Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

Lot of entitlement and impatience in this thread that's for sure. I hope they don't make an official announcement until training camp just to watch some of you continue to *****.

It is pretty funny how worked up people are getting.. Its like their lives have stalled without knowing the official announcement.. The sleeplessness, the anxiety!

Lot of entitlement and impatience in this thread that's for sure. I hope they don't make an official announcement until training camp just to watch some of you continue to *****.

It is pretty funny how worked up people are getting.. Its like their lives have stalled without knowing the official announcement.. The sleeplessness, the anxiety!

Pre-Announcement Death Syndrom is nothing to laugh about.

Pre-Announcement Death Syndrom is nothing to laugh about.

I used to get a bad case of "The PADS" back in the day...but with age comes patience....or something.

Actually the longer we wait the less it feels its a done deal, the less likely that coordinator is making decisions on his defensive staff.  The sooner we have someone in that position the sooner they can be in watching films and determining what players they need to keep; what changes they want to make and start getting work going for next season.  I felt that part of the failure with Gary was we didn't have him hired until late so he didn't get the full time to work on getting his schemes and such ready.

What schemes? Etch with Schemes?

It is pretty funny.  One or two folks want an official notice that we have a DC signed and a bunch of folks get upset about it, call it 'entitlement' and make up 'reasons' why it may not have happened yet.  

Personally i'd take an official text from the club.  No need for a presser on this one.  What are they going to say?  Hall's only choice for a DC job was Winnipeg and once Benevides turned us and Regina down, there was no one else with experience even in the running.

It is pretty funny.  One or two folks want an official notice that we have a DC signed and a bunch of folks get upset about it, call it 'entitlement' and make up 'reasons' why it may not have happened yet.  

Personally i'd take an official text from the club.  No need for a presser on this one.  What are they going to say?  Hall's only choice for a DC job was Winnipeg and once Benevides turned us and Regina down, there was no one else with experience even in the running.

You're right, the best way to market the team to the public is just to send out a mass e-mail about the hiring of a new coach.

Maybe they can just include it as a hidden message in the wanted ads next week.

You're right, the best way to market the team to the public is just to send out a mass e-mail about the hiring of a new coach.

You think a presser to announce the hiring of Hall would help market the team?  Really?  The only folks who watch the pressers are the rabid fans who you don't need to sell the Bombers to.  

The 'news' papers would certainly carry the story.  That's where the non-rabid fans get their info anyway.

You think a presser to announce the hiring of Hall would help market the team?  Really?  The only folks who watch the pressers are the rabid fans who you don't need to sell the Bombers to.  

The 'news' papers would certainly carry the story.  That's where the non-rabid fans get their info anyway.

And what do you think helps build the story?

A press conference. With quotes. For the story.

Interesting - texts came out in the last year:

I'm hearing Rich Stubler will be the next #Bombers defensive co-ordinator. Makes sense given his history with O'Shea.

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Stubler was released by the Lions today. Dec 7

http://blogs.theprov…p-rich stubler

Dec 9 - Read at the CFL forum that the Stamps are interested in Stubler for DC but no source was given. Anyone else hear this?

Dec12 - "It appears the Bombers are just waiting for Stubler’s B.C. contract to expire before officially adding him to the fold."

Dec 13 Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN27m

Rich Stubler met with Mike O'Shea Thurs & is leaning to the #Bombers DC job. But its not done yet. Stubler will meet with #Stamps on Tues

Dec19th - CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL  1m 

BREAKING: Rich Stubler named new @CalStampeders Defensive Coordinator - #CFL

January 15th….the hiring of Gary Etcheverry was considered a done deal...

January 23rd - Wpg. Sun headline - Defensive co-ordinator search continues - Kirk Penton.

January 29th 2014 - gary lawless ‏@garylawless1m

Expect #bombers to name Gary Etchevery as DC and he'll bring in Nelson Martin to coach DBs. Deals in final stages of completion. #bn                                         

January 30th Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 4m

Confirmed: #Bombers have hired Gary Etchevery as their new DC. Deal is done

Feb 20th - Gary Etchverry announced as Defensive Co-Ordinator

^^^ And this is precisely why the fans would appreciate an announcement sooner than later...

And what do you think helps build the story?

A press conference. With quotes. For the story.

Not to mention the photo ops with everyone smiling and shaking hands, and Hall in his shiny new W hat. A mass text/email just doesn't have the pomp and circumstance befitting a new coordinator.

Don't know what G. Lawless based it on, but at this point, I don't think it's a done deal. 

I wonder if both sides are being pretty thorough concerning the details of this. Nothing wrong with that.

but it's a little odd, that other teams both leagues take care of stuff like this so much quicker, and our guys are

moving at a crawl.

Don't know what G. Lawless based it on, but at this point, I don't think it's a done deal. 

I wonder if both sides are being pretty thorough concerning the details of this. Nothing wrong with that.

but it's a little odd, that other teams both leagues take care of stuff like this so much quicker, and our guys are

moving at a crawl.

That seems to be the MO of this team compared to other teams. The wheels turn very s-l-o-w-l-y. I have no idea why. 

I could care less if he's announced tomorrow or late February. The average fan doesn't care at all who the DC is.

Walters already said he will be selecting the players rather then the coaches so who cares when its announced.

I could care less if he's announced tomorrow or late February. The average fan doesn't care at all who the DC is.

Walters already said he will be selecting the players rather then the coaches so who cares when its announced.

Who cares about average fans? There are no average fans here at this site. Most average fans know what a football looks like but couldn't tell you much about football as they really don't even care. Average fans support the team when they win & ignore it when they lose. Or they jump on the bandwagon when the Bombers win a few & jump off spraining their ankles when they lose. It's not average fans who support the team financially. It's true fans that'll drop season ticket money on the Bombers, sit thru bad weather rather than stay home watching on TSN HD & follow the team passionately.