2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I would imagine no since it would cost way too much to maintain and the building probably was never designed to have grass. 

I would also argue that maintaining the grass in the fall would be too challenging, with all the football that's played there. Easier for it to recover in summer, but not so much in fall. 

44 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would also argue that maintaining the grass in the fall would be too challenging, with all the football that's played there. Easier for it to recover in summer, but not so much in fall. 

And Valour FC plays into October as well.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Was at the stadium Friday night for the Bryant & Streveler talk. It was very exciting to see the work on the field. It was really worn out, so it was becoming a bit of an injury concern. 

I bet they're cutting it up to hand out to season ticket holders like they did with the turf at the old stadium. ;) 

With the Goldeyes finally getting a new scoreboard it got me thinking. Will the Bombers ever upgrade their jumbotrons? 

It would great if they were replaced by larger versions at some point.

20 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bombers sign Larnel Coleman. He's an American  offensive tackle who was drafted in the 7th round of the 2021 NFL draft. He played 1 game in the NFL and played college at UMass.

6'6" 310 sun-blocker.....

https://www.nfl.com/players/larnel-coleman/

I hope despite Bennett and Schmekel they realize they still need DL from this draft.  Because there's a handful of really good ones.  Athletic, rush end types and 3 tech types...some who played end in U Sports/NCAA.  Need to replace Hansen/Maruo too not in terms of Global status but their reps.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

As Walters said, who we pick will have to beat out someone on our existing roster, our first round will likely be Oline after that it will likely be who can improve our roster the most. At our second pick. it will depend whose available on the dline that better than Bennet or Smeckle. Or if we go reciever whose better than Murphy.

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

As Walters said, wh we pick will have to beat out someone on our existing roster, our first round will like be Oline after that it will likely be who can improve our roster the most. At our second pick it will depend whose available on the dline that better than Bennet or Smeckle. Or if we go reciever whose better than Murphy.

Except that hasn’t happened the last couple of drafts. 
 Picking our type of guy is great, as long as they are an actual viable contributor at a position and not sts guy who doesn’t have the potential or ability to play a position. 

50 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

They need to pick talented players with the potential to start not roster fillers like Bennet or Smeckle or guys who are just going to be STers.

Yep. Cept neither is even good at teams lol. 

with this strong a top portion of a draft and soo many picks I’m sure walters will have his best draft in years. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yep. Cept neither is even good at teams lol. 

with this strong a top portion of a draft and soo many picks I’m sure walters will have his best draft in years. 

Yea, that shouldn't be too tough. Two years ago he didn't have a first rounder and last year was just a bunk draft year. I don't think any team in this league is particularly stoked by their last 2 drafts.

Edited by GCn20

20 hours ago, Pete said:

As Walters said, who we pick will have to beat out someone on our existing roster, our first round will likely be Oline after that it will likely be who can improve our roster the most. At our second pick. it will depend whose available on the dline that better than Bennet or Smeckle. Or if we go reciever whose better than Murphy.

I’m pretty sure Walters could blindfold himself and throw darts at a John Hodge mock draft and end up with a better player than Tanner freakin Schmekel

21 hours ago, Pete said:

A few draft choices may go back for their last year in college. A few will start the season on PR as development players.  It wouldn't surprise me to see a couple of the 2024 draft choices actually make the AR. We've lost a few Canadians that spent most of 2023 on the AR, so there are some open spots.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see a few Canadian depth players not make the roster in any form. So we'll see how our selections go.

Previously I suggested that we might try and trade up since we have 10 selections this year.  As an example, would we trade our # 8 & # 17 or # 20 for a top 5 draft pick?  Just spit balling.