Around The League Regular Season Discussion

Noeller

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Come on...lets not kid ourselves.  The player is lying to try and get out of a suspension.  Period.  If he's claiming that he suffered a concussion that, if the bump never happens, he's never taken out, never diagnosed, never has a single symptom, then maybe concussions are so nefarious that every physical play should result in immediate concussion protocol.  Which would be ridiculous.  Which was my point ofcourse.

The defense is ridiculous and cowardly.  Grown man should take responsibility for his actions.

Your kidding yourself if you honestly believe a professional medical practitioner is going to lie for a player. The player has no authority to say they were concussed. It's the care giver that evaluated the player that is the authority. It is the practitioners evidence that the third party will consider. That is evidence that may not have been made available to the Commissioner when he made his decision on the suspension. You can call it cowardly and ridiculous, but Duron Carter doesn't care if The Unknown Poster likes his decision to be involved in an appeal or not. To Carter, one game salary, maybe ten grand is at stake. That's incentive enough to have a third party consider an appeal.

Carter appealing his suspension...  if hearing isn't held before next game then he plays.

If he appeals based on concussion protocol, how can any player ever really be 'cleared' in a game then?  If I know the CFL, they'll make a rule where the player has to remain motionless on the field until staff can get out there and clear him after a head shot... 

This is nothing but bad 

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Carter appealing his suspension...  if hearing isn't held before next game then he plays.

If he appeals based on concussion protocol, how can any player ever really be 'cleared' in a game then?  If I know the CFL, they'll make a rule where the player has to remain motionless on the field until staff can get out there and clear him after a head shot... 

This is nothing but bad 

Interesting, if you re-watch the video Carter does seem to be a bit woozy even though he's trotting.  I wish they had a better video to show whether his gums were flapping as usual or not and WTH did Campbell have to say to him?  IMO Carter had no intention of running through the middle of their bench.

If talking **** is a legit concussion symptom for Carter, then if I'm the CFL, I would ask Montreal to sit him down for concussion protocol every time he starts beaking off...  I'm concerned for his long-term health.

I Don't think they showed the Bass infraction on TV but I remember it being called.

Week 3 Fines

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced Tuesday that four players have been fined following Week 3 action.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers linebacker Khalil Bass was fined for an unnecessary hit to a vulnerable player (C.J. Gable) in the game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Toronto Argonaut Shawn Lemon was fined for a low hit to BC Lions quarterback Travis Lulay in Thursday’s game.

Ottawa REDBLACK Damaso Munoz was fined for spearing Bo Levi Mitchell in Friday night’s game versus the Calgary Stampeders.

Calgary Stampeder Alex Singleton was fined for a hit to the head of Ottawa REDBLACKS quarterback Trevor Harris.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

CFL.ca Staff    <<<<SOURCE

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I Don't think they showed the Bass infraction on TV but I remember it being called.

Week 3 Fines

TORONTO — The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced Tuesday that four players have been fined following Week 3 action.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers linebacker Khalil Bass was fined for an unnecessary hit to a vulnerable player (C.J. Gable) in the game against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.

Toronto Argonaut Shawn Lemon was fined for a low hit to BC Lions quarterback Travis Lulay in Thursday’s game.

Ottawa REDBLACK Damaso Munoz was fined for spearing Bo Levi Mitchell in Friday night’s game versus the Calgary Stampeders.

Calgary Stampeder Alex Singleton was fined for a hit to the head of Ottawa REDBLACKS quarterback Trevor Harris.

As per league policy, the amount of the player fines was not disclosed.

CFL.ca Staff    <<<<SOURCE

I mentioned this in another thread. If they are talking about that short forward pass to Gable at the LOS, and then Bass comes along and just pastes him. I thought that was a great defensive play. Are the defensive players not supposed to play the ball?

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Chamblin was bitching about the same thing last year before he got canned.

I've been on Jones case lately so not here to defend him. BUT, Clark, Best, and Labatte hurt at the same time is a major blow to the team. Entire interior of Oline out at the same time is tough for any team to over come. Chambers going down doesn't hurt anything as Demski will take his spot and likely never give it up as I believe he is capable of good things.

52 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

What is the status of those 3 OL?

Demski to the Peg in 2017 or 2018.

St John is starting at Guard for Labatte this week, so looks like all 3 out again. Labatte must have a concussion, but that has no been confirmed by anyone