getting worse and worse across the league.  I'd say this is the least entertaining the CFL has ever been.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Holy crap.  Ray takes a shot to the knee a full 2 seconds after throwing a pass and the ref. who's job it is to make the call stands there looking dumbstruck.  No flag.

Milanovich says early diagnosis is Ray could have a sprained MCL. According to Milanovich, if so, Ray would be out 4-6 weeks #Argos #CFL

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Definitely looked like a fuller crowd this time.

Can't say I blame the Argos for pulling the the CFL down though.  The on-field product keeps getting worse and worse across the league.  I'd say this is the least entertaining the CFL has ever been.

Too many Drew Willys, Jonathan Jennings, Kevin Glenns, Ricky Rays, (should have retired 2 years ago), Jeremiah Masolis (yeah, yeah one game). For every great qb, we have 2 bad ones. It's quarterbacking that is holding this league back. These guys have little or no personalities. The other thing that I hate is everyone runs the zone read out of shotgun... Every offense looks the same. No one takes the ball from under center unless it's short yardage. This once innovative league has become bland & boring. Every team looks the same. Be nice if some coach came in & used a different offense other than shotgun zone read.

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Too many Drew Willys, Jonathan Jennings, Kevin Glenns, Ricky Rays, (should have retired 2 years ago), Jeremiah Masolis (yeah, yeah one game). For every great qb, we have 2 bad ones. It's quarterbacking that is holding this league back. These guys have little or no personalities. The other thing that I hate is everyone runs the zone read out of shotgun... Every offense looks the same. No one takes the ball from under center unless it's short yardage. This once innovative league has become bland & boring. Every team looks the same. Be nice if some coach came in & used a different offense other than shotgun zone read.

Bring back Mike "No Shotgun For Me" Kelly;)

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

Pretty funny post in a season where backup Trevor Harris is lighting it up, third-stringers Gale and Jensen just had an awesome QB duel and Masoli (another third stringer) set a league record for completions...  Jennings is starting to hit stride, Reilly and BLM still look real good...

Last season, Burris set a league record for completions and there's, what, four absolutely dominant QBs in the league?  Scoring is up... its really not so bad...

You're getting the CFL mixed up with Winnipeg...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Pretty funny post in a season where backup Trevor Harris is lighting it up, third-stringers Gale and Jensen just had an awesome QB duel and Masoli (another third stringer) set a league record for completions...  Jennings is starting to hit stride, Reilly and BLM still look real good...

Last season, Burris set a league record for completions and there's, what, four absolutely dominant QBs in the league?  Scoring is up... its really not so bad...

You're getting the CFL mixed up with Winnipeg...

Trevor Harris has the Wow Factor. Reilly sure does. Jennings in BC is always a pass or two from being pulled. maybe he is improving but he is a long way from being an elite CFL qb.

Durant is still a very good qb who's been slowed by injuries. Not a lot of gas in the tank for him.

BLM seems to play well within the Stamps offensive system & doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He's a smart player.he has really done well under Dave Dickenson's coaching.

Ray is old & who knows how long he'll be gone with this latest knee injury.

Collaros was burning up the league before he was injured last season & he had the Wow Factor like Reilly & Harris.

Hank can still perform at a high level even at 41 which is truly amazing.

In Montreal Glenn is what he is, a journeyman. He can play well to a point but he isn't capable like Reilly, Harris or Collaros to single handedly dominate a game & win. He's always one or 2 passes from being pulled. I won't even discuss Willy.

19 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Trevor Harris has the Wow Factor. Reilly sure does. Jennings in BC is always a pass or two from being pulled. maybe he is improving but he is a long way from being an elite CFL qb.

Durant is still a very good qb who's been slowed by injuries. Not a lot of gas in the tank for him.

BLM seems to play well within the Stamps offensive system & doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He's a smart player.he has really done well under Dave Dickenson's coaching.

Ray is old & who knows how long he'll be gone with this latest knee injury.

Collaros was burning up the league before he was injured last season & he had the Wow Factor like Reilly & Harris.

Hank can still perform at a high level even at 41 which is truly amazing.

In Montreal Glenn is what he is, a journeyman. He can play well to a point but he isn't capable like Reilly, Harris or Collaros to single handedly dominate a game & win. He's always one or 2 passes from being pulled. I won't even discuss Willy.

Compared to the ol' days... that's pretty good.

Think of the 1990s... Tom Burgess was terrible in Ottawa, Tracy Ham was awful in Toronto, but you'd never connect those guys with awful seasons thinking back...

Winnipeg was led by a busted up Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen was an awful passer, Kerwin Bell and Reggie Slack were the 'next ones'...

I'd say CFL QBs have never looked better across the board... except in Winnipeg.

I will also say that if Logan Kilgore steps in and burns up the league, I'm going to lose my mind.

Just now, Floyd said:

Think of the 1990s... Tom Burgess was terrible in Ottawa, Tracy Ham was awful in Toronto, but you'd never connect those guys with awful seasons thinking back...

Winnipeg was led by a busted up Matt Dunigan, Damon Allen was an awful passer, Kerwin Bell and Reggie Slack were the 'next ones'...

I'd say CFL QBs have never looked better across the board... except in Winnipeg.

I will also say that if Logan Kilgore steps in and burns up the league, I'm going to lose my mind.

Hey, you may be right so okay. :)

I don't see how the CFL can do any more to protect qb's beside making them a touch tackle player. I think the only way to better protect them is to start looking at bigger players. Someone who can take a hit. Though I suppose finding those types who aren't playing in the NFL would be difficult. Mobility certainly helps, but you're only one hard cut away from something serious there as well.

It is getting tiring watching back up qb's come in weekly.

7 hours ago, Floyd said:

We might have a jewel or two in Davis and Bennett but how will we ever know unless Willy is dismembered and Nichols flops?

3 hours ago, tracker said:

We might have a jewel or two in Davis and Bennett but how will we ever know unless Willy is dismembered and Nichols flops?

If they continue to suck eggs past Labour Day both of those possibilities might become reality.  I hope we get a real chance to see what Davis and Bennett can do before the end of the season, if the playoffs become a lost hope 2 games each would be a nice evaluation heading into next year.