Main Camp

Floyd

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fortunately, not true...... Bowman still drops as many as he catches. It's just that every second passing play is to him. One of the most over rated guys in the league.

I mean... Sure his Targetted vs. received for 2015 was 8-10% lower than the other 5 top receivers in total yards.

I would trade 10 % more drops than average (average for the best receivers in the league by yards) for a receiver who has averaged 1350 yards in the last two years.  I mean we've struggled to find a 1000+ yard receiver since he left....

I will admit that I've mostly only watched him when playing against Winnipeg and I seem to be remembering the games where he had caught 70% of the many many passes thrown to him (and that includes passes where the QB simply missed)

Edited by Valderan_CA

Just now, Valderan_CA said:

I mean... Sure his Targetted vs. received for 2015 was 8-10% lower than the other 5 top receivers in total yards.

I would trade 10 % more drops than average (average for the best receivers in the league by yards) for a receiver who has averaged 1350 yards in the last two years

LOL yup me too. I don't understand the "He drops everything"....but has some how been able to be one of the top receivers in the league the last few years, oh and just helped his team win a grey cup. But yeah totally overrated....smh

Sure he gets more balls thrown his way, but that just speaks more to his value. He's getting open more often than not. When you have a guy like that, it opens up other opportunities for other players...including the run game. Takes pressure off the QB. etc etc.

56 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Fortunately, not true...... Bowman still drops as many as he catches. It's just that every second passing play is to him. One of the most over rated guys in the league.

The guy was also misused on our team.... he doesn't handle being covered by two guys well and gets lost in traffic.   Edmonton is really smart and gets the ball to him quick and he really burns teams with his YAC.    

Sorry to bring the discussion back to this LeJean fellow and not Bowman who everyone seems to want to talk about even though he is not walking through that door. This Lejean is shorter than Bowman I think and won't have the same height advantage although there are still a lot of small db's out there. I am not sure if it was just me but he seemed to need to push off to make separation in a lot of these plays. That is not going to work so well at the next level. Also in the CFL there is a lot more space down field to see all that hand work.

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

Sorry to bring the discussion back to this LeJean fellow and not Bowman who everyone seems to want to talk about even though he is not walking through that door. This Lejean is shorter than Bowman I think and won't have the same height advantage although there are still a lot of small db's out there. I am not sure if it was just me but he seemed to need to push off to make separation in a lot of these plays. That is not going to work so well at the next level. Also in the CFL there is a lot more space down field to see all that hand work.

Lestar Jean - 6-3    211

Adarious Bowman 6-3   217

They are virtually carbon copies physically. As for hand fighting....it is an accepted practice in the NFL by both defender and receiver. Push off.....ALL receivers do it and are only occasionally flagged.

Edited by gcn11

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Lestar Jean - 6-3    211

Adarious Bowman 6-3   217

They are virtually carbon copies physically. As for hand fighting....it is an accepted practice in the NFL by both defender and receiver. Push off.....ALL receivers do it and are only occasionally flagged.

Didn't hurt Allan Pitts's career any.......

11 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

"I'm loving Mike." - Paul LaPolice - May 31, 2016

I'm not tiring of hearing the many good words directed towards Mike, and his staff. We can only hope the word winning will soon be associated with him too.

"I'm loving Mike" is something we're not used to hearing on this forum either ;)

8 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

Buck Pierce was behind the mic as well today talking about Drew Willy. I was surprised to see that.

Yep, loved it! It really gives us fans more insight into the workings of the different parts of the team that the head coach alone couldn't possibly cover. 

31 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

MOS has to let his coaches have access to the media. He should feel comfortable by now that they won't say anything to blow things up. This controlling the message thing hasn't helped them win games.

It honestly has zero effect on how they preform on the field. It is only the fans who care if people can talk to the media. 

I'd be very excited if just one year we had a coach come in and say, you know I'm a coach, like a football coach.  If you want a teacher, go back to high school.

Etch was a teacher, Bellefuile was a teacher, teach teach teach blah blah blah

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd be very excited if just one year we had a coach come in and say, you know I'm a coach, like a football coach.  If you want a teacher, go back to high school.

Etch was a teacher, Bellefuile was a teacher, teach teach teach blah blah blah

You don't think part of a coaches job is to teach?

coach2
kōCH/
noun
noun: coach; plural noun: coaches
  1. 1.
    an athletic instructor or trainer.
    synonyms: instructortrainermanagerMore

• a tutor who gives private or specialized teaching.

teach
tēCH/
verb
verb: teach; 3rd person present: teaches; past tense: taught; past participle: taught; gerund or present participle: teaching
  1. 1.
    show or explain to (someone) how to do something.
    "she taught him to read"
    synonyms: educateinstructschooltutorcoachtrainMore

• give information about or instruction in (a subject or skill).
      "he came one day each week to teach painting"
      synonyms: give lessons in, lecture in, be a teacher of;

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

You don't think part of a coaches job is to teach?

coach2
kōCH/
noun
noun: coach; plural noun: coaches
  1. 1.
    an athletic instructor or trainer.
    synonyms: instructortrainermanagerMore

• a tutor who gives private or specialized teaching.

teach
tēCH/
verb
verb: teach; 3rd person present: teaches; past tense: taught; past participle: taught; gerund or present participle: teaching
  1. 1.
    show or explain to (someone) how to do something.
    "she taught him to read"
    synonyms: educateinstructschooltutorcoachtrainMore

• give information about or instruction in (a subject or skill).
      "he came one day each week to teach painting"
      synonyms: give lessons in, lecture in, be a teacher of;

Actually, my point is that its completely obvious that most of coaching is teaching... so let's stop writing an article about it every single post season like this is some kind of revelation...  I might need coffee though.

Edited by Floyd