First Cut Down Day - list of players released

Jacquie

I'm not surprised about Tuinei, I actually expected him to get cut.

I'm more surprised about Denicos Allen and Sammy Brown.

Totally agree. I thought both Allen and Brown played among the best at their respective positions and their respective positions had openings. Tuinei was in tough fighting with a lot of quality guys for one position.

I'd say the loss of West represents the team committing to the next generation of NI talent and wanting to invest in these players.  Maybe he re-emerges on the roster once players can be added to IR lists.  Maybe not.  For now it seems like those 21 NI spots will be hotly contested, rather than in recent years where we're pinching our nose to make some of the choices.

Tburgess my new favorite troll

We should have an honorary Tburg day here, where we all pick something that is completely absolutely 100% totally irrelevant without any bearing on anything and possibly bordering on unicorns in it's imaginary nature, and complain about it.

I was so happy a game had finally been played, so now he can complain about a real thing, like a hand-off out of shotgun on second and ten, but no.  This.  It's so abstract it's like Picasso and Dali had a baby who grew up claiming to be a Bomber fan.

Let me try...  I think the fact that they changed the name of Investor's Group Field to just "Winnipeg Stadium" for the duration of the Women's World Cup shows WEAK leadership.  If Wade Miller was any kind of a leader he would have defended his major sponsor and stood up to FIFA.  I think we have a major problem in the management of the team, and this is just the start of a slippery slope where major soccer federations continually marginalize the team until they have to relocate to Moncton.

Funny stuff guys.  Completely ignore what I type.  Pretend that I'm anxious and feel entitled.  Then complain about that.  Par for the MBB course.

denial is a horrible thing. You can deny it all you like but you are entitled. You want decisions made on your schedule and if they're not made in accordance with when you want it then you start slagging the decision makers as fools. That my friend is entitlement whether you want to call it that or not. 

As for the cuts, biggest surprise to me is west given how much he came along on special teams over the years. 

Shows how much you actually read. I don't want all the decisions to be made on my schedule.  I disagree with some of the decisions.  I've never called the decision makers fools.  I don't think I'm entitled,  I think personal decisions can be made in under 5 days.  Most of the cuts were pretty easy to make.  When the Bombers make different choices than I would, I point that out.  When they make decisions that I agree with, I point that out.  It's called having a mind of my own.  Agreeing with everything the Bombers do is called 'Fan Boy', which is a title worn by a group of posters around here who want to 'yell down' everyone who disagrees with anything.

The part I don't understand is why you want the club (or think the club should/could have) made the decisions earlier than any other team. Is it because we played our games earlier than some of the other teams? I don't think the coaching staff should be penalized because of the schedule makers. Training camp is short enough without also losing 5 days worth of practices and meetings to evaluate the players.

The other option, of course, would been to tell the players yesterday morning instead of this morning, so they could make an announcement one day earlier, but why would they do that? They were able to get in an additional day, give every player as much of a chance as they possible could, and were able to take the evening to debate the possibilites. To do so earlier wouldn't be fair to the players in question or the coaching staff.

If the Bombers had announced their cuts yesterday morning, there would be Tburg complaining that the Bombers had a FULL DAY left to evaluate and pulled the trigger way too fast, showing that they just aren't giving all of the players enough attention and are now throwing out babies with the bath water. One thing I always find with serial complainers is that no matter what the situation, they will not be happy. I don't know why you would want to live in a perpetual state of unhappiness, but some people are just wired that way.

Funny stuff guys.  Completely ignore what I type.  Pretend that I'm anxious and feel entitled.  Then complain about that.  Par for the MBB course.

denial is a horrible thing. You can deny it all you like but you are entitled. You want decisions made on your schedule and if they're not made in accordance with when you want it then you start slagging the decision makers as fools. That my friend is entitlement whether you want to call it that or not. 

As for the cuts, biggest surprise to me is west given how much he came along on special teams over the years. 

Shows how much you actually read. I don't want all the decisions to be made on my schedule.  I disagree with some of the decisions.  I've never called the decision makers fools.  I don't think I'm entitled,  I think personal decisions can be made in under 5 days.  Most of the cuts were pretty easy to make.  When the Bombers make different choices than I would, I point that out.  When they make decisions that I agree with, I point that out.  It's called having a mind of my own.  Agreeing with everything the Bombers do is called 'Fan Boy', which is a title worn by a group of posters around here who want to 'yell down' everyone who disagrees with anything.

I can read just fine thanks, can you? Right there, looks like you set a schedule and think the Bombers should stick to it right? You act the same way all the time and then deny you act that way. 

Deleted a bunch of crap out of this thread.

People are entitled to their opinions no matter how much you disagree with them. You can argue against their opinion, but there is no need to start calling people out and calling them names. 

Keep this thread on the topic of people getting cut. 

Thanks.

1) That's funny TB, I mean you saying you don't want decisions made on your schedule. Good one.

2) As much as I'm somewhat surprised at the release of Tuinei, I find I realize that a Tuinei isn't worth as much as it used to be.

3) I don't think we're going to be at a disadvantage on the DL if the players who are still around (Gibson, Johnson) are there to challenge and give us rotation especially at DE. Westerman and the ever-pressed G. Peach will do just fine as the leaders and the rest will follow nicely.

You may not be entitled, but you've definitely devised your own threshold for how long the Bombers should need to make their cuts.  Especially when you earlier make a statement like "There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet." 

The part I don't understand is why you want the club (or think the club should/could have) made the decisions earlier than any other team. Is it because we played our games earlier than some of the other teams? I don't think the coaching staff should be penalized because of the schedule makers. Training camp is short enough without also losing 5 days worth of practices and meetings to evaluate the players.

The other option, of course, would been to tell the players yesterday morning instead of this morning, so they could make an announcement one day earlier, but why would they do that? They were able to get in an additional day, give every player as much of a chance as they possible could, and were able to take the evening to debate the possibilites. To do so earlier wouldn't be fair to the players in question or the coaching staff.

Thanks for not trying to tell me what I'm actually thinking and asking a serious question.

I'm not saying the Bombers should have made all the cuts 5 days ago or that they should have made the cuts before any other team.  I'm saying they had 5 more days than the teams who played on Saturday night so they had a lot of time to make the decisions.  All the teams who didn't play on Saturday night made their announcements yesterday. 17 and Dee like to refer to it as my timeframe.

Getting additional days out of players you aren't keeping anyway doesn't provide much if any benefit and it takes reps away from the guys who still need to make an impression to make the cut next week.  I hope we're not at the point where we need to keep the first cutdown players around in case we need them later on. Better to bring in some second cut guys from other teams or to rely on the scouts if we have injuries.

Even if you want to get every last rep from the guys you're cutting.  I'd still prefer that those cuts be made yesterday, face to face then announced yesterday.  

You may not be entitled, but you've definitely devised your own threshold for how long the Bombers should need to make their cuts.  Especially when you earlier make a statement like "There's no excuse for the decisions not having been made yet." 

My threshold = the leagues cutdown day.  5 days is more than enough time to make the decisions.

My threshold = the leagues cutdown day.  5 days is more than enough time to make the decisions.

If you were someone with years and years of actual football coaching and management experience saying this, your opinion might have some validity to it. As it stands, you don't have a clue how long it takes to make decisions like this. So stating this as a fact just makes you look like someone who is complaining for the sake of complaining with no actual credibility backing your opinion.

If you were someone with years and years of actual football coaching and management experience saying this, your opinion might have some validity to it. As it stands, you don't have a clue how long it takes to make decisions like this. So stating this as a fact just makes you look like someone who is complaining for the sake of complaining with no actual credibility backing your opinion.

If you were someone who's opinion I valued, I might listen to your post.  As it stands every team who didn't play on Friday managed to make their decisions and annouce them before the deadline except Winnipeg.

If you were someone who's opinion I valued, I might listen to your post.  As it stands every team who didn't play on Friday managed to make their decisions and annouce them before the deadline except Winnipeg.

But what does it matter?  Who cares if they waited till the last second or not?  It doesn't make any difference in the grand scheme of things.

If you were someone who's opinion I valued,

and I pray that I never reach this status...

I might listen to your post.

You don't listen to anybody.

As it stands every team who didn't play on Friday managed to make their decisions and annouce them before the deadline except Winnipeg.

Not sure if this is even true, but even if it is, who the hell cares. Meanwhile, in Africa, five kids starved to death while we were arguing about this stupid trivial non-issue.