Nichols signs 1 year deal with Bombers

Mike

Bringing back Nichols is a good move. I'm not his biggest fan but he is a viable option coming off the bench. Also has enough experience to start a few games if need be.  Rookies sometimes do ok off the bench but struggle when they have to become a emergency starter

Wow, this forum is woefully over-estimating Matt Nichols...  

If this signing is under the 2015 cap and a very modest amount, I'm fine with it... if it means Walters is signalling that he's not shopping for another backup then we're in for another long season.

He almost did as much as willy with the same horrible offence and had us in games into the dying seconds.   I'm not sure what else you can ask from a backup?   Maybe if we could land a starting qb like Ray to be a backup here that would be awesome.  But I don't see any other starters that are better willing to become a backup.  

Recruiting the the next starting star qb should still be on the pressing to do list, but the combo of will and Nichols should show a lot better with lapo then it did with Brohm and marve.

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Wow, this forum is woefully over-estimating Matt Nichols...  

If this signing is under the 2015 cap and a very modest amount, I'm fine with it... if it means Walters is signalling that he's not shopping for another backup then we're in for another long season.

No, this is a good signing. Name me another qb who can backup Willy & be effective? A free agent qb from another team not coming here to be the starter that would have been a better signing than this? Don't say Harris as he would never sign here to be the backup.