Main Camp

Floyd

11 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think our season will definitely depend on the health of Willy and Harris.  With those two in the line-up and a decent defense there should be no game this year we can't win. 

I assume your not talking about Macho Harris since you put Willy and Harris together, and your right those will have to stay healthy and drive the offence as for Macho Harris i don't see him making the team as a starter, maybe they keep him around maybe not.

32 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I assume your not talking about Macho Harris since you put Willy and Harris together, and your right those will have to stay healthy and drive the offence as for Macho Harris i don't see him making the team as a starter, maybe they keep him around maybe not.

you assumed correctly.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/05/29/195403/

Both Weston Dressler and Ryan Smith made instant impressions, drawing ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ from the crowd for their work during the morning scrimmage.

Smith in particular was doing his thing getting open and making acrobatic grabs.

“Ryan Smith was running around making plays,” said QB Drew Willy. “He’s going to be fun to watch for these fans and he’s going to bring some juice to our offence.”

Riders won't miss this guy, they have Denmark now ;)

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

So you don't want the best long snapper in the league on the roster?

I have no problem with Rempel...  don't think he's the best in the league anymore but he's good, I think Wild is good too

I do have a problem with three slow guys on cover though

Loffler had a nice little "wow" play when he broke up a deep pass down the middle.  The WR was complaining that it was PI, but receivers are always whining about that. ;)

I don't think Willy had his best day.  He was a little off today, but come on, it's day one of camp.  The QB's in general seemed just slightly off today. The best laugh of the day was when some lady heckled Willy when he threw a pass behind the receiver.  "NICE UNDER THROW WILLY!"  Some people have no clue... :rolleyes:

I watched Corney for a bit.  It seems like he has some good jump to his step. I can't wait to see him when things get real on that line.

#80 Thomas Mayo is not going to make this team if he keeps running routes the way he does. Yikes. To be honest, I don't think Mayo's going to make the team.

Justin Veltung looked sharp.  Brothers 7 & 12 looked sharp.  They are brothers  right, like the Sedin twins? :P

Posey had a nice pick.  The DB's in general were on the ball today.

Honestly, I know it's early and injuries will hit but this roster looks really good. I see very few spots where we don't have at least an adequate starter. If we can recruit a decent American RT, DE and especially a safety we're laughing. I really don't want to see Macho Harris make the team and go through another Kuale, Romby, Shell etc situation. 

First lofflers play against Jace Daniel's would have been PI...no contact remember. It was a nice play, but would have been called.

Veltung looked smooth as **** out there. I don't mean his yac either. He ran beautiful routes. Ran right by Randle on a go. He's my bet for starting rec right now.

Macho man, I didn't think he was as bad as everyone else. Don't get me wrong I'm not a fan, but he had some nice coverage on the 1v1's.

Nichols was under throwing often. Willy looked decent.

Butcher....is a giant.

Thanks for all the reports. They are...encouraging.

What I'm liking:

Football is back.
So glad the Argos have a home and are not travelling vagabonds for their home games...and causing scheduling nightmares...for other teams.
Beautiful new uniforms.
The holes, in our lineup, are being filled.
...catering to the fans. ie. Fans allowed on field after practice
Thinking that...just when the opposition recovers from Shologan, Westerman, and Cummings plus, we hit them with Butcher and Corney.
We're not dealing with J. St. John and his agent.

Posting in the 3rd year anniversary of MBB. 

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Jace Daniels probably would have been flagged for ineligible receiver downfield though, so the penalties would even out...

MOS should have thrown a challenge flag and made everyone stand around for five minutes.  Just so the new rookies could get used to the pace of game play in a real game...