2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Should we read anything into the fact that the club has added 6 receivers but only one running back to the roster in the off season?

Half or more of these guys won’t even make it to main camp. 

Any time we have signed an import  RB n the last 9 years there are comments about “why?”.

If a guy is on your neg list and wants to come up - you  basically have to make it happen or cut him loose. 

Edited by Geebrr

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Noeller said:

There is not one person who is MAD at BO (whatever the hell that even means). There were some who didn't love the SoMed post, but even they admitted it's likely a generation gap thing. Most have said that if he wants to try and reset the market for RBs he's welcome to do that somewhere else. 

For the record,  I'm mad at BO.  It's one of the reasons I don't like going to Saskatchewan. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

There is not one person who is MAD at BO (whatever the hell that even means). There were some who didn't love the SoMed post, but even they admitted it's likely a generation gap thing. Most have said that if he wants to try and reset the market for RBs he's welcome to do that somewhere else. 

Yep that's not hate that's just the reality of a fan base that values winning more than stockpiling star players. We aren't the damn Maple Leafs...I'd rather win.

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Apart from perhaps the kicker, they sound like training camp bodies.

I sure hope this kicker is the real deal, could be the next Bob Cameron and move here for life, well, maybe moving to your in-laws home town isn’t the draw one might think it could be…

On 2024-01-23 at 9:49 AM, GCn20 said:

So many variables. If Ford comes back, and adds another NAT starter to defence does that make BO less of a priority? Maybe.

I don't know that Ford will be a starter immediately if he returns in 2024. He has potential but is a long way from being pencilled in to start IMO.

18 hours ago, GCJenks said:

I sure hope this kicker is the real deal, could be the next Bob Cameron and move here for life, well, maybe moving to your in-laws home town isn’t the draw one might think it could be…

I know the in-laws very well- not gonna be an issue! We'll see what he can do, but he'll definitely have a great support system. 

Edited by itchy

26 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Things are quiet on the homefront. Too quiet if you ask me.

Yeah....was expecting to hear of a few signings....Walters trying to make the money work all around, I would guess, and with fa fast approaching, he better be finalizing a few contracts soon

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yeah....was expecting to hear of a few signings....Walters trying to make the money work all around, I would guess, and with fa fast approaching, he better be finalizing a few contracts soon

I'm sure things will pick up once we get into February before free agency.

14 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Anyone know when the tampering week is?

I believe it opens 9 days before free agency. 

So, if that's correct, with times being around noon Eastern. 

7 Days open tampering window. February 4th to 10th. 

2 days (48-hours) is non-tampering. February 11th & 12th. 

Free agency.  February 13th.

1 hour ago, itchy said:

I know the in-laws very well- not gonna be an issue! We'll see what he can do, but he'll definitely have a great support system. 

T & B will need to calm themselves a bit, can't imagine them at a game with him playing considering how excited they are normally.

3 hours ago, Blue In BC said:

I don't know that Ford will be a starter immediately if he returns in 2024. He has potential but is a long way from being pencilled in to start IMO.

Ford is already under contract, so I guess we won't hear anything about him until he shows up at TC....or not.

5 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Ford is already under contract, so I guess we won't hear anything about him until he shows up at TC....or not.

He was released from his contract to sign in the NFL so he is not on the Bomber's roster.

The Bombers do hold his CFL rights for another year though. 

@TBURGESS would Ford need to sign a new contract with the Bombers or would he be on the last year of his original contract?

On 1/23/2024 at 11:27 AM, JuranBoldenRules said:

I wonder if Burmeister is here as a QB.  His college career as a QB is about as good as anyone coming up to CFL.

We seem to have a converted qb in camp every year. I think they love the flexibility but we haven’t of yet actually kept one. 
 Currently we have 4 QBs on the roster not including burmeister. If we don’t sign strevy or another qb, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take reps at both qb and we in rookie camp and go from there. If we sign another guy I don’t think he will. 

23 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

He was released from his contract to sign in the NFL so he is not on the Bomber's roster.

The Bombers do hold his CFL rights for another year though. 

@TBURGESS would Ford need to sign a new contract with the Bombers or would he be on the last year of his original contract?

Not sure but I believe he could either come back and play out his sophomore year or sign a new deal   

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

We seem to have a converted qb in camp every year. I think they love the flexibility but we haven’t of yet actually kept one. 
 Currently we have 4 QBs on the roster not including burmeister. If we don’t sign strevy or another qb, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take reps at both qb and we in rookie camp and go from there. If we sign another guy I don’t think he will. 

Not sure but I believe he could either come back and play out his sophomore year or sign a new deal   

Ford was a second round pick in 2022.

Here's a bunch of gobbledygook that explains the limitations of his contract.

The 2019 CBA introduces a rookie salary structure for Nationals first contract consisting of 2 years plus a team option. A Max. Min salary is defined as $65,000 for the first two years of the contract, with a maximum housing allowance or signing/roster bonus of $7,500 per season and maximum 50% + 1 bonus based on snaps of $7,500 per season for a maximum earnings of $80,000 for first and second round picks in their first two seasons, with the third season base salary not exceeding the second year base salary by more that 10%. 

41 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nice!     BO's replacement for next season in case we can't keep him!   6 yards per carry !  Wooo! 

I'm a fan, so it's great to see JA back - hope they locked him in for 2 years. Got a feeling he might see more of the ball. I see Jeshrun Antwi is still a free agent so who knows how it will all play out ...? 

Edited by Doublezero