Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Any word on Collaros and how close he is? I know they were speculating that he'd be back for our game next week......

He was "close" before last game.  With Masoli's play last week I'd be surprised if they rush Collaros in now.  But maybe, they are on bye this week.

Riders try to grab Stampeders’ OL off practice roster

As per Justin Dunk:

http://3downnation.com/2016/07/30/riders/

Posted on July 30, 2016 by Justin Dunk // 1 Comment

Saskatchewan tried to nab Canadian offensive lineman Roman Grozman from Calgary’s practice roster this past week, per CFL sources.

The Riders have had a spate of injuries occur among their offensive line group. Those setbacks have landed Chris Best, Brendon LaBatte, Dan Clark, Matt Vonk, Dillon Guy and Xavier Fulton on the six-game injured list. Five of those blockers carry a Canadian passport, which has made national offensive line depth very thin in Riderville.

That led to the Riders trying to take Grozman from the Stampeders, but the six-foot-four, 319-pounder declined.

“They could have drafted him. They’re trying to build a team by scooping up other teams’ developmental players,” a CFL source says.

There are two ways a team can protect a practice roster player. The first is activating him for at least two games. The second would be for the player to decline going to the team who tries to claim them, which is what Grozman did.

Back in June, the Riders added two Canadians who declined practice roster spots with the B.C. Lions.

And No. 1 overall pick, Josiah St. John went down in Saskatchewan’s 41-3 loss to Montreal on Friday.

4 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

As per Justin Dunk:

http://3downnation.com/2016/07/30/riders/

Posted on July 30, 2016 by Justin Dunk // 1 Comment

Saskatchewan tried to nab Canadian offensive lineman Roman Grozman from Calgary’s practice roster this past week, per CFL sources.

The Riders have had a spate of injuries occur among their offensive line group. Those setbacks have landed Chris Best, Brendon LaBatte, Dan Clark, Matt Vonk, Dillon Guy and Xavier Fulton on the six-game injured list. Five of those blockers carry a Canadian passport, which has made national offensive line depth very thin in Riderville.

That led to the Riders trying to take Grozman from the Stampeders, but the six-foot-four, 319-pounder declined.

“They could have drafted him. They’re trying to build a team by scooping up other teams’ developmental players,” a CFL source says.

There are two ways a team can protect a practice roster player. The first is activating him for at least two games. The second would be for the player to decline going to the team who tries to claim them, which is what Grozman did.

Back in June, the Riders added two Canadians who declined practice roster spots with the B.C. Lions.

And No. 1 overall pick, Josiah St. John went down in Saskatchewan’s 41-3 loss to Montreal on Friday.

I was just WAITING for the rest of the teams to take umbrage with Jones' penchant for disregarding the "gentleman's agreement" of not raiding each other's practice roster developmental players and start raiding Jones'... then I realised- he has **** for Canadians on his PR...

6 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Duron Carter. What, I have to be realistic?

Can you imagine the chemistry between Walker and O'Shea? That would be something to experience.  :o

6 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Pffft, Training camp fodder.

All that talent and he's wasting it.  It would probably sadden me a lot to know how many people are doing that just for a paycheck, which I don't completely blame them for, I just want to see talent on the field.

Well he has probably made about 600K over 2014-2015 which is more than even the highest bidder would have paid for him in the CFL.  Can't really blame him for trying the NFL again.  Let's not forget he was under contract in the CFL to begin 2016 but Montreal cut him, so he was prepared to play here.  Worst case scenario for Henoc, he gets cut and he comes back to the CFL as a 27 year old starting Canadian.  He's making the only logical move for someone in his situation.