2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF it comes down to losing Schoen to keep Brady, I am 110% okay with that.

Ignoring being from Winnipeg - We're talking about the best player at his position AND counting as a National, AND handling the ball typically 15-20 times a game, occasionally sometimes more.

As the weather turns, running the ball gets increasingly important, while Schoen, is at a position where we already have great talent, is usually the easiest position to find new, American talent, and only handles the ball a few times a game.

Don't get me wrong - I love Schoen. He's a gritty SOB and among the best at his position too...but given the above, if forced to choose (and hopefully we don't have to), I'm keeping Brady every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's not particularly close for me whatsoever.

10 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

When he started looking for picks instead of actually covering his guy it went downhill. Labour Day was the start of the fall. 

Changed  the whole game by taking a needless risk for a pick 6. 

factor in he was probably the worst tackler on the team as well...he shuld have been on the pine the last 3rd of season and playoffs...but staff was blinded by the picks

1 minute ago, Mr. Perfect said:

IF it comes down to losing Schoen to keep Brady, I am 110% okay with that.

Ignoring being from Winnipeg - We're talking about the best player at his position AND counting as a National, AND handling the ball typically 15-20 times a game, occasionally sometimes more.

As the weather turns, running the ball gets increasingly important, while Schoen, is at a position where we already have great talent, is usually the easiest position to find new, American talent, and only handles the ball a few times a game.

Don't get me wrong - I love Schoen. He's a gritty SOB and among the best at his position too...but given the above, if forced to choose (and hopefully we don't have to), I'm keeping Brady every day of the week and twice on Sundays. It's not particularly close for me whatsoever.

There is something to be said about how Brady is a luxury so it shouldn’t matter, but it’s definitely easier to find a Schoen than a Brady. I hope we manage to keep both though.

I’m going to try and be self-aware with this because I know I prefer Schoen over Brady myself, but I did have a conversation with my dad the other day where he made a very good point: we’ve never played Schoenball in the 4th Q to seal a win. We’ve made a habit of playing Bradyball. That stuff does matter and I don’t think I had really considered that until he said it.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I’m going to try and be self-aware with this because I know I prefer Schoen over Brady myself, but I did have a conversation with my dad the other day where he made a very good point: we’ve never played Schoenball in the 4th Q to seal a win. We’ve made a habit of playing Bradyball. That stuff does matter and I don’t think I had really considered that until he said it.

I'd say your dad is far wiser than you.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Great point

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

True - but Bradyball works better when you have a lead. That comes after Schoen racking up TDs. 

I love Brady, I’m glad he is back - he is the best RB in the league. However, giving him bank is not high on my priority list. 

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Club needed to do this you can’t have a top ten player in the league from your city playing for another team. Just from a PR point this a win.

Yeah you can. 

3 minutes ago, wpgallday1960 said:

Schoen would be great but it is easier to get good import receivers than CDN starting RBs.

Except it took us literally decades to find one that we recruited to the level of Schoen. 

Edited by Geebrr

13 minutes ago, Pepper_Brooks said:

Wow, what a way to kick off the day! I'm absolutely pumped that Brady's sticking around! My health has been taking a major hit lately and I've been feeling at an all-time low, this news is like a touchdown for my spirit, I haven't felt this fired up since November

What time do you get out of bed??

My question why only 2yrs?....he wants to try and re-set market again??...team should have pushed for a 3 yr...substantial increase in yr 3 when some big money will be off the book, and with some guaranted money to sweeten the pot...

Hopefully we find a way to have an Import back on roster to put out at same time, and to give him a breather/change it up.....

I really think there’s a notable absence of negotiations being held with the top receivers and I’m guessing it’s because everyone has realized paying 300k to a Lawler or Lewis doesn’t mean anything if you suck at QB.

My gut tells me right now that Schoen may have been hoping for an offer from Ottawa to go play with Dru, but now that it’s probably not coming, he’ll be back here at 260k-ish