Main Camp

Floyd

40 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Darrin Bauming posted an "updated" depth chart on twitter, I'm just gonna go off my memory here so a couple could be wrong but

QB- Willy

RB- Harris

REC- Smith,Dressler,Adams,Kohlert,Cone

OL -Neufeld,Daniels,Goossen,Chung,Bryant

DL - Cole,Cummings,Shologan,Westerman

LB- Leggett,Wild,Bass

DB- Randle,Johnson,Posey(i think),Adams

S- Harris 

Bold = Natioanals 

I still wouldn't read to much in to the depth chart right now tho, It's day 1. Give it a week and things will change. 

It looked like Davis worked with the 1s more than Cone today. I had Smith, Dressler, Kohlert, Adams and Davis as the first unit.

10 minutes ago, Captain Blue said:

It looked like Davis worked with the 1s more than Cone today. I had Smith, Dressler, Kohlert, Adams and Davis as the first unit.

Don't doubt it one bit. They seem high on Davis. Think he might surprise some people and will start for the team. 

I'm under the impression it's just day 1 and things can and more than likely will change . 

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

andrew harris looks smooth as a receiver, I wonder if it would be far fetched to slotarrow-10x10.png him in as a receiver if one of flanders or anderson end up being too good to let go (sounded like they got some good reviews from rookie camp)

As an RB, Harris will still probably be in our top 3 receiving stats...

2 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Addison Richards??? Where was his hair today?

latest?cb=20100915114417

didnt even notice richards out there (if he was playing) only hair that stood out for me was Butcher, Waggoner and one player with like red or pink dreads

I thought richards shaved his head tho

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 minute ago, rebusrankin said:

I can't believe nobody mentioned that Addison Richards was actually on the field.

I didnt stay for all of practice, my kid wanted to go to mcdonalds, but we were placing bets during the 5-6 man racing drills. we rolled up our programs and pretended we were at the track

The vets I paid attention to were mostly impressive. Dressler and Smith look like they could play a game tonight, crisp routes and caught everything. Westerman dominated his counterpart on the first scrimmage play I saw. I thought Willy looked fine, though after a poor throw the couple behind thought he should be looking over his shoulder. I thought that was cute. Macho Harris seems to stick out in that defence. And not in a good way. Slowest DB to me. Ian Wild, as well as many others, seemed to be very vocal and helping direct guys where to go.

I noticed Loeffler on one big pass break up. Looked like he clotheslined the rec pretty good. Didn't noticed Corney too much, but did see him chatting up guys here and there which reminded of his rookie blog where he mentioned hoping to find some fellow "meatheads". That last import REC roster spot will be interesting. Thought Davis and Veltung both looked ok - but McDuffie was my fav of the group. Hope to see him make the team.

The turn out seemed on par with past years. Some big street hockey tourney going on down Chancellor Matheson today too, so lots of people.... And food trucks :) 

I agree with Jimmy P about #7 & #12. These guys are thoroughbreds. Some think it may be Jace Davis' position to lose at WR, but like others, I saw lots of promise from #0-Veltung, he also had some nice YAC today... but still early.

#33 ...say no more.

I paid more attention to Richards and Waggoner just because of their draft status. Richards was fairly unremarkable, but didn't do anything to distinguish himself negatively. He also didn't look impeded by any lingering injury...If he had off season hip surgery, it didn't show in his gait.

Waggoner has a gliding running style that gets him down the field much quicker that you might suspect. He also looked crisp on the blocking sled where others didn't. He strikes me as an "attention to details guy" as he again, looked very sharp in drills compared to others.

They must find a way to get #34-Anderson on the field. Other than rushing and receiving, he participated in some ST drills...what a motor.

#77-Vitt keeps making plays (dropped only one pass that I saw). #16-Loffler's break-up of a previously mentioned pass looked to be a thing of beauty. That was not a non-import rookie play to me.

#43-Corney will eat somebody's lunch this season. I see a strong resemblance between he and a young (read -fit) Tom Canada and another forgotten legend; the great Pete Catan.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I didnt stay for all of practice, my kid wanted to go to mcdonalds, but we were placing bets during the 5-6 man racing drills. we rolled up our programs and pretended we were at the track

Speaking of McDonalds ... Butcher went there after practice for lunch, and they had to call in Wendy's for support ;)

Edited by IC Khari

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

There seems to be a new tradition where the coaching staff gives an average aging vet a chance every year...  Kuale, Shell, Harris...

Maybe its strategy, someone that the fans can blame everything on... less pressure on everyone else

You will have to admit Kuale's audition lasted way too long like forever.

Edited by LeBird

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I am just watching last season's season opener in Regina where the Bombers dominated.  Macho was just awful for the Riders, taking dumb penalties at the wrong times that would make Kuale proud and just blowing coverages.  I really would like to know what is going to change this year from last for Macho.

He was better two seasons ago. Per Bauming the Bombers think the Riders played him out of position at lb last season.

7 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

He was better two seasons ago. Per Bauming the Bombers think the Riders played him out of position at lb last season.

Hopefully it's just "out of position", and not "he can't play a position" ...

Edited by IC Khari

58 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

#43-Corney will eat somebody's lunch this season. I see a strong resemblance between he and a young (read -fit) Tom Canada and another forgotten legend; the great Pete Catan.

high-praise.jpg

I will never forget Pete Catan.  What a great player.

Was there with our 6 month old and some family (holoman included) 

Wasn't super enthralled with the QBs but Willy to me was the best of the bunch.

Harris is going to be worth every dollar we are paying him. He moves like he is a small scatback, but has vision, speed and size. Really amazing to see. 

Dressler and Smith get it done out there, using their speed, route running and technique. Adams seems to be a popular target for Willy again. Veltung stood out today making some of the DBs looking silly at the LOS and then getting down field fast. Other receivers that looked good: Davis, Mayo, McDuffie.