Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

16 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Looks like the Riders are going 3 imports on the line this week (A Jones at C and SJS at LG)... if we had 3 Cdn O-line out, we'd be lucky to start 1 Cdn on the line...

This is St Johns first career start however. He is also a tackle starting at guard so ya we are scrambling. That being said, Josiah played pretty decent last week in relief of labatte when called upon

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Ripper, welcome to our world when it comes to offensive lines travails. With us, it's just been 5 years. Rebuild, replace, restock...

Was surprised and disappointed we cut the Manitoba kid McKay yesterday. I think that is roster juggling, or at least that is what I am hoping. Read he had a good training camp.

So I just had a friend try to purchase a ticket for today's game near his season ticket seats (sec. 205 row 18 seats 21/22 he wanted one of those) and the person on the phone told him they weren't available because they were meant for season ticket holders. He asked if the seat he wanted had been purchased and the person on the other end said "no, but we can't sell them just in case someone wants to buy them as season tickets"

So for a team struggling to get people out, they have a policy to not sell single game tickets (3rd home game) just "in case" someone wants to purchase them as season tickets when 1 3rd of the home games are done?

How does that make any sense? My buddy was able to get tickets else were, I just find this policy odd. Is there a late season push for season tickets or something? I just don't understand the point of doing this when there are only going to be 6 games left after today.

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

So I just had a friend try to purchase a ticket for today's game near his season ticket seats (sec. 205 row 18 seats 21/22 he wanted one of those) and the person on the phone told him they weren't available because they were meant for season ticket holders. He asked if the seat he wanted had been purchased and the person on the other end said "no, but we can't sell them just in case someone wants to buy them as season tickets"

So for a team struggling to get people out, they have a policy to not sell single game tickets (3rd home game) just "in case" someone wants to purchase them as season tickets when 1 3rd of the home games are done?

How does that make any sense? My buddy was able to get tickets else were, I just find this policy odd. Is there a late season push for season tickets or something? I just don't understand the point of doing this when there are only going to be 6 games left after today.

I would suspect that if there was any threat of selling out the game or even coming close to it they'd sell every ticket they could but in the mean time they probably do want to keep some seats to try and entice season ticket holders to come in part way through the season. 

I didn't even think you could buy season tickets after the first game.   I went to the season ticket page and clicked on the buy season tickets link and this is the error I get.

There is a problem with your request, please contact Winnipeg Blue Bombers at 204-784-7448 or fanservices@bluebombers.com
An error occured with the availability server / geometry service

No such error when I try to buy single game tickets, so I don't think the service is down.  In fact, if you go in through the buy tickets link through the landing page of the website, season tickets aren't even an option.  Only single game or flex packs.

http://www.bluebombers.com/tickets/

I agree with Bigblue204, for a team who only had just over 24,000 people show up for the last game, this seems like poor communication / training to their front line staff and / or ticket vendors.

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

It's not for season tickets. They just flat out don't sell the last two seats in some rows due to obstructed views.

I tried to buy one last year for banjo bowl, and I couldn't buy it online, got an error. Called ticket master, she couldn't sell it to me, got an error. She said to call the club to figure out what was up with that seat, as it was showing as available. 

Called the club, they said they don't sell those seats due to the above mentioned issues with sight lines/obstructed views. I asked if I could buy a cheapie in the temp seats (Greycup Seating), and just sit in there if I wanted to put up with the cheap view, she said yeah sure, go ahead.

People in our row were nice enough to move down that the 3 of us going to the game got to sit together, but those seats seem to be open more often than not 

It is definitely for season tickets. I got the same story trying to to buy a single next to my parents season tickets (which are empty). The office said the tickets weren't sold, but couldn't be bought individually because they were holding them for potential season ticket holders. I had thought they had said you could buy those seats on game day, though...or at least in the hours leading up to the game.

My solution was to buy an equivalent (or cheaper ticket) elsewhere and just sit next to them anyways. If I couldn't buy them, it is unlikely anyone else did either so it is a pretty safe bet.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Who are the 7 NI for the Riders then? I see the 2 OL, 2 WR, Cappicotti, Safety and ?

Yup, just the 6 there. last week we had packages with Demski in giving us 3 NI receivers on field. packages with Walter in at RB. Packages with Newman on defense. Campbell played corner in second half after Cox got hurt. ironically I was doubting the Bombers NI's, as I thought Neufeld would get hurt etc.. and you guys were thin. I guess on the rider front I was hoping for a healthy, Best, Labatte and Clark and that St John and McKay would hold down the tackle spot giving us 4 NI on the Oline to start the season. As I have said, key injuries to 3 starting linemen is killing us right now.

31 minutes ago, Chaosmonkey said:

It's not for season tickets. They just flat out don't sell the last two seats in some rows due to obstructed views.

I tried to buy one last year for banjo bowl, and I couldn't buy it online, got an error. Called ticket master, she couldn't sell it to me, got an error. She said to call the club to figure out what was up with that seat, as it was showing as available. 

Called the club, they said they don't sell those seats due to the above mentioned issues with sight lines/obstructed views. I asked if I could buy a cheapie in the temp seats (Greycup Seating), and just sit in there if I wanted to put up with the cheap view, she said yeah sure, go ahead.

People in our row were nice enough to move down that the 3 of us going to the game got to sit together, but those seats seem to be open more often than not 

The seats in question had belonged to season ticket holders that didn't renew.

Reports out of Montreal that both Duron Carter and Nic Lewis have been fined for making  public statements about the current state of affairs in the Alouettes. Lewis can be excused because he is a veteran but Carter took to social media to air his grievances.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I would suspect that if there was any threat of selling out the game or even coming close to it they'd sell every ticket they could but in the mean time they probably do want to keep some seats to try and entice season ticket holders to come in part way through the season. 

That's a crazy policy. Sell tickets. maybe the person who buys those seats as single game tickets will decide he wants them for the remainder of the season.

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

The seats in question had belonged to season ticket holders that didn't renew.

IIRC they had originally filled the seats with season ticket holders, then they had to add extra height to the railing. This is the part that obstructs the views. They gave affected people a 50% discount on the seats, but it was a one time take it or leave it deal.

11 hours ago, Chaosmonkey said:

IIRC they had originally filled the seats with season ticket holders, then they had to add extra height to the railing. This is the part that obstructs the views. They gave affected people a 50% discount on the seats, but it was a one time take it or leave it deal.

The seats in question are in row 22, there's no rail at all.