Bombers Looking to Trade Korey Banks

Rich

Sears played a fantastic game against Toronto, but he is as durible as Watson is. I could see Sears getting hurt right after Banks is released.

That's why the Bombers want Banks as his backup but Banks won't accept that role. So much for his "leadership", he's just another selfish athlete. Good riddance Korey Banks.

I have no doubts that cutting Banks is the best thing for the roster on the field, no doubts about that. But it's a black eye for the GM there's no two ways about that. We gave up an asset and cash for a guy who didn't play a snap for us, that's just not a good move and it makes you wonder about how we scout players on other teams. Should have done their homework. At his point trading Poblah for a 7th round pick would have been better value. 

Why are you saying we should have done more homework on a guy who wanted to do anything to help this club win the Grey Cup, except, of course the same said do anything to help this team?

Can't always see when a guy is going to do a turnaround when you least expect it.

@DarrinBauming: O'Shea: “I don’t think he was willing to accept that type of leadership role. I believe he believes that leadership comes from being out ...

@DarrinBauming: ... there on the field. My idea of — my utopian idea is that a player says when (you ask), ‘What’s your goal? What do you want to do this...

@DarrinBauming: ...season?' The answer is, 'Anything I’m asked of by the organization to allow us to win a Grey Cup.’ ...

@DarrinBauming: ... That’s the answer. But like I said, that’s the perfect answer that I’d like to hear." – Mike O'Shea

After seeing the effort from almost everyone (at least everyone who's on the team) in pre-season and game 1, it's not hard to move on from Banks and this situation says more about Banks than O'Shea and his staff.  Everyone has a paddle in the water except for Banks.  See ya.

Very well said. Fully agreed.

I know he has a nice contract, and a 60 grand signing bonus wow thought it was 50 grand (maybe that was mistyped). But for all that, being a 'backup' is a pretty sweet deal. Of course he wants to play, he should. Every player should have that attitude, but a true 'leader' knows his time will come and when it does he'll lead and play by example and do his best to stay in the lineup once he gets an opportunity. 

This is very selfish of him and I'm sick of 'selfish' bombers (remember "swaggerville' how embarrassing it was to be a bomber fan in Edmonton when that was happening). 

I say eat the 50/60 k and show him the door. 

Too bad Banks couldn't keep his emotions in check and wait patiently for an opportunity to arise.  If he knows anything about Sears history he will know that there will be plenty of chances to play this season.  Just look at Kevin Glenn's career path, he hasn't been a starter for many years and yet he ends up playing in more games than not.

wow. how is the gm supposed to know that a guy brought in to be a leader wouldn't accept being a backup. This isn't on walters or o'shea, this is on Banks, we don't need selfish players on the team, like it or not, banks was/is being selfish. Not a leader. 

If he only wants to be a starter, i'd suspect his days in the CFL are over. 

wow. how is the gm supposed to know that a guy brought in to be a leader wouldn't accept being a backup. This isn't on walters or o'shea, this is on Banks, we don't need selfish players on the team, like it or not, banks was/is being selfish. Not a leader. 

This isn't some CFL rookie here, this is a guy who has been around the league a long long time. There should be enough information to go on in regards to what his character is like. 

And here we go with the GM competency posts and a swipe at the HC too.

And earlier than normal….triple bonus!

Geez, I forgot about the lying…the constant lying.

Think of where we'd be without the lying.

Did I miss anything?

Frankly, i think it speaks to the ability of walters to bring in talent that pushed banks out the door... Very competent.. Brought in banks as insurance and insurance can be pricey...

But now he and his bigger contract are gone minus his signing bonus... The cost of business and covering your ass...

**** happens but definitely not some kind of embarrassing gaffe worth ridicule... and insinuating o'shea is somehow a negative on this because he made the call.. Did you see our secondary last game, nuff said..

Banks had very limited reps in the 2 pre-season games and, frankly, looked like he had lost a step or two during training camp. You knew O'Shea was not happy when Banks took a day off during TC. I was expecting Bombers to release him at final TC cuts. Guess they decided to see if they could get something for their investment while keeping him on ice on the IR, but then word leaked out that they were shopping him and so now he is gone. It's good that it is being spun that Banks asked for his release, it makes him still somewhat marketable. Won't be surprised if Ottawa signs him tomorrow, so they can get a grip on Etch's invisible playbook. Does this mean the person who won the signed #24 Banks jersey at a recent fundraiser I attended now has a collectors item? 

The average fan sees we went out and got a great vet in Banks (they don't know he was on his last legs, they just know the name), that Banks looked to bleed Blue and Gold from day 1 and now he's on his way out the door.  They see tweets and probably an article or two that say 'Don't piss off O'Shea' and they wonder what's going on.  As long as we keep winning, they won't care.  If we don't and we have DB problems, then they will wonder out loud if Banks was really the problem.  So yes... I do think optics matter.

Not sure I get your point here. In his prime, Korey was a halfback yes, and Milts' first year on the panel he actually picked him as his first player over a QB in some mock draft they were doing (I believe it was if you were starting a franchise and you could have any one player in the CFL as your first player who would it be). Obviously, Milt felt he was the best DB in the league he had to play against, so high praise indeed. But I remember that, because that season, Banks struggled in the DB position, and after that year, he started transistioning to LINEBACKER. 

And when the bombers signed him, they signed him as a LINEBACKER. In the preseason games, he played as a LINEBACKER. When he didn't play in game one, his replacement - Johnny Sears I believe it was - played LINEBACKER. 

So what does the comment of our DB's have anything to do with Banks? 

Our outside LB's are DB's.