Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

The whole Korey Banks thing has been strange... but a $50k signing bonus is beyond baffling.

Still, KW gets a flyer I suppose... bombers did need to show they were back in the mix I guess.

Either way, no one is trading for Banks.

Me thinks if Ottawa gets off to a baaaad start and their LB/secondary looks porous, we may have a dance partner.. Otherwise it might be pretty hard to get anything for him.... Unless injuries riddle a team and they become desperate for vet presence and decent player..

Well I still don't know why we got a guy that B.C. was going to cut anyway. He had a poor last couple of years and if there's anything at all I know about football is that, unlike other sports, like a dog, players go down hill very fast, they don't 'fade' very often. Especially when playing a physical position.

Look, in his prime, Korey was definitely one of, if not the, best DB in the CFL. His prime was six years ago. You guys are right - no one will trade for him, and though Poblah never met expectations here you'd think we could have received an actual 'player' for him. Though, I do get why they got him, I wouldn't have but I get it. And I guess it's a good thing that we have players that are 'better' than him. I'd be concerned if he was our 3rd best linebacker. My bet - we cut him, he signs with Ottawa and he may remain there all year (possibly) but this will be his last year. 

This looks bad, but hey, better to admit a mistake than to let your ego get in the way and keep saying it'll work.

I don't think anyone will trade for him, which is unfortunate.  I'd keep him around a bit longer, but perhaps they're not happy with how he will handle a reduced role?

With how poor Jamie Robinson looked at LB for the Argos last night, I could see them possibly moving a late draft pick or spare part to acquire Banks.  The only other team that I would imagine has any interest would be Ottawa but I really can't see them moving much in terms of Canadians or draft picks... maybe we could get Wallace Miles back or something similar.

If it's true then WOW.  Did not see that coming.  Banks has done everything you want from a vet since they signed him.  Sounds like Wally was right yet again.  I can't see any team giving up anything for Banks.  Too bad about the signing bonus.  That's gone for good.  Don't care about losing Kito.  He wasn't producing anyway.

I love this move. Leadership is literally the only thing that Banks gives us at this point. I don't want Sears off the field and frankly, Dunn is better than him at this point. I suppose injury "depth" is nice to have but would he want to be in that role? Doubtful.

To play a bit of Devil's Advocate here, the sample size for Banks as a Bomber is extremely tiny.  Yes, he definitely dropped off in BC last year, but when comparing him to guys like Dunn and Sears (who has been injured frequently), I'm not sure I agree with the thinking that our current players are so far and away better than Banks that he's expendable. 

I think Banks was a big deal when he was signed as he was a "name player" and Walters was just getting his feet wet as the permanent GM so he wanted to make a bold move.  Unfortunately O'Shea probably doesn't give a crap about any of the "optics" and has found better and younger positional players to take his place so Banks is no longer needed.  It's now up to Walters to save face and get what he can for Banks while trying to extend Banks career with another team.  Hopefully he gets a fair shot with Ottawa.  It's a tough call all around because they used Banks to create credibility for the new regime but ultimately Wally was probably right about Banks expiration date.  Always trust in Wally.